Woohoo - Factory pic of our 320 BD

Just got a couple of pics from the factory of our new 320 just coming off line. Thought the racks were back-ordered, but guess not!
Now if only USPS could get me a brake controller without sending it all over the USA! (Ohio to PA to Ohio to WI to DC)
2021 400 BD
2018 Ford F150 

Comments

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    It does exist!!!! Congrats!!!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    Congrats! The waiting is the hardest part! 
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Your getting your moneys worth for what you paid on shipping for your controller.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • jcrystaljcrystal Member Posts: 32
    How close to the completion date were you when they sent the pictures?
    2021 TAB 320S  Boondock
  • LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    jcrystal said:
    How close to the completion date were you when they sent the pictures?
    The initial off-line date I was given was 3/8, they sent the pictures above on 8/23 and they were taken that same day. I was told that it was to go on line a week late (3/15) so it seems they went from on line to near completion in a week. I have not had any updates since then about actual shipment to the dealer in Madison, WI. We had asked for a delivery date around the middle of April when we ordered it last August and it would appear they'll hit that.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Are you getting these updates from your dealer? My dealer hasn’t been super transparent about the status of our 400. He just keeps saying late March/early April. How are you finding out these “on line” and “completion” dates? I couldn’t even get customer service to look into taking pics. They just said it’s not something they do.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • lindaspinslindaspins Member Posts: 2
    Are you getting these updates from your dealer? My dealer hasn’t been super transparent about the status of our 400. He just keeps saying late March/early April. How are you finding out these “on line” and “completion” dates? I couldn’t even get customer service to look into taking pics. They just said it’s not something they do.

Same question! We've been told ours will be end of May/early June, would love to be able to track it!
    2022 T@b S Boondock 
  • Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2021
    That's interesting my 320 BD has come in with no roof rack, and a different faucet in the sink. Dealer has no idea what is happening with the roof rack, and couldn't explain why a different faucet. Right now its in dealer storage and I have no idea if faucet is an upgrade replacement or just replaced due to no stock. I'm guessing with all the delays and parts issues everyone is in the dark.

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

No, my dealer does not seem to care one bit about getting us info. I've been e-mailing customer service @ NuCamp. Now that it is off line, I was hoping they could provide me a date it would be sent to the dealer, but, alas, NuCamp had no info as of this morning outside of it would likely ship within a week or two. As a first-time RV buyer, I am totally unimpressed with the dealer's ability to provide meaningful info.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
    Rodent77 said:
    That's interesting my 320 BD has come in with no roof rack, and a different faucet in the sink. Dealer has no idea what is happening with the roof rack, and couldn't explain why a different faucet. Right now its in dealer storage and I have no idea if faucet is an upgrade replacement or just replaced due to no stock. I'm guessing with all the delays and parts issues everyone is in the dark.
    I was initially told, by NuCamp, that it would not have the racks, but the pictures clearly showed them. I did ask about which toilet would be in it and was told that the 'standard' Thetford would be installed since they are back in supply. I have no idea on the faucet until we see the actual unit (at which time, I'll post pics).
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @LonesomeRoad, customer service is now help@nucamprv.com. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Rodent77 said:
    I was initially told, by NuCamp, that it would not have the racks, but the pictures clearly showed them. I did ask about which toilet would be in it and was told that the 'standard' Thetford would be installed since they are back in supply. I have no idea on the faucet until we see the actual unit (at which time, I'll post pics).
    I'm with you as a 1st  time RV buyer as well I'm not too impressed with the whole process. Considering the amount of money I'm putting out I would expect a lot more communication either from NuCamp to the dealer or the dealer telling me there are the issues. And with the questions I've asked there is no real follow up to keep me in the loop. However I do have to say the maintenance and PDI guy at our dealer is extremely helpful and loves to give you pointers on the trailer itself if you have a question. He even took the time to get me to hook up to one of their trailers to ensure my Brake controller I hooked up was wired correctly. 

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

No, my dealer does not seem to care one bit about getting us info. I've been e-mailing customer service @ NuCamp. Now that it is off line, I was hoping they could provide me a date it would be sent to the dealer, but, alas, NuCamp had no info as of this morning outside of it would likely ship within a week or two. As a first-time RV buyer, I am totally unimpressed with the dealer's ability to provide meaningful info.
    Yeah, I’m wondering at what point will dealer networks just go the way of the dodo...not just RVs but cars as well. I hate to say it but most of us know more than the dealers. Aside from service departments they just get in the way and increase the cost of the end product. I don’t need a salesmen to sell me on anything that the internet hasn’t already sold me on. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
    Rodent77 said:
    Rodent77 said:
    I'm with you as a 1st  time RV buyer as well I'm not too impressed with the whole process. Considering the amount of money I'm putting out I would expect a lot more communication either from NuCamp to the dealer or the dealer telling me there are the issues. And with the questions I've asked there is no real follow up to keep me in the loop. However I do have to say the maintenance and PDI guy at our dealer is extremely helpful and loves to give you pointers on the trailer itself if you have a question. He even took the time to get me to hook up to one of their trailers to ensure my Brake controller I hooked up was wired correctly. 
    I owned and managed a software company for 31 years (just retired). If I treated customers like many are treated in the RV business, I would have been out on my butt a long time ago. I can deal with a response of "I don't know" as long as the next sentence is "I'm sorry about that and I'm going to get you an answer." Instead I mostly hear excuses and sob stories about product availability. While I'm looking forward to finally getting our 320, given the stories I have read here in the past 6 months about product quality concerns, our RV days may already be numbered. I wrench my own cars and motorcycles and simply never see QA concerns of the level on them that I have on NuCamp (and other RV manufacturers). Reading about glycol spills, extra parts found in the chassis, replacement of parts without warning, flooring problems, etc. is not very encouraging. Some things might be overlooked if there was decent communication, but it seems like NuCamp (and certainly our dealer) have never heard of customer service systems (FreshDesk, Zoho, etc.). Sorry for the rant...I know people here generally love NuCamp and maybe we will learn to, but the ordering and delivery process and dealer network leave a lot to be desired. 
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
    @LonesomeRoad I understand your rant, as my frustrations keep mounting with no real support from anyone involved in the build or sale. I worked 33 years (retired too) in IT as a Mgr in Mainframe support and Helpdesk. Customer is #1
    There seems to be some real lack of communication between NuCamp and the Dealers down to the buyers. Why as a buyer do I need to find these out after the product arrives. I totally understand the issues both dealers and the NuCamp is having either with supply or demand, and I as you said can let it slide if I'm being kept in the loop considering how much money as a client I'm spending and can be part of the decision process. I'm finding out all my information on sites like this and Facebook. I still have no Idea what toilet was installed or why I have a completely different faucet than the one shown in everyone else's picture or the brochure and I don't think after talking to sales they plan to check into it. 
    Good luck with your T@B and hope you get it sooner rather than later. I am looking forward to some new adventures as well and trust the quality will still be there,  after all there are lots of good comments I also read about the product and loyal customers.

We supposedly take delivery of our 400 next week possibly...and I say possibly because my dealer expects it then but hasn't been the best at communicating with me on an approximate date until this week.

@LonesomeRoad
    I think we've both been reading the same posts  ;) I've got some concerns in terms of QC but we'll see. I'm under the assumption that people only post when there are problems so maybe the vast majority of owners aren't having issues.

Yeah, the plywood floor was a HUGE surprise. And I do see a lot of "glycol all over the place" posts. 

I think Nucamp really needs true CS software integration (FreshDesk, Zoho) as the back and forth emails are a bit old school and if you want to compete with the likes of an Aisrtream and charge a premium, you'd better look premium.

@Rodent77
    Yeah, I mentioned this on another thread but the lack of detailed specs in their brochure (if you can really call it that) and website just make it that much more difficult for their customers to find answers and their customer service reps to have to field all of the inquiries. Makes no sense. I shouldn't have to come here or Facebook to find out what brand of AC unit is in my trailer. Nucamp relies way too much on reposting other people's YouTube videos for information rather than just creating in-depth how-to videos, marketing videos, etc. The stuff on their YouTube page is all surface and doesn't dig deep to answer a lot of the questions we have here on this forum (how to use the Alde, for example). 

With all of that said, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. We'll see once we take delivery of our trailer. Everything could be fine...but anybody who's owned an RV knows there will be problems...which is a terrible thing to just take as fact. Just make a better product. Anyway, rant over with. Fingers crossed all goes well. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Woah. I had no idea they had this. Thanks @sh@Sharon_is_SAM

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2021
    Thanks Sharon, a good move by nüCamp in the right direction, to fill the gabs in customer support.  Currently nüCamp is experiencing a very high demand thst seems to have their production maxed out, and everyone is busy trying to meet production deadlines, and get the trailers built.  This strains and/or limits the amount of little extras nüCamp used to do, which you will be hard pressed to find at another manufacturer, including Airstream. 

Most times you place your order with a dealer and an approximate ETA is given, but this is approximate, not written in stone.  You get your TaB when it has been built and delivered.  We had previously been spoiled by the above average communications nüCamp previously had been able to do.  Sometimes our expectations lead to disappointment, when things do not turn out as we had thought it should or might.  This is down to us, for expecting too much perhaps.

Dealers seem to run the gamut, from very responsive, to once the contract is signed, you just wait, no feedback or after sales support, and post delivery support is all,over the place.  This I’d down the the dealers, not nüCamp.  However, part of this issue is down to the unprecedented demand for recreational vehicles, including our beloved TaBs.  

I was at our dealer yesterday, getting some follow up work done on our TaB400, and their lot only had three new trailers on it, a TaB320 (and one recently sold TaB320 being prepared in service), a Jayco A-frame popup, and another copycat teardrop.  By contrast, this same time last year their lot had 50 or so RVs and the showroom area was full, including two Avia trailers, half a dozen TaGs and TaBs both 320 various configurations and four or five 400s.  All gone, and many dealers have already sold the rest of their allocations for TaBs.

We are not living in normal times, everything is in a state of flux and sometimes panic. Even simple daily supplies like toilet paper and other basic supplies have been hard to get.  RV manufacturers are suffering the same issues with increased demand, and limited supply lines, with some component deliveries being delayed, which delays nüCamp production, and this changes on a daily basis.  

nüCamp has their hands full just staying in top of everything, without having to hold its customers hands at every step, It is up o the dealers’ job to be more responsive about customer inquires, and this seems hit and miss based on the dealer.  This is a dealer issue, nüCamp has its hands full trying to get the trailers built and delivered at this point.  They are trying to be more responsive, but nüCamp can not answer questions like product availability, when they even do not even know the answer.  

This is not in anyone’s defense, just the situation as I see it.  And, there is always room for improvement, and nüCamp’s recent reorganization of its customer support shows they are trying, like their recent change of customer service is now help@nucamprv.com.  I especially like their new FAQ/Info site https://nucamprv.freshdesk.com/support/solutions.
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Interesting that they have a portion of Freshdesk running, but that tool (and others like it) have great capabilities that allow for tracking of customer service issues and could even be used in the manufacturing and delivery pipeline. Wouldn't it be cool, that upon ordering a camper, you'd be invited to register in Freshdesk and then have regular communications (order configuration, change requests, when it goes on-line, off-line, shipped, manufacturing pictures, etc.)? That would provide a more professional approach than the e-mail thread approach that is used today. This could help out dealers by minimizing the incoming calls they would get (e.g. "did you get my e-mail about the exterior color change", "when is the camper scheduled for delivery", etc.) and provide all sorts of cool benefits for NuCamp to generate statistics from (e.g. "glycol complaints are way up", "there's a lot of questions about flooring in May", etc.). Most commonly, FreshDesk (and other software of that ilk) is used to record customer contacts by assigning a case number and that then creates a trackable thread. So if someone writes into help@nucamprv.com, a case # is assigned and that case can then be routed properly and tracked in terms of completion of a case (or lack of completion;)).

Closer to home, we visited a dealer in August of last year and left after placing an order but with the noted understanding on the contract that we were going to visit the factory a week later (which we did) and would get back with the dealer about color choices, etc. Part of that deal was also whether we wanted a 320 in November of 2020 or April of 2021. We communicated our desires (colors/delivery date) via e-mail (and stopped in person, just for backup) to the dealer and thought everything was great until  I get a text from the dealer in November saying our 320 was in. Come to find out, that an order had been placed with NuCamp for the wrong colors and wrong date. We, of course, refused delivery (after the dealer admitted they screwed up). If we had gotten a "Welcome to NuCamp" e-mail when the factory received the order that detailed everything, we could have caught the screw-up early on and the dealer would have been happier and so would we.

As @manyman297 observed, this would enhance the brand image of NuCamp and help justify the premium price we are paying for their product and result in, undoubtedly, fewer e-mails and frustrations that people are expressing here and on the FB groups.

2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    All good ideas @LonesomeRoad!  I hope you send your suggestions to nuCamp.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2021
    @LonesomeRoad
    Great Ideas! Love the idea of trackable tickets, so many good things could come from that. Also if the dealer network was linked into the tracking system they would also have some responsibility in the process from sale to delivery.

• TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I remember years ago that if you wanted specific features/colors on a new car, you ordered one from the factory thru your dealer, then waited for it to show up.

Sometimes you got an approximate delivery date and other times you just waited.

Now if your  car dealer doesn't have what you want on the lot, they search around the country for the closest match then try to add on what accessories you requested when it arrives. Can you still order an auto directly from a factory?

Do any of the other RV manufacturers offer custom built rigs other than the million $$ ones?

Most of the RV dealers down here in FL have numerous variations of dozens of models (except T@Bs and T@Gs of course) on their lots.  Can you order a Fleetwood etc, or do you take what's on hand?

Just wondering if anyone has tried ordering from these huge manufacturers, and do you get updates from them?

Because NuCamp has such a great reputation, is everyone expecting more from them than they would from any another company.

And with limited units and dealerships that sell T@Bs, you're kind of stuck with who you're dealing with if they are just so so, unless you want to travel hours to another one that is hopefully better.

It would be nice if NuCamp had their own dealerships.

I don't know if camper sales fall under the same federal regulations that state auto manufacturers can't sell directly to the public but I would bet they do.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
    Because NuCamp has such a great reputation, is everyone expecting more from them than they would from any another company.
    I think because Nucamp openly advertises themselves as having outstanding quality and customer service then we expect it. It's one thing to provide it but when your mission statement is built off of that then you need to deliver on that regardless of the circumstances. I get that we're in extraordinary times but those of us waiting just to hear back on a general ETA should get some kind of answer.

It would be nice if NuCamp had their own dealerships. 
    I tend to believe the dealers might be more the issue. I work for myself and I can't imagine not responding to any one of my client's emails but dealerships are more than fine ignoring them. It's a different mentality. I really wish we'd adopt the Tesla model of selling vehicles. I can't imagine dealer networks really being much more cost effective than having manufacture-owned satellite offices with "floor models" to browse. Yeah you won't get instant gratification but you'll probably have a much smoother buying experience. 

I don't know if camper sales fall under the same federal regulations that state auto manufacturers can't sell directly to the public but I would bet they do.
    I really hope this changes in my lifetime. I'm hopefully not offending anybody here who might be in the industry but I just don't see the purpose of a salesman anymore. We know what we want before we even go to the dealership. It's an antiquated process. Before the internet consumers were swimming in the dark. Salesmen were there to help educate (and convince) you. The last vehicle we bought...the salesman was there to literally hand over paperwork and the keys. A robot could've done that. Sure he was nice and made the experience pleasant...but how much was he really doing? And when you get a bad salesman...then it's really hard to justify why we have to go through dealerships. 

@l@LonesomeRoad is onto something with FreshDesk integration. You're killing many birds with one stone.

I'm sure a lot of my hangups are premature. My main gripe is the lack of communication with my dealer. Seeing the posts here and there about quality issues...I'll wait and see. You tend to hear about bad stuff and never hear about the good stuff. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    I placed an order for a 400 first week of March.  Dealer told me build date week of June 7 and delivery 4-6 weeks after that.  I think that is actually pretty good considering how impacted the industry is.  I was lucky to get their last allocation of the model year.  I won't be surprised if delivery is late but I work in supply chain for a large tech company and I can tell you parts shortages are rampant in many industries.  Look at all the auto makers shutting down production due to chip shortages.  Manufacturers have to balance OTD with quality and lower level part inventory holding costs.  And at some point you have to assume this sellers market will come to a halt if not come crashing down so they are smart not to go crazy with increasing production beyond what is sustainable in the long term.  I am fine waiting a bit and hope they don't go faster than quality allows.    
    Just got an email from the dealer. Looks like ours is off the line on the 7th so maybe just a week or two late from the original estimate. Finally nice to see some actual dates.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
    Just got an email from the dealer. Looks like ours is off the line on the 7th so maybe just a week or two late from the original estimate. Finally nice to see some actual dates.
    Congrats and you must be excited!. Hopefully no issues, as there seems to be a lot of minor ones. I'm still trying to figure why faucet is completely different from everyone else. Unfortunately it is still in storage so I have no picture. So I cant tell if it something they just threw in there to get the Trailer completed and shipped.

Rodent77 said:
    Congrats and you must be excited!. Hopefully no issues, as there seems to be a lot of minor ones. I'm still trying to figure why faucet is completely different from everyone else. Unfortunately it is still in storage so I have no picture. So I cant tell if it something they just threw in there to get the Trailer completed and shipped.
    Yeah we’re pretty pumped about it. Still a gauntlet of things to jump through but it’s promising news. My assumption is there will be a few things that need attention but hopefully they’re minor. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road