Options

2021 TAB 320 Boondock AIR8 E7 error code

Hey does anyone know whats up? I've read the manual a few times, watched a few youtube videos, I'm sure i have it set correctly, E7 code come on after 3 minutes? 
2021 T@b 320 Boondock | 2021 T@b Nights: 40  | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | NuCamp owner since 2017

Comments

• Options
    AddisonAddison Member Posts: 56
    Update! 
    Got it fixed talking to air8
    The ac unit was sliding front to back in the trailer, looks like nothing to keep it in place? It doesnt slide left to right, there were brackets to stop that. So we found out it slide up and the bottom air exhaust vent was not over the hold in the trailer floor. I moved it back and ac! Cold, no error code, i guess i contact nucamp? 
    2021 T@b 320 Boondock | 2021 T@b Nights: 40  | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | NuCamp owner since 2017
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    See my answer where you
    posted the question also. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mntrailsmntrails Member Posts: 143
    I picked up a T@B 320 S Boondock today and noticed I have the same problem.  The rear webbing bracket pulled out and allowed the whole AC unit to slide forward.  It happened to be raining and water definitely comes in the open vent hole too.  Has anyone from NuCamp provided instructions to you on how to make the AC hold-down system more robust?  Thank you
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock - 2018 Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    mntrails said:
    I picked up a T@B 320 S Boondock today and noticed I have the same problem.  The rear webbing bracket pulled out and allowed the whole AC unit to slide forward.  It happened to be raining and water definitely comes in the open vent hole too.  Has anyone from NuCamp provided instructions to you on how to make the AC hold-down system more robust?  Thank you
    Reach out to customerservice@nucamprv.com. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    For mine i figured it out, undo blue strap flip up ac unit, remove two screws holding in tab at bottom. Flip tab over, on top of blue strap, reposition, tighten. Good to go 
    Never heard back from nucamp.....sad

• Options
    I had to move the rear web bracket due to stripped holes - I sealed the old holes and put the bracket back.  The material the screws go into doesn't seem strong enough to hold the weight of the AC especially on a rough road so I added wood bracing to ensure the unit stays where its supposed to.
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Hi guys,
    I have the same problem with the Air8.  It runs for 3 minutes then flashes the E07 error code while blowing hot air through the ducting.  I tried shifting the Air8 towards the rear of the cabinet, but then it would turn on at all.  I shifted it back to the front and while it turned on, I had the error code again.  I can see the intake vent when looking down from above.  Where should the Air8 be positioned to order to work?  Any other ideas?

ps.  Outside temp 87 degrees, inside 100 degrees.  The T@B has only been towed 100 miles from the dealer to my driveway, where it has been sitting since March.
  • Options
    Get it FIXED? 
  • Options
    Working on it.  Creed at Nucamp is supposed to get back to me with a fix to secure the unit in place.  I also have a question about water drainage.  I'll share what I learn.
  • Options
    The AC unit goes almost as far to the rear as it can before the floor starts curving upward.  I wanted to brace mine so it couldn't slide front to back and also, so it can't bounce up and down.  I have 2x2 braces screwed in through the top bed frame to stop any front/back movement and smaller 1x1s screwed into the 2x2 to stop any up/down motion.  There are round foam seals around the 2 holes cut into the T@B floor and its important they stay in place as the unit is set on top of them.  I checked the hole alignment carefully from the bottom.

Note: this is my solution with no direction from NuCamp provided for illustration only.  I had to tow the trailer again a day after picking it up and wanted the A/C unit stable before driving further.  I wouldn't have known about it except I looked behind the rear cushions to see where to store bedding and found myself looking at a hole to the outside road and a puddle of water inside (I drove in the rain).  I had to do something immediately. I did let NuCamp know.

• Options
    Thats awesome!nucamp just told me they have a fix to keep it in place, waiting to see what it is before i cut a 2x4, but i think the 2x4 idea will probably be better!  
  • Options
    This is the email I received from Creed:

They (assembly foreman) are currently compiling components for this recent issue – there will be a PAP Instructions guide and parts supplied. This should become available next week.

I apologize for not having it today, but it should be available next week.

DRAIN: the unit drains out of the exhaust port – we have seen draining issues when it moves away from the exhaust and becomes blocked. This new kit should fix everything on the unit

• Options
    Other than than the "moving about" issue, the Air8 worked fine.  Takes up lots of space, and is noisy, and a bit complicated.  Kinda wish I didn't have one at all, as I could use the space in the bench for storage.  
  • Options
    They have a fix, here are the instructions and parts list, nucamp is sending the parts to me this week, I'm sure this will work.
  • Options
    lpantherslpanthers Member Posts: 32
    I have the same problem with the 2020 Tab 400 BDL.  Does this fix apply to the Tab 400 BDL as well or is it a more serious sensor issue?  The temps have been in the mid to high 90s for the last 9 days and may get hotter.  Inside temp has reached to 109 degrees.  Quite miserable for the just having the Tab out for her 3rd trip in a year.  My wife is about to go nuts over this issue.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Contact nuCamp Warranty, and get on the Air8 replacement/mod list.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,499
    @Ipanthers - I think the 320s A/C unit shifted and prevented proper venting which resulted in the error code.  The fix (noted above) for the 320 was to stabilize the Air8 unit where it is installed.  I am not familiar with this happening in the 400. 400 owners are reporting cooling problems And you should email your dealer and nuCamp warranty.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    finding_eliasfinding_elias Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2021
    I’ll add to this discussion since I may be the latest person afflicted with this. Brought my camper home. Not even a day old and this happens. Upset to say the least especially after a bad Nucamp experience already. Photos here of being able to see straight out onto my driveway from the inside of the camper by the A/C unit. Why can’t I just have something go right with this purchase?! Frustrated in Phoenix. 

Edited for photo size.  Moderator

Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
    2021 T@B 320S Boondock, 2021 Jeep Gladiator JT
  • Options
    Does your intake and vent look like these do underneath the T@b?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I haven't looked underneath yet. After spending all day at the dealer being told it was fixed...that it was a wire that was disconnected, I still had no cold air AND the temp setting saying 120F. So I took matters into my own hands. I noticed the whole unit was just laying in there just set in there nothing to hold it down at all. The blue strap appear to be doing nothing at all. I lifted it slightly and moved it over so that the unit covered the open hole with mesh. I had noticed when I lifted the seat that the hot exhaust air was blowing into the AC compartment rather than being blow out the bottom. The minute I did that it started to push out nice cold air. There is an L form installed on the floor that is stainless about an inch high that clearly is a barrier to keep the AC unit in its place but it doesn't work at all. I guess any bump in the road and it dislodges and moves. But actually, I think it came like this from the factory and moved in transit. I'm a bit upset that the dealer would tel me it was fine and I brought up the fact that I could see the street from the inside of the camper. That's totally normal I was told. Really? How is is normal for there to be a giant open to the elements with only a bit of mesh to protect it? Makes no sense at all. So I sent them a not so nice message with photos and videos. In one video I'm not so nice because I was so frustrated already. So now I need to know to permanently prevent the unit from moving again. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
  • Options
    Here are some before and after pics. Now...how do people keep this unit from moving around with travel and bumpy roads?? Did I hear there’s a Nucamp part I should request? I’ll install it myself. I’ve lost all hope in the dealer. 

Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
  • Options
    @finding_elias, from your pictures, the aluminum angle screwed to the floor is the solution that NuCamp now uses. I can't tell why it didn't work for you but probably the metal bracket that holds the webbing to the floor pulled loose. This didn't exist when I found the problem and there's a picture toward the front of this post that shows the support I put in.  It consists of wooden bracing attached to the underside of the bed frame front and back forming an 'L' that capures the unit. Thus it can't move forward, backward, up or down.  If you have a couple 2x2s, some 1x scrap you can rip, plus wood screws, you can add this in an hour or so.  Mine hasn't moved at all since - it simply can't, even on the bumpiest road.
  • Options
    How should the blue webbing strap connect to the metal railing?  Does anyone have a picture?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    NuCamp uses a small metal plate the width of the webbing with tabs to either side that screw to the floor.  There is one at the front and one at the back.  The picture below shows the one toward the front of the T@B.  Most of it is under the unit so you'll need to use a bit of imagination to visualize it.  The one on the back can only be seen if you remove the unit.  These units are pretty heavy so if they're subjected to a bounce upward, the force can pull the screws loose.  These black tabs and 4 screws are probably rolling around in the storage area of @finding_elias's T@B.

Notice from @finding_elias's pictures, the blue webbing is to the side of the aluminum angle and thus the webbing doesn't attach to the angle at all but probably still uses the black tabs in the picture below. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Thanks @mntrails @Sharon_is_SAM for your feedback. One of my photos shows where I now have the unit within the silver railings you brought up @mntrails. So it's in there now and appears to be secure. I guess it would take a big jolt now to move it from there but I'd like to then come up with a more permanent fix if that is the formal fix from Nucamp. It just surprises me that the dealer didn't know and didn't respect my opinion when I said that the unit was clearly not in the place it was supposed to be. Basically, the entire unit was placed all the way over to the left compressing some of those vent hoses and literally sitting on top of those silver railings, rendering them not visible to the eye. I only saw them finally when I moved the unit all the way over to the right. The camper is very cold now. I'm going to place a very small spring loaded curtain rod or one of those spring-loaded rods for the RV kitchen cabinets in there to insure that it doesn't move over ever again. Thanks all! (And sorry about my photo sizes...I'll learn how to resize somehow...hope my iPhone does that). 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
  • Options
    @finding_elias - download the app Image Size.  Very easy to use.
  • Options
    Now that I have my batteries between the Air8 and the front of the cabinet, there isn't any room for the Air8 to move.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    That was smart @jkjenn. My lithium battery was installed in the bucket up front. Now I'm worried about theft. Last night someone tried to get in there. I woke to the tub wide open this morning. My cameras caught nothing but I know I didn't leave it open. Nothing stolen but I suspect the perp now knows what's in there. Against my better judgment, I installed a mailbox lock today and will keep it unlocked while traveling and only lock it when absolutely necessary and the propane and the battery are both on the off setting. I debated but waking up to that scary situation made me do it. 
    Elias - Phoenix, Arizona
  • Options
    That stinks. Good that you have a camera.