320 S BD Delay

2»

Comments

• CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    I’m jealous but happy for you folks about to get your tabs. Still zero word on ours except parts issues... 6. months and counting....
    If it's any consolation, we waited 7-plus months for our 320 BD, though our dealer was upfront with us about the extended build cycle.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I have a friend who just ordered another brand of trailer. They were looking at three to four different dealers. Only one seemed to be honest about the turn-around times and was told next March for an order placed this week. The other dealers cited fall dates.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I saw a video where a dealer stated that many manufacturers aren’t even making dealer stock. They’re just focusing solely on customer orders because of the demand (and lack of supplies).
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
    Awesome news! Glad everything finally worked out. 

I also received some good news today. It looks like our dealer will receive the 400 next week. Nucamp finally agreed to send some pics as well...from what I can see in the pics, there are A LOT of 320s and 400s just sitting in their ship yard. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    Our dealer told us of shortages in cushions and windows and spare tire supports. Apparently there is now an option of getting your trailer delivered without cushions but don't quote me on that. We drove by Elkhart, Indiana twice in the past 2 weeks and could not believe the number of campers sitting on the lots. Grand Design seemed packed out. Ads everywhere for pickup drivers along the turnpike. 
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
    Yeah, the cushions were one of a few things we were waiting on as well. Just watched a video where a dealer is no longer price guaranteeing any RV ordered through them as the MSRPs are fluctuating due to parts price increases. It's a crazy time.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    edited May 2021
    Our dealer told us of shortages in cushions . . . 
    Congrats on the new camper.
    As to the cushion shortage, it's a real thing. We're modifying the sleeping area of our 320 and ordered the foam blocks needed weeks ago. The order is still pending because of a nationwide shortage of the foam cushion material. Furniture, beds automobile and apparently RV deliveries are delayed as result. Whodathunk?
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    Glad you got her. Just a note on the cushions ,my t@b 400 bdl delivered 4/29/21 had the cushions mfg on 4/02/21 as per the tag on them. Soooo hang in there all , it will be worth it!"Our build date was 2/21
  • mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
    Got an email in April from a furniture manufacturer we had ordered from, about delays related to foam. They stated that supply impacted by the late winter freeze that took out the Texas refineries and associated petrochemical plants. 
    2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio
  • PeteYPeteY Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2021
    A reply to my earlier comment. After placing our order in September, we finally took delivery this week in Iowa. While our 320 was delivered without the spare tire support, we're thrilled to finally have it. Hope everyone who's been patient is also getting some good news. 

2020 Subaru Outback XT 2021 T@B 320 Boondock Iowa
  • USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 65
    Slippage.  Our T@B 400BD is almost built, waiting for the AC unit, and cushions now.  New projected completion date of "early" June. Ordered placed on 12/22/20.  

Proposing NuCamp's 2021 new add campaign should be, "The trailer that's worth the wait." que Carly Simon, "..anticipation is making me wait." ;)
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Wit with the production delay, and backlog of units waiting for odd bits, nüCamp should have a post production team making a final assessment of each unit, noting what is missing and insuring all systems thst have been installed are done so correctly.  When these units are finally delivered, they will be ready to use, no surprises from a missing or incorrectly installed bit, as was the case previously.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    @Denny16 I agree. When building anything it always seems to be built best when there are no gaps in the process. Once you put it aside because of missing parts or whatever I feel like there’s always a chance of overlooking what you previously worked on and introduce more room for mistakes. 

Supposedly our 400 BD is on its way to the dealer after waiting for cushions and other undisclosed parts. Fingers crossed all is well. Ordered 12/6.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 65
    @Denny16 I am hoping you are right. May the six sigma certification protocol be with them. @manyman297 wish I would have ordered on 12/6 too, lol Hope all goes well with your delivery.
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • CanucktabbyCanucktabby Member Posts: 10
    just got notified by our dealer that our trailer ( tab 320 non boon dock)  SHOULD be finished this week and SHOULD be delivered by first week of June. We ordered November 2020. Crazy wait but I am trying to remain positive. I dont like the shoulds but there isnt much I can do. 
  • RonRon Member Posts: 137
    I was at Tom's Camperland in Mesa a few weeks ago.  They have sold lots of T@Bs in the past.  Zero T@Bs in stock.  I  was told it would be a long wait.  They have many other brands now as well.
    2016 T@B MaxS, 2018 Jeep Rubicon 4dr, Rural Scottsdale, Az.