Options

Automatic air bleeder gets very hot

We have a T@B 320CS and the automatic air bleeder valve gets real hot (150F) when the heating system is on and even when only the water heater is on.  The bed is right above the automatic air bleeder and the heat bleeds through the sofa cushions making it too hot to sleep over the valve.  Also a little concerned that the cushion is getting that hot.  The only fix we've found so far is to turn the system off at night and that causes other problems on very cold nights.  Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    This is actually normal.  I initially had the same concerns regarding the bleeder value igniting the fabric on the underside of the seating cushion and causing total destruction of the trailer.  While I slept.  In a blizzard.  After four years and nine months of ownership - not even a singe on the underside fabric.  PM me if you'd like other things to worry about.  I have a ton.  Ask my therapist.  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Tabaz said:
     PM me if you'd like other things to worry about.  I have a ton.  Ask my therapist.  
    LOL  =)
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    As said the heat is normal. Some sheet aluminum on the bottom of the seat cushion would help reflect heat and also spread it over a larger area. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    As part of repositioning my auto air bleeder for proper operation, I made a little depression in the bottom of the seat cushion frame. It's just enough to provide a little circulation over the cap and keep it from physically contacting the material.

However, I did this primarily to keep the cushion from pushing on the air bleeder--I'm not sure how much it will help with comfort. The entire Alde gets pretty warm when operating and that heat needs to go somewhere. While I doubt anything gets hot enough to be a fire hazard, it will keep that bed cushion pretty toasty!

2015 T@B S

• Options
    Great idea cutting the hole for the bleeder valve Scott.  Will be doing the same to my seat cushion this weekend.  However, I will not use 8 staples to re-install the government-mandated warning label no one ever reads.  As a child, I colored WAY outside the lines.  This prevented a rewarding career in the hard sciences.  However, out of respect for those on this forum, I will use four staples to re-install the warning label:

BTW, I know of one person sent to Florence Prison for nine years after being convicted of removing one of these tags from a mattress. 
  • Options
    Can you imagine what it must be like living with this "ScottG" person?  See below:

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    It's clear that everything he does must be a work of art! 🎨 (Geometrically based)

Tabaz said:
    Can you imagine what it must be like living with this "ScottG" person?  See below:

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Agree Chan - only if his 12 O’ Clock position is oriented to True North.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    The label position suggests that he considers "regulatory authority" to be a 5-minutes-before-the-hour priority. 

Although, there are those staples....
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Chan - so appreciate your noticing that position.  However, I’m still in the process of determining why this “ScottG” person felt the need to include a duplicate warning label under (above ?) the primary warning label.  This may actually be indicative of a communication to the Mother Ship.
  • Options
    Chan - I’m in the process of creating an algorithm to reconcile “ScottG’s” government warning label duplication to Grenich Mean Time (GMT) plus or minus his zodiac Lat/Lons at the time of his birth.  We may be on to something here.
  • Options
    @Tabaz and @ChanW. How wrong you are about the labels--they are in fact different! One provides useful information about the material composition of the cushion, the other assures compliance with what I am certain is a very important consumer regulatory statute in a state on the other side of the continent.

I was going ridicule you two for having nothing better to spend your time on, but after wasting ten minutes enlarging, reviewing, rotating, resizing, and marking up the original photo, I guess that would be disingenuous...  ;-)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited June 2021
    And while I was originally concerned that two of my staples were improperly placed, I realize now it's the line of assessment joining them that is out of spec. Whew. 

2015 T@B S

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If you think I am going to get “sucked” into this  thread? No way.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,678
    I hope to regulator heaven the staples used here follow the National Guidelines for Lead Content. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    @Tabaz
    again, it's pretty clear (if we look closely)....
    and definitely to @ScottG's credit...
    the label does point to the answer to everything...

Tabaz said:
    Chan - I’m in the process of creating an algorithm to reconcile “ScottG’s” government warning label duplication to Grenich Mean Time (GMT) plus or minus his zodiac Lat/Lons at the time of his birth.  We may be on to something here.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Hmmm. We all seem to have slightly different labels. I'm getting a conspiracy vibe here...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    OCD appears in many forms, just saying......
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Perhaps I could use a little less "label and staple" OCD and little more "glycol and bearing" OCD. It took me almost seven years to finally service my Alde and my wheels...  :-/ 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited June 2021
    Going seven years to service the TaB is not OCD, it’s denial Scott.      :bow:
    chees
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    My point exactly.  ;-)

Perhaps compulsion and denial are two sides of the same coin, salt and pepper, ying and yang. You need just the right balance to keep from going off the deep end on either side.

@Tabaz, please convene the Resident Philosophy Committee to contemplate and discuss this.

(With apologies to @rharder --I hope you got your question sufficiently answered!)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 471
    Actually compulsion and avoidance are the most common ways to deal with anxiety. One causes over planning and the other is the cousin of denial. And they may not be that functional but they do keep the anxiety at bay. I am thinking a thread on evidence based therapies could be needed here.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Ah yes, I used to be married to Cleopatra, "queen of denial"..........
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    "Actually compulsion and avoidance are the most common ways to deal with anxiety. One causes over planning and the other is the cousin of denial. And they may not be that functional but they do keep the anxiety at bay. I am thinking a thread on evidence based therapies could be needed here."

Hey, did I call this guy out correctly or not?  He's the founding member of the T@B Resident Philosopher's Committee.  I haven't a clue as to what he just said, but is sure sounds . . . reassuring?
  • Options
    A little shout-out to "rharder" who posted the original inquiry regarding the warm bleeder value.  Hopefully we addressed your concern and resolved the issue.  This is how we role on the forum,  solve the poster's problem, and then look for ways to expand the issue to the entertainment of all.  Please keep posting.
  • Options
    Now it all makes perfect sense! I mitigated my anxiety over the position of the air bleeder by compulsively reengineering the seat cushion!

Or did I just solve a real problem in an elegant, craftsmanlike manner? 

But maybe I should add a few more staples, or at least rearrange them so they are truly perfectly aligned. I wonder if a 3-1/2" hole would have been better. And perhaps it's time to change the battery in the smoke detector. Hmmm, did I even put the battery back in the smoke detector this spring? Tell me again why I take it out in the fall?

Ugh. I guess I'll just do all this stuff tomorrow. Or next year. 
    2015 T@B S