Options

Wait for it......

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats Verna - For someone who never set foot in one, you certainly were one of the most knowledgable - Can't imagine what words of wisdom you will now bestow upon us :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    This was taken before the tub was put on the front, a few weeks ago. Yes, those are red faux leather cushions....LOVE 'EM!

Words of wisdom:

It tows differently than the Silver Shadow-duh, it's 600 lbs more in weight. 

It's a easier to back up than the SS.  A bit longer tongue.

It's hard to put stuff away with it raining outside and can't move the table very far, or can't move it outside. 

It is so nice being able to sit upright instead of slouching. Sunny isn't quite sure about it yet, but she will love it when I get the bed made.

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna, is the upholstery Ultra leather?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    It's the same as the Sofitel, but in red. It's actually a more red than the picture shows. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Ok, you gotta post pics of that red Hoosier Fan interior or we're changing it to hoosier fan (lowercase).
  • Options
    Dang - you posted pics while I was dilly dallying :-)
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Looks great!!  Congratulations and you'll get over the dirt and mud phase. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Congrats.  

Ya know there is a woman moderator on this site that can help you with any factory issues you may have.  I have heard she is very good.  The only problem is, she has owned a T@B for only about 24 hrs so she is not very experienced.  Rumor has it she does not even remember  to use the stabilizers.........but, we love her.  

Congrats again, you will love the rig.
  • Options
    SmallFootprintSmallFootprint Member Posts: 18
    Congrats Verna!  I'd have green and white faux leather cushions though.  :-)  Is it a 2016 T@b?  Which package?  We just brought our 2016 T@b max cs-s home (no Faux but the cushions are nice and full).  Word to the wise - Paha Que does not make a T@b side tent that fits our trailer.  Bought one, put it on, and there are serious gaps on both sides.  The trailer itself is beautiful!  Happy camping!
    Bren & Jenn
    New owners of a 2016 T@b Max CS-S towed by a 2015 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Verna, I am pretty sure the Sofitel uses Ultraleather. I have wondered if I could get LF t make me slip covers out of Ultraleather with custom colors. This might be a "must" for me next year. I can't wait to see how you set it up. Now I am super bummed I am missing Tearstock.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats, Verna - and happy T@B trails for many years to come! It looks CUUTE, inside and out :)
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Congratulations, Verna.  Im sure you will be quite happy with your T@B.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    Jenn, you can come down for a day...maybe, and just visit with all of us. Just an idea. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I slept well on a 4" memory foam twin mattress on top of the cushions. Sunny Day finally figured out that she would love to sleep behind me under the cabinets, so I'm glad she has slept well all night. The A/C has been on low all night due to the high humidity and it's working well--the Fantastic Fan vent is open just a bit. The fridge is very quietly working on A/C. And I gave up trying to put stuff away. I was tired, it was raining and I waited too long to eat last night. 

Oh yeah, we talk about giving "shows" to the neighbors when we're backing in, etc. I backed in the first time, but after surveying the muddy ground around the gravel drive, I pulled out and backed in again. No messing up!

But, when trying to hook up the sewer hoses (yes, I needed all 25' that I bought), I read the instructions to tighten the ends n the hoses. They screw on backwards! So it came off in my hand, and it took forever for me to get it back on! I didn't loose my cool, just kept working it and figured it out. So the neighbors saw a very patient camper, no temper tantrums and all is well. 

I don't mind the blue light from the radio. It's a night light for me. I hated the bright red light from my television 12V cord in the SS, but this blue light is fine with me. Sure, I might tone it down, but, I wanted to see what it looked like first.

I love my screen and blinds and the portal blind -- all are so ingenious!  I need to figure out how to gently put the blinds and screens up and down...practice will make it quieter!

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Verna, I will definitely have to see if I can work that in!

I am glad Sunny Day figured out where to sleep. I made Rocky immensely happy when I figured that he would love to sleep in his throne-like car booster. Sometimes he sleeps in it and sometimes he just curls up next to me.

My sewer hose is only 15'. I have contemplated either a longer one or getting a second one and coupler. I am glad you had the right length!

• Options
    Verna - Backed it in on the first try! - Showoff :-)
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    So happy for you, Verna!!!!!!!
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    SmallFootprintSmallFootprint Member Posts: 18
    We have a 25ft sewer hose too.  I am trying to rig something up in the front compartment to keep it from falling out.  My dogs never have trouble finding a place to sleep...they just hog the bed.  :-)
    Bren & Jenn
    New owners of a 2016 T@b Max CS-S towed by a 2015 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    SmallFootprint ... Two Words - Bungee Balls
    Ball it to the propane tank and the battery box strap :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    RzrBug - Too good:-)
    Patti - You have to post the pics of you in the crate ;-)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

:wink: Thanks for being a good sport, Patti.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Whoooooo hoooooo Verna. Get yur T@B on!!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Within 6 hours of ownership, Verna became the Queen of the T@bs. :)

• Options

@jkjenn, I have the 15' Rhino hose, and I bought the 10' section, too.  Every review said they were the best.  But anyway, the last KOA I stayed at in Arkansas on my way back from Arizona, I saw that the sewer connection was all of the way back at the end of the campsite.  And, the campsite last night was the same way.  15' just won't make it a lot of the times.  I needed about 18' to 19' and the 10' section was definitely needed.  If I hadn't of had it, the T@b might have been in the mud --yuck!

jkjenn said:

Queen of T@Bs???
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna said:

@jkjenn, I have the 15' Rhino hose, and I bought the 10' section, too.  Every review said they were the best.  But anyway, the last KOA I stayed at in Arkansas on my way back from Arizona, I saw that the sewer connection was all of the way back at the end of the campsite.  And, the campsite last night was the same way.  15' just won't make it a lot of the times.  I needed about 18' to 19' and the 10' section was definitely needed.  If I hadn't of had it, the T@b might have been in the mud --yuck!

jkjenn said:

Queen of T@Bs???

Thanks, Verna. I have the Rhino Flex, too. I will plan on picking up a 10‘ piece.

• Options
    I've only been at one campground that had sewer hook ups. For dump stations, I've found the 15 footer is more than enough. I don't do very long stays so I'm not sure I'd go to the trouble of hooking to sewer for a day or two.
  • Options
    Well, the sewer hoses are the one thing that I'm just a bit intimidated by.  The Double Doodie bags on my Travel Toilet were easy, so I just have to make the use of the black and gray tanks easy to
    use. I'll being one campground for two weeks, so I know I'll get used to the dump station.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - I was a little worried about the dump station thingy but it's turned out to be no biggy. After a couple times you'll have it down pat. Try to do it at a less busy campground the first couple of times though - nothin like having five people waitin on ya to make ya nervous when your still getting the hang of it.
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - I was a little worried about the dump station thingy but it's turned out to be no biggy. After a couple times you'll have it down pat. Try to do it at a less busy campground the first couple of times though - nothin like having five people waitin on ya to make ya nervous when your still getting the hang of it.
    The good news is that our tanks are so much smaller that even if we are slow it still doesn't take much time.