Options

Need Basic Information on Using Alde System

I have a 2017 TAB 320s that I was never properly instructed on how to use it by the dealer.  Now the dealer is out of business. Wondering if anyone can answer the following questions for me (we have never used the heat):

Potable Water and Alde System

• Best way to fill potable tank?  Bad angle for a hose or funnel.

• Does it hold 11 gallons?

• Should the potable tank be filled with water to use the Alde system even when hooked to city water?

• Why does water sometimes drip from underneath along the side of the camper?

• When do you need the water pump on?  Just dry camping or anytime you are use Alde?

• Where is the water heater switch?

• Is there anything under the sink that we should know about?

• Where is the glycol tank?  

• Always use propane even if you are plugged in?

• Can you provide a video or guide to step by step on the Alde Panel options?

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,701
     You can find funnels with long "tails" that will press down into the filler hole.
     Yes, my 2017 is listed at 11 gallons.
    If you mean while filling with a funnel, I don't know.  Mine does the same thing.  Water runs down the lower Keder rail.
    On city water:  your water system functions just like your house.  Just turn on the faucet.  You need the pump on when you are not on city water, and you need to draw water from the fresh water tank. The Alde does not need the Tab's pump on to work.
    The "water heater" is all part of the Alde system.  The control panel for the Alde handles all the Alde functions.
    Your glycol tank is cleverly hidden in the back driver's side of the trailer, behind a slide out panel. 
    "Propane" is used for the stove, and for the 3 way fridge.  If you are plugged in the Alde can use either. My propane tank is usually "on" in the campsite.
    Here is a link to the Alde manual.  The 2017 uses the  Alde 3010.
    Here is a thread that describes the locations of the glycol expansion tank.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    @pjoyner
    1.  If filling from a jug, use a 6 ft siphon hose. 

Or if filling using a hose:  

The fold out fill cap is tedious and often comes out, so many of us have replaced it with this:  

2.  The 2017 fresh water tank is 11 gallons, grey tank 19 gallons, black tank 8-8.5 gallons.  The only way to maximize these inputs for the fresh and gray tanks is to tilt the TaB head tongue up.

3.  When hooked to city water you do not use the fresh water tank or water pump.  The flow from the city water provides enough pressure to fill the plumbing lines as long as the water spigot remains turned on.  It is easy to fill the Alde water tank when on city water.  Just open a hot water faucet.  Cold water will then enter and fill the Alde water tank.  When the faucet stops sputtering and flows free of air, then the tank is filled.

4.  Glycol tank location:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/10140/alde-glycol-expansion-tank-locations-for-the-tab-320-clamshell-and-400-models

5.  Regarding propane use - if you have a 30 amp electric hook up, depending on the temperature and how fast you want to heat the cabin, you can use only electric or both electric and propane.  If you turn on electric and propane and the cabin temperature is below the thermostat, the Alde will use both until the set temp is reached at which point the LPG will cut out.  When the cabin temp drops a couple degrees, the LPG will kick back on.  If you are at home and only plugged into a 15 amp circuit, you may be limited to heating with 1 electric circuit, so LPG will help.  

6.  There are multiple Alde You Tube videos.  You want the 3010 model videos.  Here is the forum resource page for all things Alde:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7722/alde-manuals-and-resources#latest 

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pjoynerpjoyner Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much for the time to answer my questions!  As well as the links to helpful resources.  This forum is the best!