Options

Best Sewer hose system for travel trailer

Bought a camco rhinoflex hose set but have not used it.  Lots of reviews talk about leaks at the swivel connections.  Anyone have experience with that hose?  Will be testing it soon with clean water on my new TT, but wonder if there is a better hose set.  Need to buy an extension, but don't want to get Rhinoflex if it is POC.

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    We have a cameo rhionflex hose set and have found it to be very durable. I had one unfortunate experience attaching the hose to the sewer outlet on the trailer and had it leak when the black tank valve was opened. My wife had warned me she didn't think it was on properly but it looked to me like the pins were fully seated in the notches. Turned out one was not. User error. In the future I will test the connection by briefly opening the gray tank valve first to check for leaks.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I have used mine a few times, no issues.  
    I am going to get the extension.  I found that parking in some rv resort spots meant for big rigs that the sewer outlet can be pretty far away.
    I really like the blue zero g hose for water.
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    If you don't already have one, I highly recommend the "Camco 39736 RhinoFLEX Elbow and 4-in-1 Adapter with Swivel Bayonet Fitting". I'm brand new to using the black tank and this is bomb-proof. I keep this attachment on my RhinoFLEX hose, so all I have to do is is position the Elbow end of the hose in the sewage outlet (make sure it is weighted down), hook up the hose to the blank tank outlet and then open the valve gate.  I've never had any spillage. I also used the elbow at an RV park that had a simple 4" sewage inlet pipe. 
    NOTE: I've found that if I attach the pipe to the trailer first, that sometimes there is a twist in the hose, so that's why I position the elbow first.
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    If you don't already have one, I highly recommend the "Camco 39736 RhinoFLEX Elbow and 4-in-1 Adapter with Swivel Bayonet Fitting". I'm brand new to using the black tank and this is bomb-proof. I keep this attachment on my RhinoFLEX hose, so all I have to do is is position the Elbow end of the hose in the sewage outlet (make sure it is weighted down), hook up the hose to the blank tank outlet and then open the valve gate.  I've never had any spillage. I also used the elbow at an RV park that had a simple 4" sewage inlet pipe. 
    NOTE: I've found that if I attach the pipe to the trailer first, that sometimes there is a twist in the hose, so that's why I position the elbow first.
    Our Rhino hose has this clear elbow on the end, I think maybe all (or most) of the newer versions do? We bought ours in 2019 with free money. Okay, sort of free money.

Anyway, the hose works great and stores in the tube on our 2020 400 BDL.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @Sunnyskies - pay attention to the instructions for assembly.  I seem to remember that you need to turn the hose one way and the connector the other way.  We have used ours for 4 years without leaks.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited June 2021
    @Sunnyskies, I recall reviews like those you read.  They were old reviews, so check the dates.  Camco redesigned the Rhino Flex and fixed the issue.  I have had no issues with mine (purchased a couple years ago.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    SunnyskiesSunnyskies Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for your input!  I will let you know how it goes.  My set came with the clear elbow.  Is there a special adaptor needed to attach extension hose?
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited June 2021
    @Sunnyskies, the extension hose should have an identical male fitting on one end and female connector on the other.  This will allow you to easily connect an extension hose (sewer hoses usually have generic connections, so you should even be able to connect different brand hoses.) 
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    SunnyskiesSunnyskies Member Posts: 5