What build times are you seeing on your camper orders?

Ordered a Tab 400 in mid-February 2021, with a projected arrival date to the dealer the second week of May. I am able to drive my dealer a couple of times a week and he has not had a Tab 400 on his lot since we ordered ours. Supposedly the camper was completed on May 3rd is waiting cushions, two weeks ago it was waiting on cushions and a front window shade. So I am wondering are we looking at a 6 month, 8 month or longer delay for delivery? I have read several older posts from Sept.- Nov. of 2020 with 320 builds going 6 months or longer. 

Any input from owners who have received a camper this year would be greatly appreciated.   

Comments

• DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 57
    I ordered a 320S mid-May and was told it would be September. Last week I called the dealership to ask about changes for the 2022 model and they told me I should expect it to be delivered late August. 
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    We ordered our 400 in December with an expected delivery of early March. Ultimately it was finished in early April but was awaiting cushions (and this was true because the manufacture date on our bed cushions were mid April) and a couple of other parts. We finally took delivery of it in late May. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • SpudLimeSpudLime Member Posts: 4
    Ordered 320S BD mid april.  1st week of sept for a 2022 delivery was what i was told.
  • CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    We ordered our T@B 320 S Boondock in July 2020 and took delivery in April 2021. It was shipped without the Yakima racks, which nuCamp made available to our dealer for post-delivery installation just this week.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I interviewed PJ from Princess Craft for my last video and she really gave a lot of detail about the delays the industry is facing, in particular she explained why there has been a delay on cushions, which goes back to snowmageddon in Texas this year.

PJ really understands the industry and was really interesting to interview.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• CCTab_400CCTab_400 Member Posts: 15
    @jkjenn, do you have a link to that interview?
    @CharlieRN

That is a long time to wait, hope everything is going well for you. 
    Talked with the dealer today, he was telling us they have not received a Tab 400 since early March. They have no idea when NuCamp will get parts that maybe missing. NuCamp is not giving them any information as to what the delays are. Really disappointed in NuCamp's lack of information, everyone says how great they are, but I am losing faith in them.
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    We ordered out T@B 400 on February 11 and were told June 28. So technically, ours is "only" 3 weeks late so far. Princess Craft has been fairly straight with us on expectations from the beginning.

@CCTab_400 , if you ordered after us in mid-February, I don't know how your dealer could have quoted you the second week of May with a straight face. At that point, the queue was already known to be at the end of June, and that was before the freeze shut down the upholstery foam plants and the supply chain went wonky.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Seems apparent that between the Plandemic,  Snowmegeddon and other factors, the supply chain for non-essentials like RV's has more than one weak link. It's going to take quite some time to clear the backlog, retool, and rehire qualified labor. 

And to @CJax point, I'd not take a dealers word for much at this stage of the deal. 

No doubt a trying time for one's patience. Wishing all those awaiting delivery the best! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 65
    Take a look at the interview from @jkjenn . She interviews PJ from princess craft about the state of the RV industry regarding parts and delivery delays.  I was floored when PJ said that they have 16 RV's she could sell you on the Princess lot TODAY ( I doubt any are T@G's or T@B's, sorry).  Keep in mind that normally she has about 300 units. Youtube Link  By the way, it was about 7 months to get ours from order date.
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
    I heard Lindsey say it was even less on their FB live last week...I think less than 10.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

I have watched the interview that @jkjenn had with PJ, very well done. I have also talked with the sales team at Princess Craft. If they weren't 1,500 miles from my house I would consider buying from them. I have priced a 2022 with Princess Craft though. I am worried that I would not be able to get warranty work done unless I took it back to them. 
    CCTab_400 said:
    I have watched the interview that @jkjenn had with PJ, very well done. I have also talked with the sales team at Princess Craft. If they weren't 1,500 miles from my house I would consider buying from them. I have priced a 2022 with Princess Craft though. I am worried that I would not be able to get warranty work done unless I took it back to them. 
    Thanks.

I have always been impressed with PJ and the team at Princess Craft. She really knows the product and the RV business and they seem very interested in treating customers right.

Not sure where you are located, but Hamilton Whaley at Mark Wahlberg RV in Columbus,OH is another great T@b sales person. He also knows the product well and is a stand-up guy.

• BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 261
    We ordered our 400 BD from Princess Craft in late Nov 2020 and it was delivered in early Apr 2021.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Our 400 BD order 11 Jan and stood in it 19 April at Pete's RV in MA, we then had many weeks for the dealer prep due to the RV sales boom and registration processes to drive it home 4 June
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
    @TABNewbies, that’s a long wait for prep time. Glad you are able to enjoy it now. 
    Did anyone order a Tab 320 in April/May/June and what did your dealership tell you to expect for delivery time? I see a lot of comments in here about the 400, but those could be on a different timeframe from the 320. 
  • renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    We ordered our 320 CSS mid May (Happy Valley, OR) and were told likely early September. Recently they said it is the next 320 CSS to be delivered but can't imagine that makes a diff either way.
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • AstroTABAstroTAB Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2021
    We ordered our Tab400 in January 2021 (in Canada). We were originally told May, but have yet to receive our unit now at the end of July. We were told our unit is complete but that it was also waiting on some additions, like cushions etc. There is only one dealership that carries NuCamp near us and when we ordered there were no used units available. We are trying to be patient but also can't wait to receive it! For now, its just reading content on the forum to learn everything we can until the exciting day arrives! :)
    Ashley & Trevor | 2021 T@B 400 | Toyota Highlander | Niagara, Ontario | @AstroBackyard
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    There is a small teardrop manufacturer in Cottonwood Arizona.  He is booked up until March 2022.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 445
    Just bought a T@B 320 S BD off a dealer lot. Before that we were considering ordering a Scamp... until I talked to them and found out they have a 24 month backlog.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Charlie_FYFMCharlie_FYFM Member Posts: 23
    Did anyone order a Tab 320 in April/May/June and what did your dealership tell you to expect for delivery time? I see a lot of comments in here about the 400, but those could be on a different timeframe from the 320. 
    Yes we did.  We ordered a 2022 Tab 320S from PrincessCraft and were told it would be manufactured on Aug 30th for delivery mid to late Sept.  I recently called to check up on it and was told Nucamp was running 2-3 weeks behind. 
  • renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    @Charlie_FYFM When did you put in your order?
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    @Charlie_FYFM PrincessCraft has been telling us 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks for a while now. Our 21 had a June build date, now over a month late. I wouldn't think anybody will be seeing 22s until the 21s are finished...
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
    Yes we did.  We ordered a 2022 Tab 320S from PrincessCraft and were told it would be manufactured on Aug 30th for delivery mid to late Sept.  I recently called to check up on it and was told Nucamp was running 2-3 weeks behind. 
    I was hopeful for better news. Really wanted to get in some camping in the Rockies this year. Based on this I probably won't get mine until October and will just have to winterize it and let my brand new camper sit until next year and lose half a year of warranty. Maybe I should just cancel and order December to get one spring of 2022...
    I know Windish received some new campers last week. They looked like 400’s but I couldn’t tell from the highway. Nucamp does seem to be able to get 320’s out more frequently. 

But I will give it a few more weeks, I have a deadline in mid August for our trip to Glacier. If it is not received by then, I will have to cancel and reorder. Probably place that order in September for an 8 month build time line. I didn’t think about losing some of the warranty. That is a good point. 

Guess who arrived today? 23 weeks for order to delivery for me. Looking forward to meeting fellow T@b owners soon. 
  • USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 65
    @CCTab_400 congrats!
    2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Charlie_FYFMCharlie_FYFM Member Posts: 23
    CJax said:
    @Charlie_FYFM PrincessCraft has been telling us 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks for a while now. Our 21 had a June build date, now over a month late. I wouldn't think anybody will be seeing 22s until the 21s are finished...
    It sounds like Nucamp has a bunch of semi-built Tabs sitting outside for a while now waiting for parts (especially cushions).  I don't think anyone really knows when your particular unit will be delivered because Nucamp is at the mercy of the suppliers.  Example... my wife's Vespa has been at the dealership waiting on a recalled fuel pump for 3 months.  The dealership has no idea when it will arrive and they can't get anyone from Vespa to answer the phone.  So I called Vespa in NYC yesterday.  Now the fuel pump is being delivered next Wednesday.  Squeaky wheel?  Maybe.  The normal, automatic processes have broken down.  Things just don't show up as usual.  It seems extra effort is required to make it happen.  I just hope I don't get one of those 2021 Tabs that have been sitting outside for months.