How to pack and transport Andersen levelers, "lego" blocks, and wheel chocks?

I purchased my trailer used from a private party and they included a set of Andersen levelers as well as the "lego" blocks for the stabilizers.  They had these items in a large plastic tote, which they carried in their pickup truck.  That doesn't really work for me, and I recently noticed that, when purchased new, these items come in a zippered bag--that would be perfect, but I can't really seem to find the right bags online.

How do you pack and transport your levelers and blocks?  Thanks!!
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I started out with 8 Legos, and then I needed 9 for my camp host spot, so I had to purchase the new packet with 10 Legos. The only way the 18 fit in my truck without purchasing something new was to store them in a standard size milk crate. It worked, but now I have the additional two AllPro Adventures Diamond plate tubs on the front platform and the Legos go into the “sewer” accessory tub. 

If I were to look for a suitable zippered case, I would check using the name of “Bucket Boss” a name well known with tradesmen. Heavy canvas, great quality zippers. No, I have not looked for any. If Bucket Boss doesn’t have a suitable canvas carrying case, keep looking for a canvas bag with a heavy duty zipper. In fact, a zippered tool bag in the tool section of the big box stores might yield a bag that is large enough and good enough quality. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @Verna -- I can't wait to get some additional tubs for the front!  Thanks for the other ideas!

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    We carry the legos under the passenger bench near the entry door.  They are rarely needed, but accessible if necessary.  We have a Sterlite drawer unit in the back of the minivan that holds the Anderson.  Our chocks fit in a milk crate (the chock box) with frequently used items like the stabilizer drill, mallet, stakes, cleaning rags, the footplate and jack post wheel.  

I need to check out Bucket Boss.  Looking for a better way to manage the Brahma lock.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @Sharon_is_SAM -- I have a boondock model and generally need the lego blocks every time!  Thanks for your ideas!

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Mine came with a duffle like bag and a diagram to pack them all in there. Store the bag in back of pickup.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,604
    The "boondock" rack gives many different options for storage on each side of the propane tub.  Before the aluminum storage boxes became the new hotness there were plenty off good, solid, inexpensive options. One thread: https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7421/platform-storage-box-advice
    Rubbermaid Action Packers were also mentioned many times.
    "Action packer" search:

Extra storage on the tongue will just swallow all the legos, hoses, cords, chocks and make them easy to find when you need them.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    @pthomas745 -- I love Action Packers, thanks.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    The Anderson Levelers fit perfectly over the passenger side wheel well under the bench seat. I just bought stabilizer pads, so for now they’re in the TV.

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart, I absolutely love your “hold up tree limb”👍
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Homebodyatheart -- brilliant solution to the Andersen levers, thanks!  Can you post the plans for the support for that lid?  Would that work for the exterior access to the under-bed storage?   =)  LOL!!!!  I am totally stealing that idea!!

@PNWtabber, I have a dowel rod with cane rubber feet or chair leg rubber feet on each end. It works well, but I love @Homebodyatheart’s idea!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 261
    I just store my stabilizer blocks, wheel chocks, and Andersen leveler loose (but organized) in the outside storage compartment. Most of the time I find that storage bags aren’t worth the hassle.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @PNWtabber first, start with a mature apple tree. When the snow melts, prune carefully and save “the perfect” branch. Be in too much of a hurry to bother sanding the nubs off. Besides, they add character! Angle cut each end, measure twice cut once, and as luck had it I got it right without all that fuss! And voila! You now have a custom one of a kind bench seat holder upper! Aren’t ‘cha glad you asked?  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We have a small storage box from Walmart on the tongue for most of our setup stuff..

Chocks go in there too.
    This is an old photo - we have since replaced the old yellow magnetic antenna balls backup guides with a backup camera & monitor.
    More info here (inspired by @TerryV6) ..
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/5844/small-carry-box-located-in-front-of-tub/p2
    (scroll down)
    We keep extra wood blocks inside if needed.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Very accessible @BrianZ.  Easier than having to go under the bench to retrieve for leveling.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @BrianZ -- looks like this is possibly the best route to go for accessibility and freeing up interior storage. Now to find the perfect storage box(es)!  I tried putting our Action Packers on the front platform (I have a boondock), but only the small size fits without extending past the platform.

• BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 261
    Try rectangular 6-gallon milk crates. They fit both sides of the platform well. Not waterproof, but then most of the items we need to store don’t care. Bolt the bottom one down, stack one or two on top, strap them down, and you’re good to go.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX