Options

TAB 400 BD 2021 Foam Handle and grey handle for grey tank!

Hi tabbers! 
I need to replaced 2 things ...
1- Grab foam handle for front door.
2- Grey handle for grey water tank.

I  would like to know if it’s standard or I have to go through NUCAMP!!! I think it would be cheaper if I can buy it on Amazon...no rv dealer near by where I live!! 
Thanks for your help! 
Harold

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    In order to have warranty items replaced during the first owner’s first year, you need to go through your dealer for them to ask for a warranty claim. 

If you are not asking for a warranty claim, you still need to contact your dealer (or another cooperative dealer such as Missouri Teardrop Trailers) for them to order the item for you and you can install the pieces. 

You can also choose to fix it yourself from whatever source you choose. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,211
    In regards to the foam I would almost venture to guess that it is similar to the foam pipe insulation you get at home centers. Those are split and have adhesive to seal the tube around the pipe. Just not sure what size you’d need and how visible that seam is (you could always hide it by facing that side in towards the camper).
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,472
    I've never had a foam grip on anything that lasted for more than a hot minute before splitting. My vote would be to toss it since it doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose. YMMV.

My dump valve handle broke two years ago. I got few suggestions in this discussion but confess I've yet to replace it as half a handle seems to work just as good as whole handle. Again, YMMV. 

Regardless, I agree you can probably source these parts yourself much cheaper and easier than purchasing them through a dealer.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HaroloHarolo Member Posts: 30
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2021
    With regards to the gray tank dump valve. The handle unscrews from the shaft. I think this is what you need. Bristol 66IHANDLE Waste Valve Extension Rod Handle

I took a bad one apart to check and it looks the same.

2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 473
    edited September 2021
    @Harolo concerning the tank handle mine also broke and was a half handle. Get a metal one and you can paint it if you like. They all seem to have the same thread.

This one works for my 400

Valterra T1003-6MNVP Bladex Carded Metal Valve Handle

Price:$9.49  FREE Returns

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab