Options

Tips and tricks on drinking beer while camping!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    edited September 2021
    I agree that it is nothing to be concerned about if you don't flaunt your drinking. I would say most people are drinking at their sites but if your idea of camping looks more like a tailgate party then you could have problems. If they did allow drinking I could see the whole campground turning into a big party.
    We had some issues with local municipal parks being turned into party spots a couple of years ago. People from out of town were chartering buses to come in and party at local parks. They would bring DJ equipment and some even brought their own sofas and lazy boys to lounge in. And of course most left all of their trash and furniture behind at the end of the day. They had to create all sorts of new laws and keep police posted to get a handle on it. I suspect a scene like that is what they are trying to avoid with not allowing alcohol in state park campgrounds.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    You can have alcohol in camp sites at most WA state campgrounds... but there is a clarification that states:
    (5) Dispensing alcoholic beverages from containers larger than two gallons is prohibited in state park areas :nuh_uh: 
    Not sure I have room in my T@b for a 2 gallon container of anything!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    2Cougs said:
    You can have alcohol in camp sites at most WA state campgrounds... but there is a clarification that states:
    (5) Dispensing alcoholic beverages from containers larger than two gallons is prohibited in state park areas :nuh_uh: 
    Not sure I have room in my T@b for a 2 gallon container of anything!

Darn...no keggers.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    New York State campgrounds have a similar anti-kegger rule.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    NC state parks are all posted "no alcohol", fortunately for me as I have gotten older I rarely have any desire for alcohol anymore. If I do, it is typically one or two beers and I want something decent, none of the stuff that I drank like water when I was younger. I had my share, and probably a few others share too. People still consume it in NC state parks and it doesn't bother me as long as they are respectful of others as mentioned by several people above.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    Protip:
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    "Virginia state law permits alcohol use only in private areas (inside a cabin or camping unit) or in areas designated on permits..".  I wonder if "camping unit" is intentionally vague - would that be our trailer, or could it be our campsite?  Regardless, I've never been asked what I'm drinking while sitting at our campsite picnic table.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods