Blow out question

When you blow out the TaB plumbing, do you have the Alde tank drain and low point drains closed?  I ask because the Nautilus instructions indicate to leave them open until after the blow out.  Seems like you would divert air flow.
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    I don't have the Nautilus, but I leave all the valves/faucets/showers closed and open then close them one by one.  I open the low point and Alde tank valves last.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    edited October 2021
    I believe you want the air to blow out any water through the low point drains so these lines are clear. The rest of the lines will be filled with AF. Notice the Nautilus procedure doesn't mention allowing AF to run through the low point drains. I assume this is because you have already blown them out.
    My confusion is the last step (P2.5 manual) that states to "Disconnect garden hose from "CITY WATER"
    inlet". There is no hose connected to the "CITY WATER" at this point in the procedure so I assume this is a typo and should say remove the hose from the "WINTERIZE" connection.

2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @Da_Birds - opening up a faucet should allow the water to exit the faucet.  Sounds reasonable that leaving the low point drains open will allow residual water to exit.  I guess I am just used to opening only 1 outlet at a time.  I suppose if you have enough airflow you can leave the low point drain open while blowing. 

Regarding the final step, I agree that is a typo.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio