Options

Thinking of re-upholstering Dinette Cushions

I have a 2022 400 on order and this time I wasn't  able to select the color fabric for the dinette cushions since they are no longer fabric.  Sight unseen, I'm not really liking the color/look of the cushions in photos. I could change my mind once I see them, but has anyone reupholstered the dinette cushions? I don't sew anymore plus upholstery fabric takes special sewing machine, so I will take to a professional. Just wondering if anyone has done this. Did it turn out good? Pics? Suggestions? 

Comments

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    I made covers for the dinette seat back cushions. I didn’t want to take the original upholstery off the cushions so I made covers that slip on and put  a Velcro tab on the backside that keeps the covers on. The covers were made so they fit rather snugly over the cushions. I plan to do the same thing for the seat cushions in the spring. I want to cover them in something more liquid resistant. 
    Mary
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    @TabbyShack - so are the 2022 400 cushions a faux leather?  If so, just have slip covers made like xdr.  We had our bench seat cushions slip covered several years ago in a washable denim.  I can dye them if they fade out too much.  I believe other owners have used Sunbrella fabric.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon and Mary.  Good idea on the slip covers. I was thinking covers with a zipper but that would be much harder to make. I'm definitely not going to remove the existing covering which I believe is a faux leather.  I don't have any pets in there so fabric is fine for me.  I will check out the Sunbrella fabric. I had the brown back cushions in my 2019 and that would have looked so nice with the new faux wood floors.  
  • Options
    KimballKimball Member Posts: 6
    Sailrite Company has a wonderful tutorial for cushion reupholstery.
    sailrite.com