Options

T@b security: what do you do?

vitovito Member Posts: 181
When I picked up my new T@b two weeks ago, the dealer technician urged me to buy a lock for the tongue of the trailer (I may not have the terminology right, but I am talking about the piece that goes over and clamps down on the ball of the hitch). It made sense to lock that part down so that when parked or stored someone else with a hitch and 2" ball could not just drive up and tow the T@b away. When I mentioned getting a wheel lock he said he never heard about anyone doing that (this was at a very large RV dealer and I did not see a single wheel lock in the store). But he also did not mention specifically getting a locking pin for the hitch on my TV. It has since occurred to me that when hitched up, without a locking hitch pin someone could easily remove the non-locking pin, slide the hitch off my TV and attach it to his vehicle and off he goes with my T@b. My wife thinks I am paranoid but I think I will buy a locking hitch pin (not sure which one I need, the 1/2 inch or 5/8's inch size) and possibly a wheel lock as well in addition to the locking pin I already have on the tongue. I notice that the compartment with the battery and the propane tank closes but cannot be locked is also vulnerable to theft, but I guess installing a lock on that compartment would be going a bit overboard. What do you do to secure your T@b?
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments