2021 T@B 400: Allpro or Isabella Awning?

Is the price difference worth the quality difference? Pros/Cons of each...?

Cheers,
C
2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
veni, vidi, bibi capulus

Comments

• CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2021
    We purchased the Allpro for our 320. We are happy with the quality.

What decided it for us was that parts for the Allpro are in stock in Ohio. Anything you may need in the future for the Isabella has to be ordered from the UK (according to Elton at Apllpro). 

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    We went to uCamp and it was windy for most of the time, I was doing the “setup/then takedown when it got too windy routine” with our Pahaque awning as I watched our neighbors (2021 400 BD) with an Isabella not be effected by the same conditions.  After much thought we opted for the Isabella ($$$$)and it arrived a couple of days ago and we are very pleased.  The decision point for us was the additional supports with the Isabella.
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I cannot speak for the AllPro, but we have the Isabella awning and are very happy with it.  The Isabella has 2X the number of cross braces, and its all-aluminum frame and thick canvas material makes it very sturdy, and you can take all the slack out of the fabric.  Initially it is a bit of a learning curve setting it up, but it goes smoothly in under 10 minutes with two people.  I can also put it up by myself.  We have the Boondock version, and I’m 5’ 11” and cannot reach the peak height without a small step stool for attaching the cross braces in the peak middle part.  Again, I don’t know about the Allpro, but if I had to do it again, I would pick the Isabella.  We’ve had several people ask if the awning came with the camper since it matches the profile of the camper exactly.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    In 2019 at üCamp19, a freak 50 mph straight line wind came across the campground. All west facing awnings, visors, etc., were tossed over the campers and some had broken poles. EXCEPT an Isabella awning I helped assemble on a 400. Not because I helped assemble it, but because of the superior quality of the Isabella. It was also at the furthest west end of the campground, receiving the wind first. After witnessing how the Isabella stood up, I bought one. I (with help for the first time) installed the Isabella at üCamp21 and it is great!  It stayed up with no problems for the rest of the week, and thankfully we did not endure any 50 mph winds. 

The Isabella is worth the extra money. While I have never installed an All Pro Awning, I have installed a PahaQue awning and the Isabella is easier to assemble and keep up. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    +1 on the Isabella. No experience with the All Pro, so not a comparison, but the Isabella is very nice...and was my Grandma's name, so it has that going for it as well!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    Thanks all. I appreciate all the input. It seems as if I can't go wrong with either, but that the Isabella has strong support (literally and figuratively)...

I do appreciate @CrabTab 's comment about spare parts. But in honor of @ChrisFix 's Grandma, I have to go with Isabella!

Cheers and Thanks!
    C
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited July 2021
    We have a Pahaque awning and the quality and support are both kinda meh.
    Is Allproadventures the only site to buy the Isabella awning in the US? Does this awning ever go on sale by chance?
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @rhyno, I caught a 10% off sale last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas. That was the only sale I have seen. I had also purchased the Isabella for my former 400 in that sales timeframe the previous year. Keep checking on their website as the sales don’t last long. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    @rhyno I just pulled the trigger as demand is high and allpro has been out of stock on both awnings a few times that I've checked; I was afraid if I waited for a sale, they'd be out of stock again...

Cheers,
    C
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    @rhyno you can buy direct from Elwell, the US distributor. I got a quote from them, but shipping from Washington State negated any savings over buying from AllPro, so I bought from AllPro.
  • Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I just wanted to share with you our experience with our Allpro awning on our 2020 Tab 400 BDL. Due to weather, we were not able to take it down before a very heavy wind last night. I did add 3 tie outs to the outer bar, but it survived 35 to 55 mph winds all night long without a mark on it. To say that we are pleased with the quality, durability, and craftsmanship of their awning would be an understatement. 

Allpro makes something that is worthy to consider if you are looking for an awning for your Tab. They are expensive, but nothing I know of would have ever survived a direct wind straight to the side of the camper for 9 hours. The wind finally went down this morning so we could take it down.

In addition, a shout out to NuCamp too. That Keeder Rail is installed very solid also!

The only "casualty" (if you will) is very poor sleep due to the noise and concern if it would survive.

Brad

2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC