Options

Viewing the TaB Rear end while towing

Retired2TravisRetired2Travis Member Posts: 4
edited June 2022 in Trailer & Towing
Does anyone have any ideas or tricks for finding the end of the T@b 400 while towing. We are new at this and trying to adjust to the size behind us. Thought it would be easier with some kind of marker.

(Title edited to improve a search.  Moderator)

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited June 2022
    Open the window shades (should not be pulled down anyway whilst towing) and you can see through the front window and out the back window through your rear view mirror.  I use side mirrors to see the trailer and its rear end, whilst making a turn.
    The trailer adds 18-feet to your vehicle total length.  Just be aware of this when turning corners and go wide a little to get the trailer to clear.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Yes open the front and rear shades and it gives you a decent view behind you. I only discovered this by accident this year when dealer left them down when I picked up my new 400. What a difference and I've been towing blind for four years with my 2019. 
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 208
    Construction vehicles often feature a pair of 1.3 SF orange safety flags bolted or ziptied at rear to project four or six inches to each side.  Aids operator with assessing clearance at rear via side mirrors. 

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    The flags are normally used for wide load rigs, when transporting large construction equipment.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    I put a Garmin back-up camera on my 320. It displays on my Garmin RV GPS. It allows you to calibrate all the guide lines on the display. I laid out 2x4s on the floor of my garage to set the T@Bs width and rear on the display.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We have towed trailers for years and never felt a need to see directly behind the trailer when going down the road.  The side mirrors have always been adequate.  Better to keep eyes on what's in front.

Now if you are backing up, and by yourself, that's another story.  I get out often to take a look, and watch those tree branches up high.

Douglas

Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona