Trash liner for small door trash can

I had been using Walmart bags as liners for the door mounted trash can on my 2022 T@B 400 which was just OK, but stumbled across these.  I had purchased a roll of clear produce bags a couple of years ago for putting in veggies from our CSA and we just happened to try it in the trash can, it is a really nice fit!  When bottomed out it is about 3" taller than the can.  The exact one I purchased in 2020 is no longer available, but it is a 12"x20" produce bag similar to this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Clear-Produce-Food-Storage/dp/B01NBB966W/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=12"x20"+produce&qid=1659490666&sr=8-6&th=1

It would be nice if you couldn't see the crap in there, but it is kind of non-clear to take the edge off.

Hangs over a little (you can do the magnet mod in another thread) but it stays put pretty good without too much plastic protruding.

2022 T@B 400 Boondock
2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
South Jersey

Comments

• rh5555rh5555 Member Posts: 484
    @subkron: Are these thick enough not to tear when filled with garbage?  Amazon site indicates they're like produce bags at grocery stores.  Those seem a little thin to me.
    Roger and Sue Hill | 2020 T@B400 Boondock (Cryst@bel) | 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 - P400 | San Juan Island, WA
  • subkronsubkron Member Posts: 143
    The ones I originally purchased were much better than those standard ones, I had paid 11.99 for 350 and do not tear thru. I think you may need to try some, basically, if you go with 12"x20" that should at least fit. Maybe scan the reviews for comments and/or comparisons with th supermarket ones. 
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    If they turn out to be too light, double them and you still have plenty for the money.

Doug
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
    Related to this is my question, can you remove the door trash can?  If so, how? I’ve tried pulling it up but don’t want to break anything with the force I’ve so far used without it coming out.

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
    TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    edited August 2022
    Hoogie69 said:
    Related to this is my question, can you remove the door trash can?  If so, how?
    If I remember right, there's a pin on either side that the lid rotates on. I think that squeezing in on either side will release it. Then you lift up to remove.
    I went to an extreme to get rid of mine.  =)
    before and after ....

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler