Considering a 2023 T@b 320 S standard

Hello,
New to the forum here. We are looking at purchasing a 2023 T@b 320 S (standard, non-boondock), and are very excited to become part of theT@b community. We will be downsizing from a 28' Keystone Cougar travel trailer. We are interested in the T@b, because @ 92" tall, it should fit through our 94" garage door opening, and that's a game changer to have it stored under cover, and at our house. Here are our questions:

1) Do you sleep with your head at the back (under the cabinets) or in the front. If front, is it difficult to get out of bed without disturbing your partner? Or do you sleep side to side?

2) How often do you have the glycol switched out in the Alde system? What is the approximate price for this service at the dealer? Does anyone do it themselves?

Thanks,
Tami
La Center, WA

Comments

• Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    Welcome! We are spending our first summer with our 2022 T@B 320S Boondock and love it!

1) We sleep wheel-to-wheel with our heads on the driver side. I'm 6'0" tall and when I want to stretch my legs I go in a diagonal. My girlfriend is just over 5'0" tall so no impact to her lol. We sleep very well.

2) I believe the recommendation is every 5 years but could be wrong here. I have not done it yet.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    Welcome to the forum!  Very nice people here and very knowledgeable. 

We have a 2022 T@B 320 S.  We have slept in just about every configuration in the short time we have had the camper.  North/south (in other words front to back) with our heads under the cabinet (not good on the brain bucket), head toward the front, wheel to wheel, and twin configuration.  Currently our favorite is the twin configuration.  We have custom foam cushions that we use to extend the dinette seats out about 5" (each side) using the built in extension slats.  This allows for a bed width of about 28", but also allows for a small aisle in between to use at night when nature calls.  In my opinion, all of the other configurations require some type of  "gymnastics" if you want to get out of bed during the night.  Certainly some are better than others though.  You will need to try it yourself and make the decision.
    Scott
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Glycol needs to be changed every 2 years.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • tamimtamim Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2022
    I found out from our dealer that switching out the glycol at the dealer is about $389. Pretty spendy maintenance for every two years. One thing I didn't ask is if that timeframe changes based upon useage at all? For example, we only camp a few times in the summer.
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 445
    We sleep with our heads toward the front. It's a little short sleeping side to side and no way am I going to stick my head under those cabinets. I added another table bracket by the door so I can store the table upright at night and use it as a headboard. Keeps it out of the way. It's also a great place for the table during the day as you can reach it to set thing on from outside. 

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    tamim said:
    I found out from our dealer that switching out the glycol at the dealer is about $389. Pretty spendy maintenance for every two years. One thing I didn't ask is if that timeframe changes based upon useage at all? For example, we only camp a few times in the summer.
    That is a bit high of an estimate, sounds like the cost of a full drain, flush and replacement of the fluid, which is normally only required for o,def TaBs switching to the new glycol coolant.  Our drain and refill service at a TaB dealer is around $200-250 including glycol (which has increased some in cost, takes about 1.5 gallons for a 320), and labor shouldn’t be much more than one hour using the Alde service pump setup on the new TaBs.  

Yes, the service is based on calendar time, every two years, not amount of use.  Glycol ages just sitting in the Alde system, and the change is required to prevent corrosion in the system.
     Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.