Back panel removal for cleaning?

Just curious if anyone has removed this back panel to clean behind it?  As you can see, debris has collected between the panel and the body of the trailer. In fact, enough debris that small mushrooms grow in the winter! I suppose I could just power wash it out as it appears water is designed to run behind this panel and drain out. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers! 

Comments

• falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    I think those back panels are attached with double sided tape.  It would be tricky to remove it.  I blow mine (TAB 400) out with an air compressor
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    Same here, our dealer showed me this trick, just use the compressor with a 35-40psi nozzle to blow the debris out.  I start in the middle and go both ways.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • khenkekhenke Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the responses! I have a good compressor so I will go that route to clean out the debris. 
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    @khenke ; Some Additional General Information.

Based on Factory Build Pictures and inspection of my 2018 model-year 320S there is no structural support/panel/wall behind the Rear Plastic Cover.  I suspect if it was removed getting the cover back on and fully water sealed would be a major task.

The Rear Plastic Cover fills/covers a gap between the Aluminum Roof and the trailer floor.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    I’ve had to detach the bottom of this piece to install a rear view camera. It’s held ok with screws and butyl tape. You could detach it from the bottom and hinge it up to clean from underneath but it would be cumbersome and possibly stress the plastic. I think the air compressor method would be best. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
    edited August 2022
    Also, the rear trim piece is not a waterproof seal, the roof under it is aready sealed to the rear floor in a seam at the frame, under this panel.  In a 2018 through 2020 (and most 2021) model TaB400s, there is not any plywood as part of the subfloor under the trailer.  It is Greencore, foam and Azdel composite flooring, with aluminum roof frame running down the back and around under the rear to the floor/frame connection.

The 2019/2019 does have a false plywood floor under the rear bunk to provide a clean storage area, and to cover the electric wire and plumbing pipe runs.  The main floor under this panel is sandwich of Greencore (composite material), foam, and an Azdel composite panel on top, not wood.  This floor panel sits up on the rear floor, running back to the start of the rear curve.  

MuttonChops diagram above was an of earlier (pre TaB400/320) TaB construction, no longer used.
     Cheers 
    @Denny16;    While the newer year builds have an Azdel Composite (no wood) for the Level floor area.   Can you verify (factory pictures, reports) that the small filler piece which is about 72x21 inches on the 320S and attached to the angled aft section of the 320S was changed to the Azdel Composite . . . as this section is not really "the floor". . .
    edited August 2022
    I saw this on one of The AirForce Guy’s video of a 2018 TaB build.  I can also see this in some of the TaB build photos.  The inside Azdel panel on the floor does stop at the point the floor starts to curve up, looking at the photo (below) hard to tell what the white inside covering is, but mot plywood.  

Plywood sub floor goes down over this part of the rear cargo area under the bunk, in a 2018/2019 TaB400.  You can see the composite white material curving up the back area where the Alde convectors are.
    On Paul C’s nüCamp factory tour of the TaB400 build below, at 08:14 you can see the rear area being built from tue outside, with Azdel panels (black material) covering the foam layer under the roof, and ready to get the Reflectex covering and the one piece aluminum top covering, shown in 09:16 as running down the roof, back and around the rear curve to the floor/frame meeting point, which is also sealed, per the RV tech (nüCamp factory trained) at our local nüCamp dealer.  
    Paul ‘s tour:
    So no seams under the rear ABS back trim, except at the roof to side seams, which are also sealed.   The ABS trim is just that, a trim covering the sealed side seams and adding some protection to the back aluminum skin covering the rear of the trailer.  I hope this answers your questions.
     Cheers 
    @Denny16,  Thank you.
    New unknown material at rear of 320S . . . .
    No sunset red glow in a 400 as there is not metal to block the light . . .