Options

co/propane Intertek RVLP-2 detector

tomwassertomwasser Member Posts: 5
edited January 2023 in Trailer & Towing
New owner month Tab S.  For 1/2 h detector fired off during night. After what seemed like hours shut valve to camp ground sewer hook up to my gray water and detector was reset and turned green. A couple dogs may have been source of methane. My smell gone since covid. Could this have been the source and if was suggest to all, shut the gray valve until needed to empty. 
Tom Wasser

Comments

• Options
    DM159DM159 Member Posts: 43
    Our 2022 TAB400 (delivery 12/21) CO/Propane detector sounded off and would not reset.  No propane on board, new, unused black & gray tanks.  Opened all the windows and left them open for 3 days in the spring.  The neighbors were wondering what the noise was.  I cut the power line, waited 2 weeks and repowered the sensor.  Continually sounded off and would not reset.  It is still disconnected today.  We are alive even after two 8 week road trips.  We really dig our TAB400 btw.
    2023 TAB 400 with modifications in process.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    There have been reports of off gassing (and dog gassing😂) setting off the co/LPG detector.  I suppose it is possible that the shared black/gray vent wafted back into the TaB.  Not sure what model year you have, but the detectors do go bad or may be defective if new.  Sounds like it was doing its job.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 452
    Generally the rule is to use the tanks and then drain periodically. That's more important with conventional black water tanks because it prevents hardening of the you-know-what.
    "Sewer gas" contains methane so it may be the culprit if it makes its way through the gray water drains. Or dogs ;)
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    It may just be a defective detector.
    When I got my new 2021 T@B 400, the LP detector would false alarm multiple times a day (and night!). I replaced it under warranty and it hasn't false alarmed ever again.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    tomwassertomwasser Member Posts: 5
    MY NEW TAB 2023 DETECTOR SOUNDED OFF SUDDENLY ONE NIGHT FOR A 1/2 HOUR ENDING WHEN I VENTED THE TAB, TO RESUME AFTER TURNING OFF THE FAN. FINALLY I CLOSED THE GRAY WATER VALVE TO THE CAMP SEWER HOOK UP AND NOISE STOPPED. I LEARNED TO KEEP THE GRAY WATER VALVE SHUT UNTIL NEEDING EMPTYING.I BELIEVE METHANE IS THE CULPRIT NO MATTER THE SORCE!
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    Being a new trailer, if you have never used your shower the drain trap is empty and wide open to the gray tank.  Pour a quart of water in the drain and the problem may be solved...