Options

TAB400 Bathroom door hinge source

JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
The top hinge on the bathroom door broke and I am trying to find a replacement. It looks like a kitchen cabinet hinge but Lowes didn’t have a match. Has anybody needed to replace one? We are on a three month trip. 
2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
Jeff & Amy
Now in Manistee, MI

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    I took my broken hinge to Rocklers and found a replacement.  I replaced one and it has been worked out well. I did buy three in case the others failed. I will check the hinge packaging for details and post it later this morning. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Jeff, Found the hinge package.  They come in pairs. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited January 2023
    You can also get the hinges from nüCamp via a dealer.  I got my replacement washroom door top hinge from nüCamp through our local dealer.  Good to know of an additional source.  These are stock hardware parts nüCamp buys for their builds.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jschmierjschmier Member Posts: 26
    The OEM bathroom hinge that broke on my 400 (2018) was from Hardware Resources. Contact Cristina.Zapata@hardwareresources.com for a distributor. Compact Hinge: Part # 22855.  Took about a week.

2018 T@B 400/solar/2022 Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member Posts: 6
    I have called nucamp directly (parts, 330-852-4820) for any part that I needed to replace.
  • Options
    CrashjgCrashjg Member Posts: 1
    I was able to get replacements from Build.Com. They are a heavy duty steel and work fantastic on the bathroom door and only $1.74 each. 👍 https://www.build.com/hardware-resources-22855-10/s1434918?uid=3374503#overview
  • Options
    Dave_JDave_J Member Posts: 5
    I got mine from nucamp from the dealer.

lesson learned that the door is heavier than the design of the hinge. so we bolt the door while traveling now. 
  • Options
    After replacing the top broken hinge with the rockler hinge noted in a previous post, I noticed two additional hinges had broken after many months.  I replaced the hinges with the Rockler hinges and had difficulty with the door latch.  once I returned home, I ordered the suggested hinges from Build.com, replaced them all and the door is back to normal.  The steel hinges appear stronger than the original hinges with die cast parts which failed.
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    I ran over a big highway pothole in Baja California a couple of days ago and the jolt broke three of the bathroom door hinges in our 2021 400 BD. Took the door off and the problem is apparent - the door is too heavy and the hinges are pot metal. Still have 5-6 weeks to go on the trip. Ditched the door and we’re using the shower curtain to cover the bathroom entry. I’ll figure out a permanent solution that does not involve the original door. Bad design, NuCamp.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX