Options

Trailer jacking rig- tubesteel fabrication

Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
edited May 2023 in Modifications & Upgrades
The two 3/16" x 6" bent plate jacking points on the trailer axle are unsuited to safely hold a jack and stand.
I've also found that most jacks sited under the lifting point are too wide and hit the tire. 

I made this jacking rig as a long term tool in order to safely jack both sides and work at/under camper for long periods.
(To fix a factory defective brakewire installation... another story. Note the red jacketed cable that can rub the tire on numerous campers.)

1/4" x2"x3" A36 tubesteel, 3/16"x1x1 angle x 6" long end register stops to keep it from shifting laterally; 2-3/8" ID x 1" long sch.40 pipe rings to register and hold this heavy assembly atop a pair of hydraulic post jacks.   I don't want auto jacks on wheels that allow the entire trailer to move with me under it.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    A great idea!  I would, however,  suggest that you have the trailer connected to your tow vehicle while working under the trailer.  Since you can't chock the wheels with both of them off the ground I think a third "anchor" would keep the trailer from jumping off the jack stands.
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 213
    Yes I have a pivoting towbar on binder chain to the conex box.  Cannot shift and leaves truck usable.

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck