Options

Beyond Ohio, is there such thing as a TAB Certified Repair Person?

Hi again!  =) It's time for my annual maintenance on my 2022 320! Yahoo! Is there such a thing as a TAB Certified Repair Person? I would like to find one, I live in the Tucson area and bought my TAB from Tom's Camperland (which has fallen into the hands of private equity and is quite expensive for any maintenance or repairs)? Any advice on locating someone skilled with TAB's. If not, anyone actually go to Ohio for maintenance? thanks, jill

Comments

• Options
    Living in Arizona and only having Tom’s as an authorized dealer, I am following.  There has to be a better solution out there. Not sure about the dealer in Las Vegas but may be better than Tom’s.
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We purchased our Tab from Tom's Camperland as well.  I don't like the place since the new ownership took over.  I don't think they are as easy to deal with as before.  I saw a sign about the hourly price for service and it took my breath away.  They are busy anyway but I think we'll try to stay away, maybe route through Ohio on our travels for routine service.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    The only pressing thing for annual service is wheel bearing service, and then only if you travel a lot.  You can get that done at a competent trailer servicing shop in Tucson.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,290
    edited June 2023
    A local garage that we trust and use for our vehicle service also does our T@B wheel bearings and brake adjustment annually.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    KismetKrushKismetKrush Member Posts: 29
    Thanks @kottum and @AnOldUR. It is a conundrum, @SpeightsTheWonderDog. Thanks for giving me these other options. I did run her out about 5000 miles this year so it sounds like the wheel bearing service is in order. I would prefer to stay in town, do you mind sharing your trusted place @kottum? And yeah everything is running perfectly, it is both covered and under an awning, so I think your right...I will plan Ohio into a trip sometime. 
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    You might want to look at Princess Craft in Round Rock, Texas. We had a great experience with them. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @KismetKrush, a good shop to get your bearings checked and repacked locally is:

Tucson Trailer Company, 1315 W. Miracle Mile Rd., Tucson, AZ 85705; (520) 623-1273.

I have taken my 2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite to them the past two years and their service tech ("Cameron") has done a great job and is very detailed in his work.  He will also check and adjust your brakes.  I have been very pleased with their service.  They sell hauling-type trailers, so don't generally service travel trailers (no general RV service), but they will service a single axle T@B.  Both times I went, I scheduled an appointment in the morning and got the trailer back around noon.  They may be busier this time of year, but give them a call.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    Thank you @Bayliss I am scheduled their next week for the repack. Really appreciate the help. I was dreading getting up to Tom's in Mesa and not feeling great about them. This really helped. =)
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Great, @KismetKrush.  You are fortunate to get in quickly.  RV dealers/shops often take weeks, or longer to service trailers.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    John Schilling, in San Diego, recently completed nuCamp University. Previously he's done multiple Alde coolant flushed for me. He's also done a lot of warranty work for nuCamp. https://www.facebook.com/john.schilling.39?mibextid=ZbWKwL
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    Thanks @jimcenname I will ask if they have graduated from nucamp university when I look for repair people. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Vogel’s RV in Ukahia CA has a nüCamp factory certified repair tech.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @Denny16 what I am discovering having now called a few tab dealerships is that some have 1 or 2 trained nucamp people...and with some kind coaxing will let you schedule your maintenance with them. But I will have to travel a couple hours to do it. I am not complaining, I am sure all RV folks have to deal with issues regarding their particular make and model. Anyway, OK-feel like this is solved. Thanks all.
  • Options
    sunnynjersunnynjer Member Posts: 4
    John Schilling, in San Diego, recently completed nuCamp University. Previously he's done multiple Alde coolant flushed for me. He's also done a lot of warranty work for nuCamp. https://www.facebook.com/john.schilling.39?mibextid=ZbWKwL

@jimcenname, Does he do RV work as a regular business?  Facebook page looks like he is involved at Aztek Brewing (looking better all the time), but no real info as to contacting for RV help.
    2019 Silver 320-CS Sofitel
    2011 F-150 TV.  San Diego, CA
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    @sunnynjer, John does lots of different stuff. nuCamp wise I know the factory gives him warranty work. He hosts the SoCal T@B rally each October in Newport Beach and he recently replaced his 320 with a 400 so he's an owner. 
    2019 T@B400
    TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    CalamityJanieCalamityJanie Member Posts: 11

Yes, I have heard about John from another T@b owner. I live in the central Valley but am seriously considering driving down there just to have him work on my T@b when needed! 

• Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    We are in Albuquerque NM and are planning to take our 400 to Round Rock, TX for repairs but the distance and rising cost of gas is a concern. It seemed like a good idea to find out about options that may be closer to us other than Tom’s in AZ. Does anyone know of a good certified Tab repair shop in either Colorado or Utah? 
    Thanks 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    CalamityJanieCalamityJanie Member Posts: 11
    I am still looking for an independent repair/maintenance person close to my home in Bakersfield (central valley of CA). I found someone to pack bearings but nobody Tab-specific. The big box places like Camping World or even our only local place (Pensingers) cost a fortune and have a long waiting list. Anyone in my area have any ideas?
  • Options
    ChiprchukChiprchuk Member Posts: 23
    @CalamityJanie
    and anyone else in CA. I would go to https://www.vogelsrvs.com/location-and-directions. These guys are the BEST. It is a bit far from Bakersfield - but time it with going to the north coast  or other points. We make the 3 hour drive from home. You will not be disappointed. 
    Tab 320-S Boondock Edge 2019
    T/V Ford Ranger 2023 4x4