Options

Alde control panel not turning on,

I got our first TAB320S 2016 last October. It was already winterized. I just de-winterized and noticed that the Alde control panel was not turning on. I checked everything per Alde recommendation and great videos, but to no avail. When I called a TAB certified service place, they told me I would probably need a new control board, it would cost me around $1,000. Then I stumbled onto this video of an English guy who had the same problem, but figured out it was the thermal fuse on the control board that was bad. These fuses wear out over time, but are soldered in. To get a better view, one has to screw off the top that says  'only certified service people should remove this top'. I did order the special Alde thermal fuse (on the english E-bay), I ordered 2 of them, to have an extra one, and payed around $18 I think. So, I took a deep breath, and removed that top and located that fuse. And, using a multimeter, it showed it did not have continuity. So by way of testing I only hung the new thermal fuse around the old one, and BINGO, my Alde control panel lit up so beautifully! Now I have to ask an electrician if I really have to cut out the old thermal fuse, and solder the new one in? or can I just continue to bypass the old one by wrapping the 2 wires sticking out around the old ones. I have never soldered, and this would not be an easy job I think. (I do not want to remove the whole control board out, I do not want to push my luck). But here is the link that was so helpful to me and saved me at least $1,000! :-)

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/alde-3010-blank-control-panel-solution-fix.154521/

Comments