Options

Clamshell Trim heaving

TjallingTjalling Member Posts: 2
Hello, my 2015 TAB 320 CS has a gap on both sides of the roof trim. See picture attached. The trim has heaved. Any suggestions 

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,294
    Longer screws and fender washers keeps ours in place. It's a 2020 320S, so it's not the same as yours, but may offer some ideas. It's not visible from the ground.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,457
    @Tjalling, is yours a CS-S (clamshell) model? The upper trim is a bit different on those and your issue may represent a different problem than what others have experienced with the heavy plastic trim (with is just decorative) on the S models.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Looks looks like a clamshell.  I believe the black weather strip covers screws in the channel.  First time seeing this.  I think the metal edging is one, long, solid piece.  Looks like it fractured?  I would email nuCamp at help@nucamprv.com and see what they recommend.  Assuming this is a clamshell, make sure to indicate this so they don’t reference the S model trim issue.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TjallingTjalling Member Posts: 2
    Yes this is a clamshell. I will email the factory. Thanks!
  • Options
    DukeHewettDukeHewett Member Posts: 41
    We had the same problem.  We carefully puller the rubber seal aside, just enough to get to the screw holding it down.  We removed the screw temporary to see what type and length the screw was.  We eventually had to put 2 more additional screws in to hold it down and put the rubber seal back in place.  I believe we put some adhesive on the screws to keep them from backing out again.
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 356
    I have has screws back out. I've started checking every screw twice per year. As mentioned above, my trim is one solid piece. This looks like a joint.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"