Options

Moonshade XL Awning on my T@B

SLJSLJ Member Posts: 456
edited February 15 in Products and Accessories
Received our Moonshade XL awning today. It's February and I'm in the Northeast but was able to set it up on our T@B in the garage to see how it fits. It's perfect for the T@B. Covered area is 12'x8' when set up (or you can turn it 90 degrees). We now have plenty of shade.
Goes just over the roof so there's no leaks and and I used a pair of cam straps to attach it securely to the front and rear handles of the T@B. Only thing I changed was I went with a pair of shorter adjustable poles to lower the angle in the front. Very happy with the initial set-up and can't wait to start using it this Spring. More expensive than the standard Moonshade or the SUV awning I've been using but it covers more area and is much higher quality. It looks a heck of a lot better also.
The XL isn't on Amazon. It's on their web site though. XL: https://moonfab.com/products/moonshade-xl?sca_ref=5458239.qAWkIBZrri

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
The Finger Lakes of New York

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,532
    Curious if you can use this as a canopy over the entire TaB in areas of extreme sun/heat.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,705
    What airport is this hangar at? ;)
    Garage envy!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Curious if you can use this as a canopy over the entire TaB in areas of extreme sun/heat.
    I suppose you could if you had two more poles and they were all tall enough. I don't think the ones I have would be.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    What airport is this hangar at? ;)
    Garage envy!
    Built it for our motorhome and cars originally with three long bays, 12' ceiling, a workbench area, and second floor storage but now the T@B only takes up a third of the motorhome bay. Workshop is the smaller building to the left.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,705
    Very impressive, thanks for showing it!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,303
    Nice! We're fortunate to be able to get our 320S into our garage, but it's a single car. Lucky to be able to get the door open yet alone set up a side canopy. =)
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    CheleChele Member Posts: 3
    @SLJ Your post is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Will be a new T@B 400 owner soon, and have been eyeing the Moonshade as a viable 1 person set up. Keder rail tent options seem to be a little more cumbersome for a single person, with many saying the rail mounting screws need to be counter-sunk for smooth gliding before using the rail. I wasn't sure if the 400 door would clear a Moonshade, and how to mount to the trailer. Looks like you've answered it! Questions: Was the only Moonshade attachment to the trailer at the handles? Any suction cups on the roof needed? I noticed you posted in February, have you been out camping with it yet? What are your thoughts regarding a single person setting up what you've done? Appreciate any help! BTW, count me as another with garage envy ☺️
  • Options
    edited May 19
    I've had it out a couple of times.
    The only place I attach mine is by straps to the front and rear handles. It's tight enough so it won't lift over the edge of the roof. I found with one person that tying a cord to the center of the side going over the roof (there's a loop to attach to) makes it easy to lean the moonshade up and use the cord to pull that side over the top and attach to anything on the opposite side to help hold in place while you're tightening the front and rear straps.

I also shortened the poles that came with it. The bottom section with holes for adjustments can be shortened. I cut 10 inches off mine. The 400 is taller so you might want to cut less.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT