Options

Hello! New member from Texas

TommieTommie Member Posts: 3
edited March 15 in Introductions
Hello,

I have read many posts on this forum before I decided to join. My wife and I are looking at buying our first hard sided trailer. Previously we were tent campers, and camped in a pop up for a while after that. Our youngest son has left the house for college and we have some friends with kids in college also who are building a place for their RV in the Crystal beach area and have invited us to use their place once it is finished also. This has sparked up our interest in buying an RV, and we have looked at a few different floor plans etc. 

My wife requires a shower and toilet, I am fine with something compact, she wants something with more room than I want. Our current tow vehicle would be a 2009 Tacoma V6 Prerunner double cab short bed. It is a great truck and its only flaw is Toyota's horrible paint quality. 

Here is a short list of what we looked at so far:

Tab 320 S
Tab 320 CS-S
Tab 400
Little guy mini max
Geo Pro 15 TB
Bushwhacker 15fk
Hard sided pop up (2x) one was an Aliner the other was a Rockwood with a bath.
Casita has also been on the consideration list, but we have not looked at one, and the used prices are nuts. 

My wife's favorite has been the Geo Pro 15tb. My favorite has been the Tab 320 S. I am 6'-6'1" and she is 5' 4" and we have a large body hound dog mix with short legs who may also join us on some trips. I like the Tab 320 because it is smaller, (height and width) and I would feel better about towing it with my Tacoma. She says the Tab 320 is cramped, and makes her feel claustrophobic. I told her about my trailer size and towing concerns, and that we only need a place to sleep, some A/C, and a bathroom (her main concern).

I know it may be a long introduction post, but let me know if you have any comments about trailer selection, or how to convince my wife to stay tiny.

Thanks,
Tommie

P.S. if anyone is in the Houston area or within a few hours of Houston who has a Tab for sale, let me know.

Comments