Options

Tow vehicle options for 320 CS-S

WaynerWayner Member Posts: 1
Wondering what tow vehicles people use to tow a T@B 320 CS-S.

Comments

• Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    2017 CS-S tv is F-150 5.0l
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited January 2022
    The recommendation for a recent model 320 is minimum 3500 lb towing capacity, 350 lb tongue weight. This allows you to get to the safe range of tongue weight being 10-15% of overall loaded trailer weight. Be aware that tongue weight adds up fairly quickly if you plan on carrying extras on the tongue (dual batteries or dual propane tanks, spare tire, generator, or bikes…especially ebikes). This is one reason many end up going with tow vehicles with a 5000 lb tow rating/500 lb tongue weight limit.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Toyota Sienna minivan.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    We had towed with an 06 Honda Ridgeline that had 5000 pound limit. Now we have a ford f 150 and to be honest, the ford you can’t tell it is there.  The Ridgeline you could feel the pull.
  • Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    We're presently towing our 320S BD behind a Kia Telluride that has a 291 hp 3.8L V-6 engine mated to an 8-speed transmission. Kia says that Telluride towing capacity is 5,000 lbs with 500 lbs max tongue weight and our experience towing with Telly has been positive. You're certainly aware that you're pulling something, but even with the car loaded up with gear, there's no straining. Fuel mileage drops from about 23 down to 16 or so however.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Tab Clamshell towed with an F-150 3.5 EB. Lots of truck, but has PLENTY of payload to load "stuff" in the bed and backseat. I try not to put anything inside the T@B floor or bed, except clothes and kitchen supplies that fit in the cabinets. and prefer to have all the extra awnings, rugs, chairs, coolers in the truck. Vehicle payloads will surprise you (as in lower than you think).
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Our 2019 CSS is towed with the same model year 2WD "Supercab" Ford Ranger w/ tow package. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    2021 T@B CS-S
    2015 Tundra 4.6 L. V-8 (2WD). 
    High head wind  13 mpg
    Tail wind  17 -18 mpg
    Normal 15-16 mpg
    Regular gasoline - but prefer to go to Chevron when towing.  Bad gasoline can cause problems.
    We are often loaded heavy with pickup bed full of additional camping gear (generator, ARB fridge, Coleman 2 n 1 awning and 2 man tent, solar panels, and I have two six volt batteries in the tub and two 4.5 lb propane tanks).
    I am not the first person to the top of mountain passes - but am willing to trade that award for the gas mileage we do get. 

• Options
    bkjacksonbkjackson Member Posts: 4
    Hey All! Newbie here. My wife and I are purchasing a used 2017 T@B 320 CS-S next week. I'll be driving 10 hours to meet the seller and am trying to sort out what ball mount to buy before I head out. My TV is a stock 2017 F-150. Can ya'll let me know how much drop you're running on your ball mounts? It looks like the CS-S rides pretty low so I'm wondering what other users are doing. Thanks in advance for the advice!
    2022 T@B 320 S BD

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    bkjackson said:
    Hey All! Newbie here. My wife and I are purchasing a used 2017 T@B 320 CS-S next week. I'll be driving 10 hours to meet the seller and am trying to sort out what ball mount to buy before I head out. My TV is a stock 2017 F-150. Can ya'll let me know how much drop you're running on your ball mounts? It looks like the CS-S rides pretty low so I'm wondering what other users are doing. Thanks in advance for the advice!
    On my 21 F-150 I use a 5" drop if the truck bed is not loaded very much, or a 4" drop if the truck bed is loaded. My T@B is NOT a boondock. If yours is a boondock then you may need a smaller drop.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,278
    You want to keep your trailer level. For the non-boondocks, I believe the top of the ball should be 16” from the ground and the boondock 18” from the ground.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    bkjackson said:
    Assuming that it's not a Boondock version CS-S you should aim to have the top of the ball 16" from the ground. Be sure to measure with the bed of the truck loaded for travel. Otherwise I suppose you could get an adjustable mount.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    subfreq111subfreq111 Member Posts: 45
    @bkjackson I use a 6” drop on my 2020 f150 for our 320s
    Nick / 2018 T@B 320 S / 2010 VW Jetta TDI / Coeur d'Alene, ID
  • Options
    bkjacksonbkjackson Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your replies. Plans have changed, in a good way! We've actually decided to go with a 2022 T@B 320 S Boondock from a local dealer. Not as much of a worry about right hide as with the CS-S.
    2022 T@B 320 S BD

• Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    There is a couple one town over from us towing a 320 with a Tesla model Y.  We haven’t talked to them but have seen them headed somewhere half a dozen times or so. Nice looking combo.