Options

Newbies from Washington state and Oklahoma

MilesCampMilesCamp Member Posts: 14
We are in Central High, Oklahoma now and just bought this 2008 Dutchman T@B last week 3/14/24.  Will be pulling it home to Washington in 2 weeks.. My wife Cris is from Lawton, OK so we live here for Fall & winters and our primary residence is in South Puget Sound, WA for Spring & Summers.  It's late, got to turn in.  Glad to know there is a place to turn to with like minded travelers.
Miles & Cris Campbell
P.S. My wife got locked in yesterday.  Is there a way to adjust the door handles?  Apparently the inside handle moves the latch back a full 1/4 inch less than the outdoor handle.  Our first problem, I'm sure there will be more on a 16 year old trailer.
2008 T@B Solar & Tent
2001 Dodge RAM 3500 Diesel
128 cf of storage
Washington State Apr-Oct
Oklahoma Oct-Apr

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Welcome and have fun!  Not sure about the lock, so, hopefully someone will chime in.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon, Thanks for the welcome and tips.  I'm obviously doing something wrong again - my signature is double spaced.  How do I make it normal like everyone else.
    Cheers, Miles
    2008 T@B Solar & Tent
    128 cf of storage
    Washington State Apr-Oct
    Oklahoma Oct-Apr
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @MilesCamp - good question.  I have lost the ability to tweak signature lines with a past update.  @ScottG - any ideas?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    Hold down the shift key when hitting enter when going to the next line of text might work.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited April 2
    @MilesCamp - good question.  I have lost the ability to tweak signature lines with a past update.  @ScottG - any ideas?
    I notice the same thing, and thus far can't find any way to restore moderator access to this feature. 
    @MilesCamp, did you by chance set up your signature line using the Firefox browser? Vanilla has a long-standing quirk with Firefox where it inserts an extra blank line every time you hit the return key. Sometimes you can fix this by toggling the HTML code and removing the extra command. However, it's generally easier to just open the site in a different browser and make the necessary edits.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    edited April 2
    AnOldUR said:
    Hold down the shift key when hitting enter when going to the next line of text might work.
    @AnOldUR, what exactly does this do? Are you using Firefox?

I use Firefox. I just tried this on this comment and it seems to work! Sort of. The space still looks a little bigger, but much closer to a single space than a double space.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    This YouTube video may help with the door lock.
    https://youtu.be/11fC-sTILU0?si=fmS6F-D9V3SV-plm
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Slackers, my door mechanism is completely different from yours but worth opening for a look see and PM.  The door itself is half the thickness of yours.  Big difference between early T@B's and yours -(2008 & 2015's).
    ScotG & AnOldUR I do usee Firefox and have only been using the enter key for new lines.  Will try using "Shift/Enter" next.

2008 T@B Solar & Tent
    128 cf of storage
    Washington State Apr-Oct
    Oklahoma Oct-Apr