Options

400 - stinky slinky storage ?

Has anyone installed a stinky slinky hose storage tube on the back of a 400 ? Looking at under the rear facia (bumper area) on that nice flat part. Can I screw into that to install a commercial tube carrier that will span the width of the 400 ? 
Any options for other locations ? Dont want to put it anywhere on the tongue area ......
Thanks ! 
2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

Comments

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 299
    I installed ours directly behind the front stabilizers. I like that it is inconspicuous and that it is also close to the grey and black water valves.

RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 113
    edited April 7
    Divergent thinking... we opted to keep the hose and connectors in a 5-gallon bucket inside the front tub. I bought a screw on lid for the bucket from the hardware store. 
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
  • Options
    RMoRMo Member Posts: 147
    on our 2019 400 the hose is stored in the back where I think you are thinking of putting it.  It works well for us though your under-bed area my be configured differently.

2019 T@B 400
    2017 Highlander Limited
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 188
    Thanks for the ideas ! 
    The one under the tonque might work , not sure if the spare is in the way ? 
    Trying to avoid storing it in the front tub . But is an option in a 5 gallon bucket . 
    Dont know if we have room inside to mount an internal tube style ? Will have to check. 
    Was hoping I could mount an external tube style in the back somewhere . 

• Options
    @B0atguy the spare tire in under the tongue. Behind the front stabilizers there aren’t any obstructions.
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    I placed the valterra tube under the front driver side of the tongue, front to back, with the opening just behind the jack section and rear under the camper.  Sorry, can't provide a photo as my camper is still in storage,  Used several extra long zip ties to attach it to the frame and check them every year for wear and tear.  Works great for me.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Boatguy, the front tub has a specific divided spot for the sewer discharge hose, all the way back, behind the gas bottle, running the width of the tub.  Since I have the original TaB400 with its built in hose storage spot, I use the tub hose area for the sewer hose adapters and the connectors.  Everything gets rinsed out before storing, so no smelly mess hanging about.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks ! 
    I will look and see if it has the divided spot for the sewer hose in the tub on the 24 models. We pick it up in a week , so we will see ! Would like to use the space in the tub for other things , so hopefully it has a dedicated spot for the hose. If not I will be installing a "tube" carrier underneath somewhere ?

• Options
    @B0atguy I do not find the front storage tub very convenient for storing the sewer hose. If you put it in that divided space at the bottom and place other items in the tub you will first have to move them to access the hose. I use the front tub for chocks, tongue lock, charcoal chimney and wouldn't want to have to move all those items to get to the hose at the bottom.
    elbolillo said:
    @B0atguy I do not find the front storage tub very convenient for storing the sewer hose. If you put it in that divided space at the bottom and place other items in the tub you will first have to move them to access the hose. I use the front tub for chocks, tongue lock, charcoal chimney and wouldn't want to have to move all those items to get to the hose at the bottom.
    Thats kind of what I am thinking too. I am leaning towards trying to use a tube style underneath somewhere . Liked where you mounted yours , looks perfect . Do you happen to have any pictures of how its mounted ? Screwed to the frame ?

• Options
    @B0atguy I can take some photos when I get home. Just screwed it to the frame.
    andytabrvandytabrv Member Posts: 2
    edited April 9
    I purchased a Valterra Sewer hose carrier and was looking at mounting it at the furthest back part of the frame on the 400, but it was so far back and under that accessing it would have required an acrobatic feat of squatting.  But, I was able to mount it with some large pipe/hose clamps to the top of the spare tire carrier behind the metal storage box.  The tank regulator prevented extending it further, but it was plenty of space for my standard 15’ hose.  I’ve been very happy with it there and it’s easily accessible when dumping.  The plastic is much softer than the metal so I'm not worried about it rubbing and if it gets damaged it's cheap and replaceable.

2024 T@b 400 BD  "Tabba the Hut" 
    2022 Nissan Pathfinder
    Cary, North Carolina
  • Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 149
    I did the same as @andytabrv but I chose to add a 90 degree elbow and a short extension hose to slightly re-route the propane hose. That allowed me to place the Valterra tube the full length across the rear of the storage box.  I also insulated the edge of the storage box where it contacts the tube with a piece of PVC pipe to help keep it from chaffing the tube.  Works great, looks lood.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    @B0atguy This is how I attached the sewer hose carrier. Easy peasy. 

Thanks for all the pictures . All of these options look pretty good . I am leaning towards the under the frame mount like @elbolillo . Picking up the new 400 on Monday , so will see what the best option is then.  
    They sell the "expandable" tube style through RecPro , so will prob go that route to keep the mounting points easier to line up on the install.
    Thanks for all the help and pics !

• Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 271
    We use rectangular 6-gal milk crates.

2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    These options look good. May I suggest that a few holes be drilled thru the tube to promote some air circulation to dry the slinky.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    fwunderfwunder Member Posts: 39
    This works well for our 2023 400. 

• Options
    Like this idea .........would rather not drill through the "frame" . 
    Thanks @fwunder !

Good Idea with the holes in the tube as well @RCB

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Yes, I mounted a Valterra storage tube on handles.  Works well.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    enzo86enzo86 Member Posts: 9
    Installed today, uses one of the existing screw holes, drilled one additional.

• Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    Finally got my rig out of storage.  Here are a couple photos of my setup for the Valterra storage tube.  The white zip tie on the cover is to secure it, as I lost the original cap at one point during transit and nearly lost the slinky!
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota