Options

No Hot Water but Alde Heat Works

I recently purchased an Avia and can not get hot water. I tried with propane on and with Electric on and both on. I get heat with no problem.
Is there a valve not turned on the right position?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,436
    Probably. I have no specific knowledge of the Avia, but it sounds like you have the Alde bypass engaged. This is feature that allows you to run antifreeze through the plumbing system without adding it to the Alde's internal hot water tank. T@Bs have it, so the Avia almost certainly does, too.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Arkansas_GaryArkansas_Gary Member Posts: 14
    Could also be the water mixing valve not letting hot in.  Start with that first .  Less likely but the easiest.  Just a twist of a nob To adjust.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    Do you have the Owners Manual?
    If not a pdf file is on the web.

Page 75 of the yr-2020 OM has a fresh water plumbing diagram.

I agree with @ScottG the most likely issue is the Bypass Valve is set to 'winter' position.  The diagram suggests the valve is located near your fresh water pump.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    The Alde bypass prevents water from entering the boiler specifically used during winterization and sanitizing.  Does the Avia have the Nautilus?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    The Avia does not have the Nautilus system.  I believe the mixing valve and bypass are accessed by opening the lower cabinet door under the kitchen.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    SydmargoSydmargo Member Posts: 26
    What does the bypass valve look like?
  • Options
    Sydmargo said:
    What does the bypass valve look like?
    Am not sure anyone here can answer that question as so few forum owners have an AVIA, very few used unit ads include system space pictures, + AVIA is not currently in production so factory floor pictures are unlikely . . .

Suggest:

Search for a valve handle labelled NORMAL / BYPASS.  The owners manual references those label positions.

If you don't spot the valve, contact nuCamp Support via email and ask which 'system space' has the valve.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    @Sydmargo - I can tell you that the pre-Nautilus 320s had bypass valves that look like this:

To bypass the Alde you need to open the bypass valve and close the hot water and cold water supply and hot and cold water drain valves. 

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Sydmargo as noted in my April 17 comment . . . the owners manual plumbing diagram implies the
    Alde BYPASS Valve maybe in the same 'system space' as the Fresh Water Pump.

Page 34 of the owners manual says the Fresh Water Pump is located under the Fridge: