Options

Alde Fluid Above Max - 2023 320S

My 2023 TAB 320S was new from dealer earlier last year.  I just now got around to checking Alde Fluid and noticed its ABOVE max by an inch or two.  I'm sure there are posts about this, but I couldn't find.  Wondering if ok to leave as is since I'll likely be doing a flush/replace a year from now.  Everything works great with the Alde. Apparently, this isn't checked at dealer.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,705
    The whole idea of the Alde "min and max" is to allow the warm glycol to have room to "expand" in the tank.  As near as I can tell, there is plenty of "extra room" for the glycol in my trailer.  I learned I need to keep it almost or a little higher in the tank to avoid a "trickling" noise as the glycol comes up into the tank.  I'm sure there must be a limit, though. 
    You can test this if you want, by cranking up the Alde and seeing how high it goes.
    Or, just take something and take some out.  This thread suggested a turkey baster. You wouldn't need to remove too much.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,303
    And don't forget that there's an overflow tube that will allow excess fluid to escape the system.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,530
    After our factory flush and fill, the level was high.  After driving cross country and using the system, the glycol dropped down.  Maybe some air bubbles taking up space.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio