What would you think of this?

I've been thinking & researching upgrading from a 320S to a Tab 400.  Found one @ 70 miles from me a private party (I think) & sent a list of @ 12 questions since the posting didn't include some important (to me) info.  For example 1- free & clear title? 2- are the tires original & how many miles? 3-have you had to have the floor worked on(it's a 2018). 4-VIN # so I can have my insurance agent do a check/search. 5- date of manufacture from the sticker on the trailer, 6-has the glycol ever been flushed?, etc

The seller responded but only answered 3-4 of the simplest of  questions & said "all other questions can be answered at storage facility".

I'm kind of put off because these other questions they should know & be willing to answer if people are going to spend their time & sellers to travel to them- -Plus the pics show it in a driveway at a house out in the open where I would feel OK going to look at by myself, but not to meet someone alone at a storage facility.  Which also means I have to ask someone to take several hours out of their day to go with me.  I am single female if that would make a difference in your answer.

How would you feel about this?  If I were the seller, I would be happy to answer any questions a potential buyer had via email rather than waste my time AND theirs upfront. 

Thanks for your feedback.

2018 Tab 400
2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,689
    If things don't feel right to you, trust your gut and keep searching.

Side Note (just opinion):
        I would not buy a yr-2018 as that was the first production year and
        the early production years had high tongue weight . . . which could be
        an issue for the Frontier

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  53   Nights:  334  Towing Miles 42,600+
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 861
    If things don't feel right to you, trust your gut and keep searching.

Side Note (just opinion):
        I would not buy a yr-2018 as that was the first production year and
        the early production years had high tongue weight . . . which could be
        an issue for the Frontier

Thank you for the feedback!--I had not thought about the heavier tongue weight--what year(s) did they move things around to lighten the tongue weight?
    2018 Tab 400
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,689
    lkc001 said:
     . . .  heavier tongue weight--what year(s)

Believe it was model year 2021.

Full thread 400 shifted axle here

Also, if you decide you can deal with early years tongue weight . . . I personally would still avoid any 400 rig with the Air8 air conditioner
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  53   Nights:  334  Towing Miles 42,600+
    lkc001 said:
     . . .  heavier tongue weight--what year(s)

Believe it was model year 2021.

Full thread 400 shifted axle here

Also, if you decide you can deal with early years tongue weight . . . I personally would still avoid any 400 rig with the Air8 air conditioner

@Sharon_is_SAM yes thank you I have seen that mentioned -- I do like the model that still has the full closet & don't mind the smaller fridge -- although really don't like the brown fakey wood look wall or the cabinet colors in laminate-- it's a conundrum
    2018 Tab 400
  • 1DRR4061DRR406 Member Posts: 7
    A plus+ for 2021 and newer will have a composite floor pan versus older will be plywood (susceptible to deterioration). 
    Like Sharon said 2021 and newer shifting of the axle was done to counter tongue weight. Most 2023 and newer will carry a little more tongue weight.
         If you are still with the Frontier and tongue weight is a concern, visit to this site is a would be good to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZu39pQ8Gg.  Air bag or rear lift was not an option for my Highlander and would have not done a proper job.
         I had to chime in on this discussion, as I have a 2022 and your are looking ( see 400 for sale in Montana on this site).

2022 T@B400 BD
    Toyota Highlander XSE
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,868
    On the FB page there are many Tabs for sale and sometimes the descriptions are quite lacking.  There are also new owners who show up with a used trailer and literally know zippo about it.
    So, things happen.  Owners have to give up their trailers for one reason or another, and a family member or friend tries to sell the trailer,  with no knowledge of trailers and the Tab, and simply does not know things that we take for granted: the different models, the different years, etc. 
    There are also models that owners buy from dealers of different trailer companies, and those dealers have absolutely no knowledge about Tabs, and are little or no help to a prospective buyer.
    None of these situations are helpful for the seller, since any Tab buyer who has done the barest minimum of research would want to know the basics of the trailer.  Caveat emptor all the way around.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
    1DRR406 said:
    A plus+ for 2021 and newer will have a composite floor pan versus older will be plywood (susceptible to deterioration). 
    Like Sharon said 2021 and newer shifting of the axle was done to counter tongue weight. Most 2023 and newer will carry a little more tongue weight.
         If you are still with the Frontier and tongue weight is a concern, visit to this site is a would be good to know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZu39pQ8Gg.  Air bag or rear lift was not an option for my Highlander and would have not done a proper job.
         I had to chime in on this discussion, as I have a 2022 and your are looking ( see 400 for sale in Montana on this site).

Thanks--my Frontier configuration could handle that tongue weight, but why do it?   I've been thinking about about adding Timbre springs--thanks for the article!

2018 Tab 400
    @1DRR406 I've also seen many a conversation here about Nucamp not recommending WDH or sway control on their frames.
    2018 Tab 400
  • 1DRR4061DRR406 Member Posts: 7
    Dealer recommended and installed the WDH (no drilling required) for my RV/TV. They are a nuCamp dealer, so I assumed they know what they are doing with their products. Does this raise a liability question? Hopefully I will never find out.   I believe nuCamp recommending centers around the drilling of holes in frame.

2022 T@B400 BD
    Toyota Highlander XSE
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 653
    There’s a label on the frame stating the WDH limits. I believe it’s no more than 700 lbs, but I’m not near my trailer to confirm.  I agree you should use a hitch that doesn’t require drilling. I’m happy with our e2 hitch. 
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 482
    lkc001,  you’ll get all kind of responses from sellers.  I buy and sell vehicles frequently online. I like cars, rvs and boats.  Many times sellers get frustrated at the numerous “looks loos” contacting and wasting their time.  And it sometimes the frustration gets carried over to actual prospective buyers.  I currently have a 400 for sale.  Since we have no dealer within 50 miles I get a person per week just wanting to look at a NuCamp 400.  Luckily it sits in my yard.   I’m retired, if I’m bored, and around the house I’ll accommodate them.
    Convince them you are a serious buyer if all things work out and they’ll work with you.
    Or move to next available trailer.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.