Options

2016 Plans?

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
It has been a few months since we have gotten out in the T@Bpole, and we are itching to go.  Camping over the Thanksgiving weekend should do the trick for us, but it has me looking at plans for the upcoming year, and I think I will be doing much more time camping in 2016.

So far I have a short trip planned for a conference in Hershey in February (it is what roller coaster enthusiasts do in the winter :-) ), I'm going to take a long weekend.  I thought to camp at HersheyPark Campground, it was reasonable a year ago but is now at $65 a night, in February!  No thanks, not when nothing there is open and there is a rail line right above the campground.   There are not many options in Pennsylvania in February, and I will want electricity, don't really want to boondock, so I decided on Twin Grove, which was once an amusement park, is open year round, and about 20 minutes from Hershey.

In June I will be doing a week long coaster event in St. Louis and then moving to Holiday World in Indiana.  Holiday World has its own campground, so I can knock off another amusement park campground the T@Bpole has been too.

In August it is off to Salt Lake City again.  I am thinking of routing to the north along I-90 on the way out, visiting Mt Rushmore and Devils Tower on the way, and then to the south, either along 40 or 70.  I really want to visit Durango and the Million Dollar Highway, something Becky has no interest in.  So, we will see.  I'll have just two weeks, so I really have to pick and choose what I want to do and keep moving.

What is everyone else's plans for 2016?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Houston - Austin - Vegas - San Diego - PCH LA Santa Cruz - San Fran; assuming CA drought is over as currently CA beaches require visitors to bring own water.
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Three months +  in the Southwest (Jan, Feb, March), a couple of Hoosier Tearjerker gatherings, and I will NOT be going to Alaska with my sister. I "think" I will be putting my house up for sale and downsizing to a condo (but, I'm a woman and that may change!), so I'll be spending time on more upgrades to my house either way. Decisions, decisions.....  At least I don't have to worry about selling my house from under me because I can live in my T@B while looking for a condo ;-)

Cyclonic, I hear Holiday World is great. I can't do those rides, so have fun!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Roller Coasters - wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    NO!  I have a type of motion sickness and you wouldn't want to be near me.......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Wooooa - You a Vometorium?
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Wooooa - You a Vometorium?
    Just with certain roller coaster type motions..... or trying to watch movies made while the camera person is moving.....ARGH ....YUCK!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    Here in Wyoming, first on our 2016 To Do List is basic winter survival until May.
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Retire. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    sabel - Hot Toddies will keep you warm.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    So far the only reservations I have are next Halloween at Disney. Will also probably go to DeSoto State Park in March, and Defeated Creek in TN in September. Hopefully Tearstock again next summer.  Other than that, have no clue.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Probably the Beavers Bend, Oklahoma, Teardrops and Tiny Trailers thing in April.  Somewhere out west during the summer--maybe all the way to Glacier and wherever else the wind blows me.  Would really like to go back to Silver Lake, Michigan.  Haven't yet decided about Tearstock.  It's a three-day drive with not much in between.  Maybe I could combine the last two.  Safe travels everyone.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Lander, Wyoming late June early july

Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Lander, Wyoming late June early july

That sounds awesome.

i would likemto take a long weekend but it will probablymbe T@bless. I might have a family wedding that would interrupt my normal fall trip. That might either leave me on the east coast for the fall trip or delay it to the SW Utah fall foliage season.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Trying to set up Mid May leaving for Oregon, Washington, Canadian fjords (north of Vancouver), east to Jasper in June and drifting back to bay area by mid July?  We'll see how it develops.
  • Options
    So far the only reservations I have are next Halloween at Disney. Will also probably go to DeSoto State Park in March, and Defeated Creek in TN in September. Hopefully Tearstock again next summer.  Other than that, have no clue.
    I don't think I will make Tearstock this year.  I came to the decision that I would like to drive to the event in Salt Lake City and see other things along the way, and that is going to take all of my time.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Yup, last month I rode #400 in Texas =)

Sterling, VA
  • Options
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    SLC has an amusement park, Lagoon, and is suppose to have a good coaster.  Never been there myself.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Cyclonic,

We have stayed at "Twin Groves" a couple of times and have enjoyed the experience.  Both times in July or August.  Should be interesting in February.  We recall level sites, but over all it is on the on the side of a hill.  
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    A couple of months in the Southern states this winter then a trip to the Western states this summer, leaving from Tearstock. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Allie the wooden roller coaster at Lagoon is no longer there. They tore it down this year. The metal ones are still there but not nearly as fun. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Cyclonic said:
    PXLated said:
    Yup, last month I rode #400 in Texas =)

But have you been on the coasters at Kennywood???

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    Delivery of my T@B expected in March/April.  1st reservation already made for a T@B gathering in Oregon in May, could possibly be the maiden voyage.  It's going to be a long winter wait.  Sometime I'll have to figure out how to do a signature.  

Deb  -  2016 T@B MaxS Silver w/Black, 2016 Black Toyota 4Runner & 2 Bulldogs.  

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    3 weeks at Yellowstone in June.
    1 week in Bouder Junction, WI (northern WI) in August.
    3 weeks at the Blackhills in September.
    Retired and live in Door County, WI.  We play here in the peak travel times in the summer.  Hiking, bicycling and kayaking.
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    I love Lake Rudolph campground at Holiday World.  I haven't been in a long time, though.  
    My 2016 plans include a possible trip to the Biloxi area in February, a trip to China in May (non-camping of course), a brief stay in Ohio for our son's September wedding, and the Coastal Caravan in October.  
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    normfun said:
    Allie the wooden roller coaster at Lagoon is no longer there. They tore it down this year. The metal ones are still there but not nearly as fun. 
    Rollercoaster is still there, still up and running.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    jkjenn said:

But have you been on the coasters at Kennywood???
    I wouldn't know how to find the place?

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    TABaker said:
    I love Lake Rudolph campground at Holiday World.  I haven't been in a long time, though.  
    My 2016 plans include a possible trip to the Biloxi area in February, a trip to China in May (non-camping of course), a brief stay in Ohio for our son's September wedding, and the Coastal Caravan in October.  
    If Tearstock happens next year, instead of heading straight there like I did last year, I'm still heading out the previous weekend, and will spend a few days at Lake Rudolph and Holiday World. It's slightly out of the way, but will add a new campground and theme park to my "list".
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    edited November 2015
    It will be our first summer with the T@B and we'll be easing into it, compared with some. If all goes well we'll have our camper in mid April and can spend some time outfitting it and camping in the driveway. We have reservations for Allegany State Park for Memorial Day weekend. I have tentative plans to camp at Cherry Springs Dark Sky Park in PA sometime this summer with a friend to do some stargazing and geocaching. Other than that we'll take the T@B out for a few fall foliage weekends. Unfortunately my husband has limited vacation time and we had already made travel plans for summer before deciding to get the T@B, so a trip to the ADKs won't happen until 2017.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York