Black Water Equipment Storage

Wondering where folks store their black water equipment; flex hoses, chemicals, gloves, rhino flex, etc...  Is there enough room (if it's stored in a contractor's garbage bag - or a dry bag) to put it in the compartment with the battery and propane tank?  The car I will tow with is a smaller SUV (Subaru Outback - 6 Cyl) and there's no place in it for that stuff!

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I store mine in the propane tank. I did a write up with photos here.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Mine (RhinoFlex) is in the propane cover also. The dump end nestled in the pvc holder.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My hoses and waste water clean-out hose piece are in the propane cover as well - I replaced my cover with a slightly larger diamond-plate bin. I had them all in an old plastic dog food bin with cover. I can tell you that mine began to smell in a sealed bin/container no matter how much I cleaned them (other people might not notice. I am very sensitive to smells). Even soaked the hoses in 10% bleach once. Cleaning them at the dump station and then allowing them to air dry in the propane cover has been the best solution. I cut ventilation into new bin just like the plastic one (but the new one has a floor). I have pictures of it in some thread. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited December 2015
    I bought a 64" black sewer hose holder and attached it to the passenger side of the tongue. There are air holes on the end caps for ventilation. My 15' Rhino flex hose and a 5' hose extension fit well in there. 

I was worried about bacteria in the diamond plate tub and so I chose this route. It's really rather easy to unscrew one end and pull the hose out. 

If you're interested, do a search on Amazon for a 64" sewer hose holder. Camping World only had white ones, so I had to order the black one from Amazon. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited December 2015
    We followed Verna, and added the storage tube from Camping World, mounting it in the back, behind the tire. All the hose attachments etc are in the propane bin. We used to keep it in the propane bin, and I think the propane box provided better ventilation for the hose. I believe air and drying is a good 'sanitizer' for such things. I think closing it up in a bag might promote bacteria growth.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    this is what I made for storage of the black water items. go to the first page to view the photo's.  http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1916/sewer-hose-storage-solution#latest
  • libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    I've found a metal fab guy who can make the hose tongue storage that Pop-T@B so ingeniusly created.  Do any of you know:  Will this modification affect my factory warranty - or any after market mod?  She's just sooo new, but there are many cool improvements I see here.
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    libertyo said:
    I've found a metal fab guy who can make the hose tongue storage that Pop-T@B so ingeniusly created.  Do any of you know:  Will this modification affect my factory warranty - or any after market mod?  She's just sooo new, but there are many cool improvements I see here.
    My guess would be no, it will not affect your warranty, as long as the structure and frame are not altered. I'm sure Pleasant Valley is closed this week and next, but feel free to call them and leave a message. Or just wait until the first week of the year and call then. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    Already sent msg to PV.  I really like that they've given their hardworking employees time off for Christmas!  My guy was quick to respond with a quote  ($400).  Now I'm hesitant. Aren't there screws thru the frame?   Maybe it would be better to have front utility platform installed instead - like on the Outback version.   Not as slick looking imho, but more space for all the hoses, and more stuff, in storage bins maybe?
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    libertyo said:
    Already sent msg to PV.  I really like that they've given their hardworking employees time off for Christmas!  My guy was quick to respond with a quote  ($400).  Now I'm hesitant. Aren't there screws thru the frame?   Maybe it would be better to have front utility platform installed instead - like on the Outback version.   Not as slick looking imho, but more space for all the hoses, and more stuff, in storage bins maybe?
    I ordered my S model with the aluminum platform and will bolt rubbermaid bins to them for storage. One for clean stuff and one for dirty (sewer) stuff. I thought about the tongue mod but since I plan to mount the spare on the tongue it would be inaccessible.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Photomom: I understand there are side mounts on the tongue for the wheel which would allow you to still do pop tabs tongue storage. I was hoping to do that.  
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I store my sewer hoses in the tongue area via PopT@B's idea that I implemented.  One thing I did change up for the front tongue lid was to use a stainless latch (that I op riveted in place) as opposed to using a lock & key as I have way too many keys now and the stainless latch mechanism works fine and I can access the area anytime I need to.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    ChanW said:
    We followed Verna, and added the storage tube from Camping World, mounting it in the back, behind the tire. All the hose attachments etc are in the propane bin. We used to keep it in the propane bin, and I think the propane box provided better ventilation for the hose. I believe air and drying is a good 'sanitizer' for such things. I think closing it up in a bag might promote bacteria growth.

Does the storage tube interfere with the raising of the landing pads?
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    No, no problem.

My DW did mention that putting the crank in the hole to drop the 'landing pads' was a little more difficult (you have to bend over a bit more to see the hole for the crank).

But that's her job. I'm on wheel chock duty.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya