Report in from the road!

So how's it going out there fellow travelers?  Would be nice to hear your current story, a snippet of where you are currently at and a few "real time" pics if you are so inclined to do so.  And as we remain home and feeling a bit jealous!    =)
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Not on the road but did just finish installing a LG Aluminum Platform and we are still married !! John and Kris
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
    Hope this worked I changed the size to 800 by 600 said it did it Hope so if it did not please let me know
    South Carolina
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Looks GREAT John!  You guys should be all set, awesome!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Awesome!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Thanks Jen. Actually it was fun for both of us. John
    South Carolina
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sunny Day playing "catch me if you can" in the white sand 

I've been having fun, taking my time getting to Arizona, just enjoying the scenery. I found Monahans Sandhills State Park on Texas is so simple, not crowded, and for some reason Sunny Day enjoys the white sands. She plays like a puppy, and seems disappointed when we go inside. 

The first morning I woke up to a T@B parked two spots ahead of me. The couple and their Doberman puppy were from Colorado, headed further south on TX. 

I can inderstand why the campsites are asphalt--so the workers can keep the sand swept from the campsites.  The sandhills are not as tall as Sleeping Bear in Michigan, nor Indiana Dunes, but the sand is white and fun to walk on 

I don't know if they use the windmill for water for the picnic area, but the wind turns the blades.

I love the lines in the sand. Even a small twig or pebble can change the lines. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Verna, Thank you for sharing.  Everything looks beautiful, Sunny Day in particular!

Gil
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Love sand dunes - Hard to find pristine ripples - at most, too many people and footprints unless you can hike in a ways.
    PXLated said:
    Love sand dunes - Hard to find pristine ripples - at most, too many people and footprints unless you can hike in a ways.
    Less than 100 ft from my campsite. I've only seen the pristine ripples once before at Pismo Beach, the first time Sunny Day played in the sand.  We've left a lot of foot prints, but the winds yesterday reformed the ripples. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Sunny Day is adorable!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

jkjenn said:
    Sunny Day is adorable!
    Thank you, Jenn. She is such a good girl, a great traveling companion. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Sunny Day is adorable!
    How do handle long driving days? Do you stop for long walk breaks? Take her out to walk or play before bed?

jkjenn said:
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Sunny Day is adorable!
    How do handle long driving days? Do you stop for long walk breaks? Take her out to walk or play before bed?
    She is almost 6 years old and doesn't need long, long walks. But, she's up for it in mild weather!  She is one of tge Shih Tzu's who overheat quickly. She would rather be cold that too hot.

She wants out every time I gas up and just wants to relieve herself. She expects a walk and some play in the afternoon and evening. She loves traveling, loves meeting new people...doesn't like new dogs, but is more interested in smaller dogs. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Verna said:
    jkjenn said:
    Sunny Day is adorable!
    She is almost 6 years old and doesn't need long, long walks. But, she's up for it in mild weather!  She is one of tge Shih Tzu's who overheat quickly. She would rather be cold that too hot.

She wants out every time I gas up and just wants to relieve herself. She expects a walk and some play in the afternoon and evening. She loves traveling, loves meeting new people...doesn't like new dogs, but is more interested in smaller dogs. 
    Rocky still needs some time to play and exercise as he's just about 15 months. He sleeps most of the time I am driving and has been patient while I break camp. Last weekend I took him a walk in the cold and he was very happy with it but also happy to get into the warm T@b when we were done.

I hope to get lots of practice in before we do a multi day trip.

J.D. That is so cold  :o
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    You are lucky we don't report you to the ASPCT!
    American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to T@Bs.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
    That's what my T@B would have looked like if I hadn't fled.
    My kind of weather. =)

• jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 78
    Our 11yr old golden retriever Holly loved our 3 week fall t@bin adventure. She thought meeting new people and dogs and deer and exploring new places was so much fun. I guess the thing she really enjoyed was sleeping with us on the bed near the cracked open window. Just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks. Now she wouldn't think of sleeping on her own bed at home.
    Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/
    And we're glad it's yours - We'll all ship you ours ;-)
    Oh, that's right, I don't have any to ship anymore - Yea!
    PXLated said:
    And we're glad it's yours - We'll all ship you ours ;-)
    Oh, that's right, I don't have any to ship anymore - Yea!
    And it's finally landing here! I took Rocky over to check out 3 new campgrounds (free camping) in Ohio today and he loved it when we took a walk in the snow. It isn't deep yet, but I have high hopes for a snowy birthday.

• libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33

Just got home from 3 nights @McKinney Falls SP, smack dab in the middle of Austin.  This is winter camping in central Texas - 30's at night and 40's to 70's during the day.  Never can tell if you should pack parkas or tank tops!  No snow or sand here tho!  
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    Cool! Hoping to get out to McKinney Falls soon myself.

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
    elmeaux, McKinney upper falls and trails still closed from October flooding mess.  We had to wade across Onion Creek lower falls area (knee deep) to get to Homestead Trail hiking.  Pretty, but I've never camped where you can hear highway traffic so close, makes me sad to see more and more new developments hemming in wildlife habitat - coyotes howling close!  
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
  • elmeauxelmeaux Member Posts: 44
    Honestly, I'm looking forward to less "outdoorsy" activities and more "keep Austin weird" on that trip. :) 

2016 M@x S Sofitel - The T@bahoula
    elmeaux said:
    Honestly, I'm looking forward to less "outdoorsy" activities and more "keep Austin weird" on that trip. :) 
    McKinney Falls is perfect for exploring Austin.  You'll find plenty of what you're looking for.  Can't wait to hear your report on music, food, graffiti art and other assorted weirdness!  
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Driving around the beach areas in Navarre, Ft. Walton, Destin

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
    I love those white, white beaches!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    LOVE these pics everyone!!!!  Can't wait to get moved to Arizona so I can get my T@B on the road again.  Unlike JK Jenn, I DO NOT like snow.
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)