Options

Dump stations vs hook up re sewer use

i have watch many more "dump station use" videos than I ever imagined, or hoped, to view. How do these procedures differ from the regular use at a site with sewer hook up available? 

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Alan said:
    i have watch many more "dump station use" videos than I ever imagined, or hoped, to view. How do these procedures differ from the regular use at a site with sewer hook up available? 
    The only difference is that you can connect the grey tank and leave it open while you camp with full hook-UPS. Otherwise, it's the same.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Is that the normal procedure? Leaving the gray valve open?

I ask because I've wondered if it makes sense to be 'venting' the campsite's dump tank back through your hose through your tank and vent. There's no trap in between the CG's tank and the Tab.

Does that matter?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited January 2016
    ChanW said:

I ask because I've wondered if it makes sense to be 'venting' the campsite's dump tank back through your hose through your tank and vent. There's no trap in between the CG's tank and the Tab.

Does that matter?
    Watch the video for a great tip and "the best of both worlds!"  

https://youtu.be/dslcXoydeY4?t=18
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    OrygunOrygun Member Posts: 17
    I never leave the trap open. I let the tanks fills a bit, then dump them daily or every other day just like you would at a dump station. But I do stay connected, then you just have to turn a valve. Don't like to take the chance of noxious fumes entering my teeny trailer.
  • Options
    Mike, I'm thinking y you had something else in mind for that video? It's kind of short and sweet...
    ChanW said:

Does that matter?
    Watch the video for a great tip and "the best of both worlds!"  

https://youtu.be/jvm6bIGpWXc?t=5

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ChanW said:

Does that matter?
    I have never had an issue. I did it for 5 days at Ridgway last fall. I only have an 11 gal gray tank, so it saves me constantly opening and closing.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    ChanW said:
    Mike, I'm thinking y you had something else in mind for that video? It's kind of short and sweet...

Chan - for whatever reason the original link was omitted.   I cleaned up my original post and this was the video I intended to share.

https://youtu.be/dslcXoydeY4?t=18
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Thanks Mike. That put the question (and answer) much more clearly. I thought there might be a 'stink' problem.

The Tab's vent is low, doesn't have the advantage of coming out the roof, so the wrong wind direction might spoil the old singin'-around-the-campfire atmosphere, so to speak.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Since I usually use risers there is a natural P trap. That's probably why I have never had an issue.

• Options
    Yeah, that p-trap idea in the video is excellent.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya