Options

Coyote Howls next weekend

Doesn't this just warm your bones (although I wanted to try out the Alde)?!  Will be nice meeting you next weekend!

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Doesn't this just warm your bones (although I wanted to try out the Alde)?!  Will be nice meeting you next weekend!

I can tell you that just before sun-up, you may want to turn the Alde on for a few minutes!  Even Sunny Day appreciates it.  I appreciate it for my shower. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    So, there's two "wino women" and two that prefer malt gonna be there. Anyone else?
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I'm gonna be there.  Heck, I love malt AND wine.  I'm not particular.  I even like box wine.  Hope to see other T@BBERs.  Just want to get my ClemenT@B out for a camping trip.  I had to tow her to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division today for a VIN check and to get her new Arizona license plate.  She is ready to camp!  I am ready to camp!!!!! 
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Beth - I included you in the "wino women" class along with Verna :-)
  • Options
    S-W-E-E-T!  I will be there with my box wine.  :):):)  AND hiking boots.
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    I'll be there too! I'm heading down on Wednesday afternoon. Agree with Verna about a little post dawn heat...the mornings have been chilly so far. Do we have any get togethers planned??
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The Annual Coyote Howls Valentines Day Gathering is put on by the Arizona Roundup Group. There is a Valentine's Day Dance at the Why Community Center on Friday night, a garage sale type of event at the Community Center on Saturday.  

There will be vintage campers, teardrops and tow vehicles, a unique Caboose camper from Illinois, a CampIn Teardrop, a gentleman named Bud who builds teardrops and creates rat rods, and a sprinkling of T@B's.  Great people will attend the snnual event, 

I enjoyed walking around the many acres of Coyote Howls Campground looking at the inventive solar arrays and the unique lawn decorations. I know there are hiking paths outside of the Coyote Howls property, but I have not hiked them. I'm sure Carol will know where they are.

Last year there was evidence of many burros walking through the campground at night, but I didn't see them. Expect a chorus of coyotes howling to their hearts content during the night. 

There will be the traditional pot luck dinner on Saturday night. Gila Bend, at the intersection of I-8 and AZ 85 is the last town with a sizeable grocery store. But, it's not so far away that you can't make a run there to get sonething for the pot luck on Saturday. It slso appears there is now an Ace Hardware and an IGA in Ajo, which is less than 10 miles away. 

There is also a nightly campfire. I inderstand Bill and Charlotte could not make it this year due to illness, so I'm sure donations of campfire wood would be appreciated. I have my propane Little Red Campfire for those who don't appreciate the campfire smoke.

I highly recommeny the 21 mile driving tour at Organ Pipe National
    Park (or is it Monument?). It's gorgeous!  You don't need a 4x4, but you do not want to tow your T@B!  

And the last thing on the agenda is to just enjoy yourselves and have fun!

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Have fun as I am envious!   B)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Ahhhhh - So it's a big annual get together not just you gals.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Verna - Do you need to make reservations, or can one just show up.  I may not be able to get there until Saturday morning.  Is there a website with more info?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    No reservations (I believe) - Beth and I are leaving Tucson and following each other there on Friday. Will scout out the area when we arrive to find a place to set up.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Is the "T@B Tribe" hoping to be in all one place - or just camp wherever?

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Frank, when you check in, ask to be directed to the annual Arizona Round Up/teardrop area. We'll be around Charlotte and Bill's permanent site, even though they will not be there. I should be there earlier in the week if my tire shopping trip goes well. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    Frank, here is the info from the AZ Roundup website under EVENTS.  Hope everyone has a good time.  Sounds like fun.  If Carol Reed from Las Vegas makes it down there, tell here I said "HI".

Event: Why Gathering
    When:  February 12th - February 14th 2016
    Where:  Coyote Howls East Park - 255 South Hwy 86, Why Arizona
    Description:  Tear Drop and Vintage Trailer Gathering
    Fees:  $8.00 a night
    Special Events:  No preplanned special events
    Specific Contact Information: Please contact Bud at (602) 743-2334 for more information
    Special Information:  None
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    And, there are no designated campsites in the area we will be. As I was told the first time I camped there "park anywhere, as long as you don't run over the vegetation or the water spigots".
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - So it's like boondocking, dispersed parking.
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I'm coming and I'm looking forward to meeting the Tucson girls. You can put me in the wino category. I didn't know it was a tear drop and vintage trailer gathering. Cool. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - So it's like boondocking, dispersed parking.
    Good definition. Water is available, small buildings (4 or 5 for 600 campsites) with flush toilets and pay showers, and park where you want...to a certain extent. Pay at the office as you come in. Cash or checks only, by the way--just like LTVA (Long Term Visitor Areas)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Verna said:
    ... I should be there earlier in the week if my tire shopping trip goes well. 
    Happy dance, Verna.  I have been concerned about your tires and was hoping you wouldn't try to make the return trip home without replacing them.  Good luck.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I have two Carlisle's waiting for me in Buckeye, AZ, Larry. Two very good friends changed the right one to the spare. I talked to a utility trailer guy and he told me the tires had more miles on them than I thought. Nothing is wrong with the axle (thank goodness!). Who knows, maybe my gas mileage might improve!  Thanks for your concern ;-)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PitPat and Cbarnhill and Verna --So cool you guys can make it!  Can't wait to see you guys since I wasn't able to make it to Pleasant Lake.  It will be a blast. :):)
  • Options
    PITPATPITPAT Member Posts: 32
    Beth, so glad you are able to make the event! It promises to be fun and I look forward to finally getting to meet  :)
    Patty
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2015 T@B CS-S Maxx  being towed by Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    it's so cool you back east gals (Patty, Cindy, Verna and Beth) can all meet up in AZ.  You will be close to Mexico, if you need prescriptions or dental work you can get them there at a much lesser cost.  A friend of mine from Lake Havasu goes down for her COPD meds and it saves her a ton.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Do you need a current passport to do the Mexico thing?
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Do you need a current passport to do the Mexico thing?
    Yes
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    That's what I thought - Now where did I pack mine so I can check - Hmmmmmmm.
  • Options
    My camping buddies went for dental care last week. They parked on this side and walked across.  They even had authentic Mexican lunch!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    csturcstur Member Posts: 26
    I wish we could come, Scot isn't up for another trip south yet. Lots of folks go to Mexico for prescriptions and dental work. I hear the dentists are very good. Stay safe, don't take any guns across the border they will arrest you and we'll never see you again. Carol
    Carol, Shingletown, CA, 2015 T@B M@xx-Q Silver/Black, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Options
    Walking into MX is probably a good idea.  If your auto ins. doesn't cover you there, then there are places on this side that will sell you coverage for a day or more.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Allie said:
    Frank, here is the info from the AZ Roundup website under EVENTS.  Hope everyone has a good time.  Sounds like fun.  If Carol Reed from Las Vegas makes it down there, tell here I said "HI".

Event: Why Gathering
    When:  February 12th - February 14th 2016
    Where:  Coyote Howls East Park - 255 South Hwy 86, Why Arizona
    Description:  Tear Drop and Vintage Trailer Gathering
    Fees:  $8.00 a night
    Special Events:  No preplanned special events
    Specific Contact Information: Please contact Bud at (602) 743-2334 for more information
    Special Information:  None
    By the way, the fee is $9/night.  It sure is quiet out here ;-). My T@B got her new feet today without a hitch!  A much smoother ride, too. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN