Options

Hot Water Tease

After dewinterizing, we get hot water for about five seconds. Heat works fine. We did the reset described on the forum. Checked all fuses, even ones under the Alde cover. All of the water lines are in Camping mode. To make matters worse, the campground has no hot water either. We get the same results on gas. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited March 2016
    kybob said:
    After dewinterizing, we get hot water for about five seconds. Heat works fine. We did the reset described on the forum. Checked all fuses, even ones under the Alde cover. All of the water lines are in Camping mode. To make matters worse, the campground has no hot water either. We get the same results on gas. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    What happens if you reverse the hot water bypass?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    We've turned bypass on and off. We've turned the mixer all the way to hot. The Alde is warm. When I lifted the cushion to access it, the unit was warm. It's a 2016 S Max.

• Options
    St Bob: Affirmative. No hot water. Thanks. We have heat. No hot water.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    kybob, ry turning down your thermostat dial when trying to use hot water. Not sure if that's the issues, but the Alde USA website has this Q&A:

"Why am I not getting hot water or why isn't the water very hot?" The control panel is set for constant circulation pump operation, which means that all the power is being used to run the heating system.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    sgkramarsgkramar Member Posts: 9
    Sorry, no ideas you haven't tried -- but I have the exact same issue. Same trailer, same year, dewinterized, set everything back where it should be, heat works fine, but no hot water. Could it be the hot water tank has too much air in it? If so, how do you get it out?
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited March 2016
    I would think if you left the cold faucets closed and just ran the hot faucet that if it had air you'd hear sputtering or would get nothing. Question though - is there a drain for that hot water tank (I can't recall), if so, could it be running out so you never get the tank full and all you're getting is the fresh cold water entering it?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    There is a drain -- t's a safety valve that is in the cold water line just as it enters the heater. But, it's closed and not leaking (no water dripping under camper).

Yes, the water seems to come out of the faucet just fine, so the water tank must be full. Cold water comes in the bottom of the tank and hot water (well, it isn't hot) comes out the top.
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    And you're sure you have the thermostat controls set right? Weird, wish I had an answer :-(
  • Options
    ST_Bob - Sounds like those would be for the "digital" thermostat. Don't think there's an "ignore" on the analog.
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the comments. I talked to Ed at PV. He wants to replace the hot cold mixer nob. I drained both lines and the hot water tank today, hoping that refilling would do the trick. The showers at the park we're in are horrible, so a cold shower was better than no shower. At least I'm still under warranty.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Well, wife got back from trip and I took a look. It appears my problem may have been the left fuse in the control panel on the heater itself. Don't know why it would have blown. Waiting to see if water will warm up now or not. 

PS: that was my problem. Hot water on tap now. 
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    I replaced both fuses on the heater just hoping that would do it. No luck. I'm glad you were able to get it working again

• Options
    A new hot water mixer valve installed at the factory solved the problem. Thank you for all of your suggestions!

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Glad you got it fixed ky! Sg, remember to turn off the sliders (if analog thermostat) or turn off the digital one before disconnecting from shore power and breaking camp. Seems many times, those fragile, fast-blow fuses can blow when camp is being set up and the Alde thermostat has been left on. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    I'm having the same problem.   I get about 2 seconds of hot water then none.   I've not investigated yet, could you tell me where the mixer valve is located.  thank you :) 
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    Norbert, look under the driver side benches. It's more than likely near the Alde unit under the back bench (it varies depending on the camper). I actually found out I don't have one (which is fine with me).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    And it should have a knob for adjusting hotter/colder.
    I don't have one but saw a pic of it here on the forum - boo, was that you who posted that?
  • Options
    Oh... and some knobs just have a plus-minus sign. Towards the "plus" is adding hot water.
  • Options
    I have a 2016 Max S, and this is the mixing valve in mine. I've seen pictures of other valves that look quite different. It wasn't obvious to me how to adjust the valve, so I fiddled with it until I figured it out. Cold water enters from right, hot from left, and mixed temp water exits toward the bottom. I never could get consistently hot water until I turned the valve to 100% hot, which is how I leave it all the time now. I think the valve is unnecessary.
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    The above picture is the one that was replaced in mine. 

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Mine...2016 Sofitel Maxx S delivered to dealer 7/2016
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    You mean 7/2015? Per my VIN tag mine was manufactured 7/2015, so ours must have been built within a few weeks of each other. 
    2016 T@B Max S
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2016
    Yes, sorry, 2016 model delivered 7/2015 and like you, I now just have it cranked all the way in the opposite direction of how it is pictured. As pictured, I only get cold water.
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.