Options

Water pressure issue. Did length search, but found no answer.

Have new 2016 Outback S.  Water pressure seems fine at sink, but shower pressure comes and goes.  It's hard to get shampoo out of my hair.  Sometimes pressure is moderate, then almost nothing.  It sort of spits for a bit, then flows for a time.  We DO use a water pressure regulator and water filter.  I open city water spigot fully.  Very frustrating.  Any suggestions? Thnking of trying different shower head.  I followed dewinterizing pictures carefully, although our valve knobs only go about halfway, cmoared to the pucture in terms of on/off.
B@t T@b, the 2016 Max S Outback, pulled by Bane, the 2014 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Are you turning on the pump switch located next to the sink?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    @OutbackAZ.  Thought I didn't need pump when on city water.  Is that wrong?  If that IS wrong, maybe turning on pump will help!
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2016
    Sounds a LOT like there's air in the (pumped) system...and/or the Alde.  I learned to prime/pre-load the pumped lines before we take off (i.e. not loading them up with a hose and city water).  Cure would be to just let them run for a while...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    No, you do not need the pump switch when connected to city water.

Try unscrewing the shower head and the faycet gead to see if there are PVC shavings or dirt clogging the screen. (If that was the problem, check the filter at the water pump be ause it probably has stuff on the screen, too).

I only turn the city water on with about 1/2 pressure. Then I check pressure at the sink. If not enough, I turn the city water on a bit more. I have never turned the pressure all of the way up.

You can also remove your water filter to see if the pressure changes. 

And, don't get mad, make sure the arrows are going the correct wat on the pressure regulator and water filter.   
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    OutbackAZ said:
    Are you turning on the pump switch located next to the sink?
    DOH! I've been Boondocking too long to chime in on city water questions. Sorry.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    RedufresneRedufresne Member Posts: 100
    @DurangoTaB and @Verna. Thank you!  I will work on both plans suggested and see if that does the trick.  I had a faucet not work in another RV due to dirt in the screen, so that part sounded familiar.  It will be easy to run the water to remove air, too.
  • Options
    ADKersADKers Member Posts: 13
    When filling, keep a faucet open to allow air to escape from the lines.  We're newbies too, but that tip was helpful. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I noticed more air in the lines, especially after the hot water last weekend. I attribute it to de-winterizing.  I blew through my small 5 gal freshwater tank pretty quickly while the air worked out.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    To Jenn's point...I discovered the hard way last year, at camp, that the Alde water tank holds 2+ gallons, a lot when your FW tanks is only 5!  Hence my procedure to fill that tank and the lines before I leave.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    @ST_Bob The Alde bleeds automatically. In some cases manual bleeding is necessary, but it generally takes care of itself by turning off the circulation pump.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @ST_Bob From the Alde USA manual:

• Options
    ST_Bob, I can only tell you that from my own experience, I have had not needed to manually bleed, once... and I am going into my third year of ownership. I have hot water radiator heat at when so I can tell when a system needs to be bled.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Water pressure shouldn't be more than 50 psi or you'll start blowing the water lines at their connections (BTDT in popup days of yore). That is the max amount! Optimal is 40 and yes, I know it isn't house-pressure and it would be nice if the water lines could handle more, but it's tolerable.

I found out my house water pressure probably needs a regulator on it like my old house in TX had, except it makes for an awesome shower lol. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    @Redufresne it couldn't hurt to close and open your valves one more time. It would take about 30 seconds.