T@B University

ZTabZTab Member Posts: 18
edited June 2017 in Teardrop Groups & Links
Since we got our T@b in February I feel like I've been enrolled in T@b University with courses in Table 101, Solar Panels Discussion, Grey and Black water Lab and Batteries for Beginners. I've done my homework installing cabinet supports, removing the table, putting up command hooks.... my question is now when do I graduate? Two trips so far but looking forward to a big trip to Glacier this summer, maybe that will be the final exam? Thanks for all of your help forum folks!
McKinleyville, CA  T@b S Max Subaru Outback  "Poppy"

Comments

• RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Ha, you may quituate, but you'll never graduate.  It's a lifetime study course.  Enjoy.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, takes years and many trips to graduate.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Patience, young padawan. There is much more to learn!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You will need to finish up some of your prerequisite course work before we will allow you to enroll in the journeyman program and once that is completed you can move on to the masters program and the board will consider your merit accomplishments and certification therein!   =)

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    ROFL! Ok.. I think the TearDrop shop or some entrepreneur needs to make stickers and certificates now.....
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ZTabZTab Member Posts: 18
    I guess its back to the books.......
    McKinleyville, CA  T@b S Max Subaru Outback  "Poppy"
  • larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    Not sure how a person behind me would react to a sticker that says "T@B-U"!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    How about merit badges?  Webelos badges.  
    mash2 - What, ya get a merit badge for your first dump? What will that badge look like?
    On second thought, I don't want to know.
  • mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I rest my case.   Sounds like a perfect approach to T@B university.  think of the other badges... (maybe it's best not to think about them).
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Computer/electronics hackers have skills badges like these. How fun if there were T@B badges!

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
    edited April 2016
    *snort* T@B-U lolololol.....

These are just 10 preliminary "Firsts" - coursework can be customized for the family or solo camper, full-time, or weekend warrior. Final basic coursework is subject to change at any time. Pictures are often required (please keep them Rated-G). Embarrassing videos by others can mitigate or enhance bonus work. Assume pictures are needed unless otherwise indicated.

Firsts:
    1. Successful dump (must follow agreed upon SOP for the process - discussions on the SOP complexity have been in heated debates - please be patient while some details are ironed-out). Picture requirements are being hotly debated.
    2. Solo awning, tent, and visor setup (bonuses are considered for wind conditions, geographic obstacles and unique locations)
    3. "In-the-middle-of-the-night-during-freezing temps" propane tank swap. No pictures or videos required. 
    4. To kill the dealer's cheap battery provided (disqualified for badge if custom ordered battery/batteries provided) - picture requirements being discussed.
    5. To successfully determine your power needs for boondocking and have the correct battery/solar needs in place. No pictures required, but excel spreadsheets are considered for bonus certifications.

Note: This is also called "Beginning Boondocking" badge. T@B/T@G University has yet to determine the coursework for the journeyman level of this specialty major due to the difficulty in finding the currently boondocking SMEs (subject matter experts). A special contest is being set up to get someone to create a cross-platform phone app to find the boondocking SMEs. A master's level major is being considered.

6. To exceed a yet-to-be-determined Zombie threshold number in one continuous 3-day camping period (other time periods are being considered as well as milestone locations of the zombie attacks, e.g. gas stations, during meals/cooking, setup/breakdown of camp). Some of these are being considered for the journeyman level due to complexity of the zombie mentality.
    7. First zombie to T@B University convert.
    8. Color-coordination badges - This leads into a journeyman certification level due to the complexity and diversity of the subject matter. A major at the master's level may lead to Special Editions offered by the factory.
    9. First successful backup (with and without witnesses) into a campsite. Backup difficulties and all obstacles will be considered, including distractions such as over-excited furkids and people and/or children that are barking/screaming opposing directions at the same time. Special subcategory of a spouse, friend, sibling or SO that stays out of line-of-sight screaming "that way! no, the other way!" repeatedly.
    10. First successful winterizing and de-winterizing (extreme measures to protect your camper systems during sudden weather shifts are considered).
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    HA! Love it.
    Add:
    • "Successfully replacing plumbing part or parts after having unsuccessfully winterized"
    • "Posting message or messages on Tab Forum describing a mod or repair, even if it doesn't quite work right afterwards"

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited April 2016
    ZTab, I'd say the only thing you need, to know that you've become a graduate, is to answer a 'newby' question on the forum, particularly if you can sound like you know what you're talking about.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    Yes, that last part is the key - sounding like you know what you're talking about :-)
  • cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Ok. I have attended 2 RVW rallies where 20+ wanted to see inside the tab and 2 more at the dump station. And, Since we don't winterize in AZ, I have completed 9 of the 10 "firsts". (Assuming "successful backup" means you eventually got it somewhat in place without damaging anything or anybody). I want my stinkin badge.
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
    Badges are handed out by Mike once every five years in Nome, Alaska. - Show up and you've got your stinkin badge ;-)
  • Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @Ratkity, I nearly peed myself reading your post and thinking about the little icons on those patches.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
    @Ratkity, I nearly peed myself reading your post and thinking about the little icons on those patches.
    Ok.. even if hand-drawn, I wanna see your ideas!  =)
  • Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Ratkity said:
    Ok.. even if hand-drawn, I wanna see your ideas!  =)
    I'm thinking about breaking out my old sign/design equipment and working up some "badge" decals.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
    There needs to be a "First time waking up to surprise snow storm" one too! That one is easy. A snow flake with the inches of snow endured embroidered on it. It has to be different from our 4-season hearty campers who just go out and hang in Donner Pass for funsies. :)
    I'll never get that one - It'll be a cherished blank spot on my badge belt.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Let's see:
     Anderson leveler, bed slats, 4" memory foam mattress [O-YEAH!], foot for wheel, propane gauge, Rhino hose for the dirty water stuff, Bye-Bye to the table, cool tent & trailer cover [ bought these two used for $850.00 for both, used twice!], and yesterday, a [to us] new TV- 2006 Avalanche Z71 LT. Love it!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Oh, yeah, almost forgot, 100amp Renogy suitcase solar panel.[Still working on the cable part, Honey-Do list got in the way!]
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    Mike, I like your "Jack of all Trades" but you left off, "Master of None"
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I know of at least three T@Bers that have probably graduated after rebuilding their floors themselves (two bought floors from PV, the third built a new floor from scratch).
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • dundonsdundons Member Posts: 36
    @ZTab, elaborate on your aforementioned cabinet supports and command hooks- what are these?
     2016 T@B CS/ 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
    edited June 2016
    dundons said:
    @ZTab, elaborate on your aforementioned cabinet supports and command hooks- what are these?
    @dundons I'll try to find the links to the discussions. I'm "Search Function" impaired, but will come back and do a post edit when I find them!

This one discusses the merits of a spring-loaded support vs spring http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/39549/#Comment_39549

Midway down the thread Wanderloo posted a pdf of the "springs" in the cabinet installation. 

Good luck on your mod!! One of the easiest ones I did and one I constantly smile about when I open the top cabinet and don't have to hold it open with my hand and/or forehead (I'm 5'6"), or worse... have it knock me in the head!

Ok, there's got to be a badge for using our forum search function and actually finding what you want!! 
    That should be a double badge - One for trying and a second if successfull.