Options

Are you happy with your LG T@B

2»

Comments

• Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    LOVE my Tabby. First RV after years of tenting. My CS is perfect. And my dealer was super helpfull. 10% down. Ordered Nov 2014. Picked it up in Feb 2015
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    We are very happy campers.   We were tenters for many years and then a small teardrop for a few years and have always preferred longer road trips.   We bought our first T@B, a 2014 model off a dealer lot.   When it developed water leakage problems, I brought it to Pleasant Valley for warranty repairs which the factory certainly stood behind.  Between model years, we upgraded to a 2015 S M@x.   We love the upgrades and got to choose the color we wanted.   We love everything about the T@B and look forward to many memorable travels.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    jkjenn said:
    SAM said:
    Just curious, what are the usual % requirements for a deposit for your T@b order?  Also, Jenn, did you consider the Canton RV dealer here in Ohio?  They are even closer to the factory.
    My dealer did not want any more than $500. I offered more, he said no.

Interesting. Miller in PA told me they want 75% of the total before they even place an order. That doesn't sound reasonable to me.
    I know dealers will all be different; I also realize that I'll probably need to travel 4+ hours to speak with more dealerships since there's only 1 within an hour from me.
    What is a reasonable amount down? 
    I'll probably finance about 1/4 the total. 

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Our deposit at ordering was $2000, an even number close to 10%. In no case would I have made a deposit for more than the limit at small claims court. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    That makes more sense to me. 
    Did your t@b ever arrive, Photomom?!

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    That makes more sense to me. 
    Did your t@b ever arrive, Photomom?!
    Picked up yesterday, pics and story later!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Finally! Congrats! 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    TA DAH! Congrats& have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DeeDeeDeeDee Member Posts: 115

Our dealer asked for $500 and I'd say after one 2.5week trip we are pleased. Even if my husband is too tall for the T@B, we make it work. 
    DeeDee & The Captain
    2016 Orange MaxQ
    Henry's Fork River, Eastern Idaho

• Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    I like ours so far after a few trips and doing a few modification to suit my taste better.  I am 6'-4" tall and the wife is a little squirt at 5'-2".  The T@B fits her perfectly.  I am ok but I do use a collapsable foot stool at Night on the door side of the bed.  I set it up and put one of the side cushions on it and it is the same height as the bead.  This give me an extra foot of length and keeps the wife out of the refrigerator at night ;0)   This simple fix works quite well for me.  The rest of the time I am usually out side or lounging inside.

We did have to get rid of that factory table and install bed slats.

When it is my turn to cook or do the dishes, I just sit on the edge of the bench or use my foot stool.  Tall people typically have long arms and I can reach almost everything from the bench or from the foot stool.

Here is the foot stool I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Songmics-Leather-Storage-Portable-ULSF101/dp/B00PAG7VK6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1463669289&sr=8-9&keywords=collapsible+foot+stool
    Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67

I absolutely love my LG T@b. My previous travel trailer was a 1965 canned ham that I fixed up-as much as I loved her, there were just too many quirks with regard to setting up, towing, lack of bathroom, etc. With my T@b,  I have camped in snow, rain, straight line winds, 90 degree heat, and have a great local RV repair place to do any minor things like winterizing as I bought my T@b off the lot in Madison Wis-over 300 miles away.  I think the key is being honest about your own goals for camping, what the Ta@b's limitations are, as well as what you yourself are willing to experience. 

2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    Jo_chrisJo_chris Member Posts: 21
    New to the teardrop world and  have spent three nights in our T@B. (Still trying to come up with a cute name.) So far we love everything about it. We have experienced a couple of glitches but figured that comes with the territory. We are sailors and although we don't own a sailboat have rented a lot and my in laws own one. There is always stuff that goes wrong and lots of maintenance and tinkering.

I am always surprised when I hear that people are unhappy with the size of the T@B and having to make and unmake the bed. It is, after all, a teardrop trailer. I think maybe renting one before purchase would be a good idea. We rented a pop-up and although we enjoyed the experience, we live in the north east and the dealer said the pop ups usually get moldy...no thank you. Had been coveting the Airstream Bambi and while doing some research came across the T@B.  The price point, quality, and cuteness factor sold us! Oh plus our hipster nieces and nephews think we are very cool.