Options

Are you happy with your LG T@B

I for one am very happy with our LG T@B purchase. We have had virtually no issues in the nearly year and a half of ownership. On most forums there are plenty of threads pertaining to customers problems, and that is great. It is a terrific way to get help and solve problems. All RVs are subject to needing things fixed from time to time. Anything that spends a lot of its time bouncing down the highway would. I would just like to pat LG on back for producing a quality product. They ain't cheep but you get what you pay for in most cases.
i would love to see a national T@B owners association something like Air Stream has or had. Then we could set up local chapters. That way we could have more organized get to gathers with like minded folks. Just some personal thoughts and MHO.
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Couldn't be happier!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Happy camper, here'

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Happy!
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Happy! Happy! Happy!

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
    If I knew then what I know now ( a year later ) I'd still buy the T@B. It's perfect for us. That said however, I'd have tried to pick a different Dealer. They had no experience with T@B's and botched about everything they put their hands on. Here's my if only I'd known list:
    1. Recearch dealers as much as rv's. Plan on making a long trip or two.
    2. If you can't find what you want on the lot, which is best, assume it will take one year to order from factory. Don't get impatient. 
    3. Don't put down a big deposit to order, and when it arrives, take several days to look it over before purchase. Make sure everything was installed properly. It won't be.
    4. Learn all you can about the T@B before that first outing. Driveway camping is best.
    5. Black trim will crack from expansion / contraction. Pick a light color. We did but got impatient and settled for what arrived on lot first.
    6. Move to Ohio, it's closer to the Factory.
  • Options
    @Sabel - I agree about researching dealers. If I had it to do again, I would have driven to Columbus. Let me add that if it is someone's first RV, take the time to learn about using and maintaining your RV battery. My first few trips would have been so much easier had I understood battery management.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    sabel said:
    1. Don't put down a big deposit to order
    Yeah, our dealer suggested that lots of people pay in full when the trailer is ordered. Umm, no.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Just curious, what are the usual % requirements for a deposit for your T@b order?  Also, Jenn, did you consider the Canton RV dealer here in Ohio?  They are even closer to the factory.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    It appears that many T@B buyers are also first time RV buyers as well. All of the systems in your T@B are the same as those in the majority of all RVs on the road today, and have changed very little in the last 30 to 40 years. The Alde system being one exception. Solar has also seen great improvements. RVing is definitely a learning experience everything from backing up to dumping your holding tanks. In my case the longer I RV the more I learn and the more I enjoy it. That being said it may not be for everyone. If you are not having fun it may not be for you. If I could afford to travel first class and stay in 5 star hotels I probably would. Then again maybe not. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Dalehelman, Thanks for posting.  I'm more than happy with our T@B, and am concerned that prospective owners see a distorted proportion of complaints and complications to satisfied owners.  While those complaints and complications published here are important learning issues, it should also be important to keep them in perspective. 
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    Yes, yup, and uh-huh.

We've eyeballed campers over 20+ of tenting. Our T@B was the first we'd ever seen, and we knew immediately that was what we were looking for!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    gilbutler - Yep - Keep the perspective.
  • Options
    vitovito Member Posts: 181
    It's now almost a year with my T@b and so far it's a bit of a mixed bag. This camper is amazing for what it is and I have been very positively impressed. But the small size brings with it compromises I'm not sure I want to have to make. Changing back and forth from bed to dinette is more hassle than I like. The add-a-room tent is great for the space it gives you but setting it up, especially in bad weather is a real challenge. And RV'ing is a mixed bag. We've found some great campgrounds and met a lot of nice folks but some campgrounds have been a disaster. I find that driving at 60 in a 75 zone is driving me to distraction. Money saved on motels is offset in doubling of gas costs. So right now I am still undecided if RV travel is for me, if maybe I need to get a motorhome or larger trailer (and tow vehicle), or maybe just give the T@b a bit more time for me to grow into. I will say, however, that compared to other smaller travel trailers the T@b is the Rolls Royce of the industry. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • Options
    SAM said:
    Just curious, what are the usual % requirements for a deposit for your T@b order?  Also, Jenn, did you consider the Canton RV dealer here in Ohio?  They are even closer to the factory.
    My dealer did not want any more than $500. I offered more, he said no.

It appears that many T@B buyers are also first time RV buyers as well. All of the systems in your T@B are the same as those in the majority of all RVs on the road today, and have changed very little in the last 30 to 40 years. The Alde system being one exception. Solar has also seen great improvements. RVing is definitely a learning experience everything from backing up to dumping your holding tanks. In my case the longer I RV the more I learn and the more I enjoy it. That being said it may not be for everyone. If you are not having fun it may not be for you. If I could afford to travel first class and stay in 5 star hotels I probably would. Then again maybe not. 

Agreed. Everyone will make first time mistakes (and make them more than once.) You are right about most things being standard, but an RV manufacturer has the opportunity to differentiate themselves by making things as easy for the first-timer, as possible, especially if they are considered to be marketing towards an entry-level customer. LG/PV appear to be doing that to the best of their ability by cultivating good customer relationships and seeking out user feedback. If you look at the list of changes and improvements that have directly from user feedback, it's pretty impressive.

The danger in a business that is so customer oriented is that if there is a failure of service or quality, the customer is more likely to feel betrayed because he or she has a greater personal emotional investment in the T@b.

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Since we bought our 2016 T@B S we have perma- grin!!!! Very happy!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    vito - Good points - The T@B isn't for everyone - RVing itself isn't for everyone.
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I love my T@B! Before I purchased mine (1 year ago), I did some tent camping-not a lot. I bought my camper because several of my friends had an RV and I wanted to join them. I didn't know a thing about rving. I did research and chose the tab because of the reviews, size and cute factor.  I travel solo. I worried that the "fun" would wear off after a few trips and I had wasted a lot of money. After 1 year, I have taken 13 trips, spent 57 nights and traveled 4200 miles. I have met the nicest people and I am having a blast!  It was one of my best decisions. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I like my T@B, the awestruck-zombie and enthusiastic waves, and I especially love this forum and the helpfulness. 

Like all RVs and campers (large and small companies alike) there are going to be issues with some units. It can be due to an outside manufacturer replacing an "equivalent" part or there might be a bad batch of something like water pumps or converters. Forums do have a tendency to focus on folks who run into trouble and are trying to find solutions - so I try to keep that in mind. 

I have had a bit of a frustration factor with some things in my T@B, but it's not anything unique to any new camper experience. I think I've had more issues with my new TV than the camper! It's all a learning experience. I hope to keep my T@B for a long time and stick around these forums even longer. Manuals are great to read, but there's nothing that replaces experience, homemade mods and friendly people (jkjenn even met Harvey!). Just look at all the vintage campers still on the road today. A testament to well-built units!

So if I whine a little from time to time about something, just offer me some cheese (or a DS Oreo) and I'll chill. Everything is fixable and mods are great fun to do on these tough little beasts. 

Happy Camping!

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    (jkjenn even met Harvey!).
    True story. :hang_loose:

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    I'm am a happy t@bber!
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    I do not put much faith in dealers, but some are better than others.  I made the choice myself, without a salesmans "help" after owning a 13' Scamp.  But, I do have to give a big kudos to LG for standing behind their product.  I have had alot of problems this first year, but LG has taken care of them with no argument.  Granted, I am disappointed that Condo A-go-go has spent so much time being repaired, but very happy it hasn't been like pulling teeth to get LG to pay for the repairs like others with bigger, much more expensive rigs have had to do.  The group I camp with has experienced the problems first hand while I've been camping, and unfortunately, have been turned off, regardless of the cuteness factor.   It is unfortunate, but I think LG is trying like heck to please it's customers and also make corrections, changes and updates to problem areas and equipment.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    lisacatroselisacatrose Member Posts: 7
    we are Very happy t@bbers
    2015 t@b cs-s max[Dre@mt@b],2007 Toyota Tacoma 4cyl.   Carey&Lisa                                                                                            
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We like our T@B...but our dealer, who was 20 miles away, closed up shop.  Nearest place to get the Alde fixed is now 200 miles away, and nearest dealer are 400 miles.  We wouldn't have bought the T@B had we known..

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    DurangoT@b:  You are not tied down to using the dealer to make repairs.  Most can be made by any RV repair shop.  The dealer I bought from in Las Vegas did not have a fully stocked repair shop at all.  I take mine to the repair shop I used with my other trailer here in town.

Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Have owned my Outback for seven months. Very pleased with the design, size, amenities, quality craftsmanship and outstanding customer service from the factory.  What a great little trailer.  I hope someone tackles the idea for an owner's group as suggested above. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I have owned big and small trailers in the past and the T@B has them all beat! There are always issues and compromises with all trailers but the T@B has had the least out of them all. It is a keeper!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    My dealer closed I've heard but ya know what - I'm not in MN much so makes no difference - I'll repair myself or find an RV or trailer place that can. I'm off warranty so am on my own anyway. If you're under warranty and don't have a dealer close, call the factory and they'll find someone or usually authorize who you've found.
    DurangoTaB - You could have bought a Casita - They don't even have dealers :-)
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    We love our outback. It's so much nicer than the new tent I was looking at getting.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    PXLated said:

DurangoTaB - You could have bought a Casita - They don't even have dealers :-)
    And they're ugly, but that is a matter of opinion I guess.

We are very happy with our T@B, having it three years now, we've both taken across country and are also very proud weekend warriors. 

We, too, were new to RV's, and originally were looking at a Silver Shadow or Camp Inn.  After renting one, @schizokeet decided she wanted something bigger, to be able to stand up in.  She didn't want "a bed in a box."  And, so, returning the rental we saw the T@B.  After going to look at others, we ended up with the original one we saw, at a very good price too.  Never looked back.  While we have had some problems, and still a couple of nagging issues even, we are still very happy with it and there are few other campers I have seen that compare.

@schizokeet was even in a neighboring camper's brand new Jayco at the campground this weekend and commented how much better built our T@B seemed to be.  So, I would say we have a winner.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA