Options

Finally, Exterior LED Lights

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited May 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades
I talked about adding these some two years ago, but today I finally got around to doing it, I added exterior LED lighting mounted under the keder rail.  The lights themselves are remote controlled and have some 32 color combinations, from white, blue red, green, purple, orange, and many shades in between.  Everything is pretty neatly tucked away and sealed with whether proof silicon sealant.  Looks very cool.  Below are some photos of how it was done.

I took off the back cover around the handle.  So this is what it looks like in case anyone was wondering.  Did find a nice little spider nest under it that had to be cleaned up.

Holes were drilled to fit the control box within the panel.  This enabled me to simply plug the power into the bottom when I wanted to use the lights.  Someday I may yet run the power directly into the T@B and tap a 12v source using an adapter, but this will work for now.  You will see how this comes together later.

I attached the control box directly to the T@B and sealed it with silicon.  The two wires are for the connection to the light strip and the remote.

The light strip comes backed with a two sided tape.  I thoroughly cleaned the surface and stuck the lights on, just using binder clips to hold them in place.

Next a bead of silicon caulk went on.  I used DAP crystal clear whether proof (NOT just waterproof) to seal it on, runing a bead of it on each side of the lights for the entire length.

Here the panel is now back in place.  The wire from the lights is that way so it would be out of the way as I put the visor on and off, I didn't want the visor getting caught on it.  Everything has sealant around it now, even the panel that originally did not.  Inside the connect between the lights and the control box is also thoroughly sealed.

The hole in the front of the panel is where the remote sensor sticks out.  It, too, is sealed.

Finally, this is where the power comes in.  It plugs right in to the box with ease.

Can't wait to see how they look under the visor.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments