so close to ordering!

August! =)
Probably a rookie & self explanatory question but are there accessories that are smart to purchase ahead of time?
(with the exception of the electric brake controller which Preston Miller has very kindly offered to install for us.)

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yes - Several threads here (lists, etc) about that. All the basics for setup are ok. Lifestyle things need to wait till you get in, travel, and find out what you need.
  • IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I have all said lists bookmarked :) & have been researching prices, reviews, etc. I don't  want to overspend on gear that seemed like a good idea at the time. I prefer keeping it simple. 

Cool - Things like levelers, hitch lock, 30amp > 110 outlet adapter, etc you won't regreat as they're needed and pretty easy to determine. It's the optional (sounds cool) stuff you can wait on till you've traveled.
  • leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    We have a new T@B purchased last Fall that we've taken out maybe 4 times so far.  Each time we go, we identify something else that will make our experience easier or better in some way.  We don't want to try and duplicate what those big rig people have (really - a washer and dryer!?) but want to stay closer to the tent camping experience.  We're looking forward to tearstock to see what the more experienced among us have found useful and worth the weight.
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    We bought nothing the first season, save for a potable water hose, and a swivel-thingy for the faucet so that water would actually go in the sink. Our T@B came with a power cord and short sewer hose, so we didn't need those, and we still had the usual camping accoutrements from our tenting days. With some 2x10s for leveling and few chock blocks scavenged from the wood shed, we did fine.

Second season, now that's a different story...  :-)
    2015 T@B S
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I read the forum extensively before my T@B arrived. I can honestly say there were only about 6 things I had that I really didn't need, but some of them were from my teardrop. 

I didn't use the collapsible dish pan and strainer from the teardrop, so I gave them away.

I ended up not liking the bed made up all of the time, so I got rid of the 3" memory foam mattress and I use a Thermorest instead.

I tried using the BAL tire leveler that I had and found the Lego blocks are easier for me.

The two bed pillows from the teardrop were in my way, so now I use throw pillows and can change my decor easily by getting new throw pillows.

I'm on my third plastic container under the sink for cooking utensils and my second one for the silverware, so sometimes it's trial and error to find the best solution. 

A "Y" sewer adapter before I saw the sewer drains up close--sent to Goodwill since it won't work easily on the T@B. 

I did buy the most recommended sewer hose plus extension, a 25' fresh water hose and a short 5' fresh water hose with a "Y" adapter to use be able to use both, a water pressure regulator, a Visor XL (love it!), a T@B tent (still haven't used it, but not giving up on it), a 5' length of black water hose for sewer disposal usage, I already had tire chocks,  I had the electrical adapters, I bought an outside rug that I love, I have purchased inexpensive inside rugs (it's amazing how much you track in), and a camping small brush with dust pan to sweep the floor. And do buy the swivel thingy for the kitchen faucet. 

But, I recommend doing as Scott did. Try camping first to see if you need anything that you don't have. You may not like rugs, you may have many items around your house from tent camping. Decorating is an ongoing process for me, and I recommend not buying too many decorating items before camping. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I used to have lots of interior decorating items, decorator pillows, stuffed animals, pretty throws, BUT then you have to have a place to put them when you go to bed. So away they went. I now only have one roll pillow and one stuffed Mickey. The roll pillow comes in handy as a lumbar support when I'm sitting on the side bench on the computer.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    I used some excellent lists on this board to help determine what we might need and ordered some basic accessories from Amazon so we'd have them with we picked up our T@B.  However, when we picked up our T@B, we found that some of the items we'd purchased came in our T@B and/or were in a starter bucket provided by our dealer. So, my suggestion is that before you buy anything, ask your dealer what will come with the trailer or be provided.  Also, we found that our dealer had very good pricing on accessories--often the same as Amazon and Walmart and less than Camping World. 
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
    edited July 2018
    Everything in my dealer starter kit was cheap, cheap . Went in the dumpster at my first stop.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    A few people have raved about their upgraded ceiling fan with the rain shroud. I personally appreciate the Outback platform with larger propane box. A Group 27 battery and solar panels are needed if you plan any Boondocking.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited July 2018
    PXLated said:
    Everything in my dealer starter kit was cheap, cheap . Went in the dumpster at my first stop.
    I actually got a pretty good water pressure regulator and still use it today, but the actual water hose I got was bad. 
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Dont buy the faucet swivel ahead. My trailer came with an articulating faucet and yours might too. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Camp first, camp first, camp first! Other than sewer hose,  water hose, electrical cord, wheel chocks and a good leveler, wait until you decide what you need! We took along a note pad for the things WE needed, or wanted, and it has worked out great! Hope this helps you. OH! And when you get done with your list, then go to this forum for some REALLY great ideas!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    That's the plan, ericnliz. I went to look at a CS model today; it's perfect.
    Take my money, Millers in PA!

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     ;) 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Lil_L's_Sofitel_15Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 Member Posts: 30
    I am the most happy with my "awning".The best thing I've purchased, & wished I'd gotten it for my first trip from the dealer. I also got the front curtain for it, so it is the most versatile piece of equipment I have, part tent, part awning.  It is water & wind proof too, Yes! I was in torrential rain & wind and nothing inside was affected. 
    I like my swivel on the faucet, yes the faucet moves but, this makes it more practical. 
    I got a 6 foot carpet runner for my door mat, a small soft rug inside. Only things I can throw in the wash. And a whisk broom & dustpan. Almost no kitchen stuff. A pot, A skillet. I tiny coffee maker. I grill as much as possible so I treated myself to a nice weberQ 1200, very small and does what I need. Also a solar lamp for the kitchen! I hate that weird blue light in the door.
    The extra fluff stuff is a lightweight lounge chair, an light outdoor chair & small folding table to be used inside or out. I figured out anything & everything has to have a place. I could see it would be maddening to have to fiddle around with extra pillows and junk, so I just don't have any and it is so nice for me. 
    My only other big splurge is the solar panels, a must have for me. 
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 I'm going minimalist as I realize I'm lugging around more and more things that are unnecessary (sorry, but glamping teardrop lights are necessary!! LOL - shore powah only).

I don't think I'm the only one who does that. You can track our FT Verna around the country by mapping out Goodwills :lol: I think PXL has the same attitude (other than special throw pillows made for him). I'm down to 2 boxes - one for chairs, visor, step and table; and one for drill, adaptors, water hose, lights, water filter replacement and other large things that don't fit in the little inside T@B "anything" box. The only reason I don't put everything in the big box is that it's hard for me to lift.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Lil_L's_Sofitel_15Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 Member Posts: 30
    Well, I do have my fairy lights ... But they are solar. They warm the place up!
    i can't lift anything! So no boxes for me! I am mindfully leaving things behind. But gosh it is tempting to bring extra things sometimes!
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Ratkity said:
    @Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 I'm going minimalist as I realize I'm lugging around more and more things that are unnecessary (sorry, but glamping teardrop lights are necessary!! LOL - shore powah only).
    Yes, they are!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    Huh. I've pretty much ignored all the excellent advice and have purchased lots of fun stuff, and my T@b is set to be made June 27th! We ordered a silver with yellow CS-S Max. I'll probably regret some of it, but I sure have had fun finding and buying yellow stuff for the kitchen, like spatulas, tongs, etc, bedding, towels, awning mat, and more. I have the BAL leveler, leveling blocks, and other useful, boring stuff in my Amazon cart and will order that soon. We should get it in mid-July, so I'm way ahead of the game! 

While some of it is probably indulgent, our goal is to have this thing stocked and ready for travel, and not have to pack a bunch of stuff from home when we want to go. 
    @Roadie_O you go and get what you want and when you want! Worst comes to worst, Verna can point to practically all the Goodwills in the US ;) ! It adds to the excitement and you might even find that you need MORE yellow things!!! Glamping is an individualized hobby (aka obsession) and it's a fun past time. Careful with the mod obsession!! That one sneaks up on you when you aren't paying attention!!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    edited June 2016
    Be sure to get a Goodwill card-- it works in Indiana and Arizona and they love it when my truck is filled up ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Ratkity said:
    @Roadie_O you go and get what you want and when you want! Worst comes to worst, Verna can point to practically all the Goodwills in the US ;) ! It adds to the excitement and you might even find that you need MORE yellow things!!! Glamping is an individualized hobby (aka obsession) and it's a fun past time. Careful with the mod obsession!! That one sneaks up on you when you aren't paying attention!!! 
    Some of my stuff has been purchased from Goodwill! Less guilt that way. :) My only really stupid item has been a set of pink flamingos that are being painted yellow! 
    edited June 2016
    Roadie_O said:
    Ratkity said:
    Some of my stuff has been purchased from Goodwill! Less guilt that way. :) My only really stupid item has been a set of pink flamingos that are being painted yellow! 
    I sent my pink flamingos to Goodwil  =). =)  And I may have sent my black ones from Halloween there, too ;);)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    The only better place for plastic flamingos than Goodwill is a dumpster :-)
    PXLated, I think there was a movie made about you, only it had a couple of men in it....can you guess the title ?  ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    edited June 2016
    Photomom - You're taking me way to serious...
    Been making fun of glam and flamingos forever :-)
    Aw, just wait till I post pics of my small but adorable flock. ;) Sorry to hijack your post, @IrishCamper74. It really did start with me relating to the "what should I buy" topic!
    Oh V! *raises hand* Ooo-ooo-oo! I know the answer! I know! I know! :lol: 

(and there were a couple sequels too!)