Options

Special Orders

dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
For those of you who have special ordered your T@bs from the factory through your dealers, what are some of the extras you have requested to be added to you T@b. Just curious to know what the possibilities are. I've seen some things mentioned in various posts, but I would like to get a better idea of what can be done.

Thanks, Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    IMHO the very best thing you can get is a Maxxair Maxxfan. I will never have to worry about rain getting in when the vent is open.

We also like the aluminum platform. I have bins on there full of stuff that would otherwise be cluttering up the back of my SUV.

We are less thrilled with the outside shower, but in fairness we haven't used it yet for its intended purpose of washing dishes and doing laundry.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Roadie_ORoadie_O Member Posts: 40
    We upgraded to the all-gray fabric from the Outback. Looks really sharp.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Photomom said:
    IMHO the very best thing you can get is a Maxxair Maxxfan. I will never have to worry about rain getting in when the vent is open.
    You can also have your dealer add the Fantastic Fan vent cover, which allow the very top to be wide open while it rains. I upgraded my fan to the Fantastic Fan 7350 upgrade kit because it has a much lower power consumption and has 10 speeds.

You can pick your own fslabruc out and they will install it in your T@b. I highly recommend Ultraleather. It is very soft and wipes clean with a damp cloth.

I would also make sure they are installing 12v outlets in the rear of the cabin and if they are not, I would order those.

You can also special order colors for the trim and body.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Ditto with the fabric. The standard choices would be very hard to decorate around. We ordered the gray Outback fabric and I'm so glad we did.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Someone mentioned LG is now offering a microwave option.  If so, then the propane pizza oven and washer/dryer combo can't be too far behind.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    I learned an interesting tid bit of informstion from Patsy Miller @ Miller Trailer Sales, about custom paint on the trim. She said that the standard colors offered are color injected. Color throughout.
    Custom color would be a coating of whatever color you chose over white trim. You're given a tiny amount for touch-ups. Any considerable sized scrape/ding & the white base will show through.
    She highly recommended staying away from custom trim color.
    Something to think about if you're going that route. 
    Initally, I looked at green as a custom & have since changed my mind. 

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I learned an interesting tid bit of informstion from Patsy Miller @ Miller Trailer Sales, about custom paint on the trim. She said that the standard colors offered are color injected. Color throughout.
    Custom color would be a coating of whatever color you chose over white trim. You're given a tiny amount for touch-ups. Any considerable sized scrape/ding & the white base will show through.

How hard are the trim pieces to remove for painting if it gets damaged or chiped? I'm ordering Orange and its on the order form as a $ 1008.00 dollar extra item? I like the idea of the injected color better so I may change my mind when I finalize my order 
  • Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    We ordered the portal window in the bathroom and are very glad we did. The window adds light (we rarely turn on the overhead) and makes the tiny space feel less claustrophobic.  

Ditto Photomom on the front outback platform.  Very convenient for storage of items, like sewer stuff, that you don't want in your camper.

Note:  When we ordered earlier this year, the front window was an LG "option" but a standard feature for our dealership.  I am hoping that LG has made the front window standard, but do check.  We went in a T@B at another dealer that did not have a front window (error on a special order) and determined that we wouldn't own a T@B without a front window.
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    We looked at a trailer that didn't have a front window and it felt very confined. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

How hard are the trim pieces to remove for painting if it gets damaged or chiped? I'm ordering Orange and its on the order form as a $ 1008.00 dollar extra item? I like the idea of the injected color better so I may change my mind when I finalize my order 
    My custom trim was only an additional $500, but that was 2 years, ago. It is not that prone to chipping. Any body shop could color match, too. I have never regretted the custom color. 

We ordered the portal window in the bathroom and are very glad we did. The window adds light (we rarely turn on the overhead) and makes the tiny space feel less claustrophobic.  

Ditto Photomom on the front outback platform.  Very convenient for storage of items, like sewer stuff, that you don't want in your camper.

Note:  When we ordered earlier this year, the front window was an LG "option" but a standard feature for our dealership.  I am hoping that LG has made the front window standard, but do check.  We went in a T@B at another dealer that did not have a front window (error on a special order) and determined that we wouldn't own a T@B without a front window.
    I agree. I also feel the front window us a must.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    My special order is now in!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    Thanks PXLated, late September I'm told for delivery. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Anticipation will kill 'ya, the end results will thrill 'ya! Congrats and have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    sherm2954sherm2954 Member Posts: 38
    what about having them color match some graphics? I have a 2015 Ford Explorer that is Caribou Metallic in color (guys call it metallic brown...).
  • Options
    TiffanyTiffany Member Posts: 9
    If you special order a camper instead of buying one the dealer already has in stock, do you still get a dealer discount off of MSRP? Trying to get a feel for what our actual out of pocket cost will be for the Tab Max S we're planning to buy. Hope it's ok to ask this here. Thanks! 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Having just received our "ordered" Tab, I would say, there is less room to negotiate.  When it is sitting on their lot and the dealer is paying a monthly inventory tax, there is probably more room to negotiate.  I would think the end of the month would be a good time to purchase off the lot for this reason.  The only problem with the Tab is that they frequently sell quickly and availability of the model/color you want may be limited.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TiffanyTiffany Member Posts: 9
    @SAM thanks, that makes sense. And congrats on your new trailer! We visited our local dealer today, and their reasoning for not giving deals on special orders is that you're paying for the freight of shipping one unit separately, opposed to when they order a bunch at once and the cost is split between them. Need to double check if they can add our special order in when they do a bulk order.... 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Tiffany, our sales guy knew we were fine to wait a bit before ordering last fall, but called to let us know when their next order was going in. We saved shipping by adding their order. Ask.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red