Options

Dealer walk through list

Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
i know there are many recent and soon to beT@B owners. Sweet Pegaleen and I are interested in any walk though list you may have made to bring to your dealer to insure you got a full education. Also, what do you wish you had learned? We're hoping to pick up D@isy ( yeah, I know...but it was a concession to SP) early next week. Thanks, Bill & Sweet Pegaleen
'17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    i know there are many recent and soon to beT@B owners. Sweet Pegaleen and I are interested in any walk though list you may have made to bring to your dealer to insure you got a full education. Also, what do you wish you had learned? We're hoping to pick up D@isy ( yeah, I know...but it was a concession to SP) early next week. Thanks, Bill & Sweet Pegaleen
    My one piece of advice is to ask them let you try everything they show you, including:
    Connecting/disconnecting the T@b from your TV,
    Doing different things on the Alde -maybe shoot a video,
    Opening and closing the windows,
    Show you where the battery fuse is,
    Show you how to get sound through the Jensen speakers from thee TV,
    Helping you determine if your TV is charging your T@b, if you don't know, and
    If you have the old table, how to raise and lower it.

Also, I had them turn on the fridge on LP and fire up the Alden before I arrived and tested the a/c and fan before I left. It was about a 3.5 hr drive to the dealer for me, so I wanted to make sure everything worked. It might be a good idea to camp near your dealer the first night so if you have questions or issues you are close.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Adding to Jenn's list...
    winterizing and dewinterizing
    lighting the fridge on propane
    glycol
    the hidden fuses on the Alde

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Light the stove
    Run water through the sink and shower (if you have one) using both water in the tank and a fresh water source
    Flush the toilet if you have one
    Dump the clean water out of the tanks you just ran water through
    Use YOUR power cord instead of the one attached to the building in their prep area
    Spray it down with water and crawl around inside
    Close up all windows, have someone sit inside in the dark and shine a flashlight on all seams (where roof meets sides, where floor meets sides, wheel wells, etc).
    If light comes through fill the holes.
    Check all systems on both power and battery and propane (if applicable)
    Check all plugs (110, 12V, and USB)
    Check all lights
    Check window latches
    Check window shades
    Open and shut every cabinet and storage space
    Check trim fit and screws
    check door/hatch locks
    look at all sides of cushions for bad sewing, etc.
    run overhead fan in both directions all speeds
    run A/C, heat, hot water
    check tire lug nuts
    crawl underneath and do a general look at the frame for anything that looks "off"
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    Great thread topic!  I will be bringing these lists with us when we pick up our new D@isy M@y--hopefully in mid-May.  I can already see the dealer's eyes rolling!  Thanks to all who are providing input to us soon-to-be T@B owners.
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Don't worry ethelouise, just roll the dealer's eyes back to him/her. They'll recover. LOL.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Absolutely let their eyes roll. My dealer was less than happy with me, and he learned a thing or two. Granted it was 110 in the shade that day, but I wasn't about to leave without making sure it was all correct.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone, for this list! 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    @jkjenn, do I need to bring a mallet & some Vaseline to whack the coupler onto the ball? Looks like from previous ball/coupler conversations things are stiff to begin with? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @jkjenn, do I need to bring a mallet & some Vaseline to whack the coupler onto the ball? Looks like from previous ball/coupler conversations things are stiff to begin with? Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    I would spray it with some type of grease. Vaseline, I believe will dry out faster and they goo-iness will hold more dirt. I never needed the mallet, but others have.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Hehe... too funny. Um, yes to the mallet or clawed crowbar. No to vaseline. RV repair place recommended lithium grease. Not just for on the ball, but inside the coupler. I found that any forward or backward pressure on the ball at all makes it hard to release the coupler lock mechanism (uneven ground). Sometimes just taking the TV out of park and allowing a tiny bit of movement makes it so much easier to release. Yes, over time, my sister said it has gotten easier to move the mechanism. *must stop before stiffness puns get outta hand!*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    I only brought up Vaseline because Verna mentioned it in the Very Stubborn Trailer Hitch thread.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I only brought up Vaseline because Verna mentioned it in the Very Stubborn Trailer Hitch thread.
    It works very well from me, and washes out of clothes very easily. I will continue using it ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I use lithium grease, too.

• Options
    I am clothes washing impaired. Bacon grease is the worst for me to get out of clothes (but cooking that stuff nekkid is not recommended). It doesn't matter what type of petroleum product or stain remover or soap I use. The washing machine gods hate me (followed closely by the clothes that I have to repeatedly wash lol). 
  • Options
    Ratkity said:
    I am clothes washing impaired. Bacon grease is the worst for me to get out of clothes (but cooking that stuff nekkid is not recommended). It doesn't matter what type of petroleum product or stain remover or soap I use. The washing machine gods hate me (followed closely by the clothes that I have to repeatedly wash lol). 
    Zout used to be my go to for grease stains but yoyo can't find it any more.

• Options

jkjenn said:
    Ratkity said:
    Zout used to be my go to for grease stains but yoyo can't find it any more.

I'll add Zout to my walkthrough request. (must provide a spray bottle!!)
  • Options
    Ha! I don't think they make it any more. They combined it with Oxy Clean and it isn't as potent for chemical based stains.

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Ratkity said:
    Bacon grease..... I remember that we saved ours when I was a kid.  Very bad for you, but my mom cooked everything with it and it was delicious......
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    deedeerodedeedeerode Member Posts: 5
    We are picking up our T@B this week. I can't wait. The particular forum is great. Always tent camped, so a list of questions for the dealer during walk through is a great asset. Thanks! 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Bacon grease, lard - Not as bad as they said according to recent studies. Know a hospital doc, has a lot of 80, 90 year old farmers, been eating bacon grease forever - He always comments that if food science was accurate, these people should have been dead years ago :-)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    They also did hard physical work every day. Most of us don't. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    FloridalohaFloridaloha Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2016
    Speaking as a newbie, this is a great list of things for the dealer to check before delivery. BIG THANKS to Jenn, Durango and Mouseketab.

I'm going to add some keywords here so that others searching for what the dealer should do before sale will find this thread more easily.

Dealer checklist, Dealer check list, Dealer walk through, Dealer walkthrough, Dealer walk-through, Dealer punch list. Buyer checklist for dealer.