Options

New Black Wheels on 2017 Outback?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TimeoutTimeout Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2016
    I suppose our dealer assumed every one liked black rims (and cheap tires) or the factory would not have made them standard.
    The dealer didn't have 3 new wheels just laying around to swap. I asked. 
    After driving 600 miles just to get an Outback, we didn't want to go back or spend more money on a motel waiting for wheels.
    I'm much more unhappy with the lack of name brand tires.
    We will replace tires before long anyway, so may as well replace the rims with rims of our choice.
    We just hope there are not many other surprises with the Outback.

2017 T@B Outback
    Toyota Tacoma
    Western Slope Colorado
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Have you tried to contact PV about this issue, and that you weren't aware that the wheels would be black, nor did the dealer let you know? Might want to give it a try.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, I'd contact the factory.
    Personally don't like black rims and wouldn't accept them.
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I guess me being a Jeep driver does influence my preferences. I plan to tow limited times with my Jeep but it will look cool as a combo. I was actually going to order aftermarket black wheels so this time I should save a few bucks on that. The tires they are using however don't  rate well, I will be changing  them with the first month to a high grade tire.  I have for some reason always liked black or grayish colored weeks better that aluminum or chrome. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Jeep owner here so I'm not sure that's it :-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I guess me being a Jeep driver does influence my preferences. I plan to tow limited times with my Jeep but it will look cool as a combo. I was actually going to order aftermarket black wheels so this time I should save a few bucks on that. The tires they are using however don't  rate well, I will be changing  them with the first month to a high grade tire.  I have for some reason always liked black or grayish colored weeks better that aluminum or chrome. 

Did they stop using the A/T Grabbers?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    It's appears they did

That's too bad. I have been happy with them on my T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014