Options

Alde no heat

This is my second season with my '15 T@B CS-S.  Turned the Alde on last night and no heat.  I am driveway camping and plugged into shore power.  Water tank is empty.  LP is on.  Controls are one lightning bolt,, LP flame, column three is "0", and temp set a "0".  Nothing.  I checked the fuses on the converter and the "hidden" fuses under the seat.  Still nothing.  I've spent the better part of the day going through the forums and manuals and still nothing.  Any suggestions?  Please!  I'm hoping to get some more camping in this fall, and could probably use the heat.  Note:  it worked fine last year.  Don't know it this has anything to do o do with it, but the converter's fan runs constantly, but I'm assuming that is because I have no battery.

martha in Vermont '15 T@B CS-S Max H@ppy C@mper

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You have to turn that temperature dial up. Try 3.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    I assume by "temp set at 0" you mean the little dot on the dial between 3 and 4. If so, that should be fine.

However, you also have to turn the Alde on. "Column 3" allows you to select heat and hot water, or just hot water. The "0" setting is off.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We just got back from a super overnighter...temps down to 26deg.  The night before I was worried about stuff freezing so I plugged her in to shore power and turned on the heat...all as Jenn says, but had the dial close to zero...several hours later, no heat.  I guess zero means zero!  At our camp site we paid the big bucks to get an elec hookup, turned the T@B heat to 2, and it was a toasty, and quiet (!) 61 deg all night...nice.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    FromupnorthQCFromupnorthQC Member Posts: 6
    New problem after 2 years, I went through the fuses problem, understand very well how thermostat works, boondocking 100 % of the time, using LP propane for water heating. When the heating furnace is turned on, it will run for 2 min max, and the red light comes on. I can hear the circulating pump running, exhaust vent blowing out and also hearing the ignitor continously clicking noise with sporadic burner noise igniting and shutting off. Anyone had problem with sensors ( I think there are 3 sensors in the system..), note :propane gaz level is full. Over the phone, service guy think it is my propane gaz supply pressure that is too low...any experiences with contaminants in the pressure line or with the furnace propane nozzle itself being blocked. Thanks.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I had a problem with a bad tank one time - Full tank but no go ... Does your cooktop work?
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    PXL has a good idea!  I have had a no-gas situation 3 times in our 2006 CS due to the pig-tail from the tank to the regulator going bad.  There is a high-flow safety valve in the pigtail for safety purposes that sometimes goes bad.  I now keep a spare pig-tail in my tool kit for such situations.
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    Cook top works well, I'll check the high flow safety valve in the pig tail at next opportunity, this is all new to me...thanks
  • Options
    Just checked, LP line out of the tank goes directly to a white plastic cover pressure regulator, our is a M@X 2015.
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    Good.  If the cook top works it is not the high flow safety valve in the pigtail.  I should have added that the high flow safety valve is inside the rubber pig-tail and is not visible from the outside - it is on the end that connects to the tank, not the regulator.  I don't understand how it works but when it goes bad, speaking from experience, you will not have any gas from the tank to anything.  I was told it was to prevent a release of gas in case the hose gets cut or otherwise damaged.

John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    This is a peculiar problem, as the propane heating element should operate the same way whether you are heating the cabin or just hot water.

If the "hot water only" setting indeed works fine, I would suspect a snafu in the  "cabin heat" circuitry rather than with burner itself. That's just a guess, though...
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TweedrvrTweedrvr Member Posts: 122
    Thank you everyone regarding my no heat issue.  Now I have a winterizing question which I will put in another thread.
    martha in vermont

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Here my finding...after 30 minutes after removing this #@$&p;% propane pressure gauge from the pig tail, everything works just fine, I think I will cut in half to see what was hacking up inside the gauge.