Options

Best Cellular Plan for full time RVing...

Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
edited January 2017 in Products and Accessories
ATT offered me this Promo last year during the price war with T mobile... doubled my data from 30 gigs a month to 60... yes I'm happy and I get rollover...3 gigs a day....my wife plans to work on the road as we travel and this seems to be a good solution...

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Best plans depend on where you travel and what carrier coverage there is. Can have all the data cheap but if you can't connect it's useless.
  • Options
    pretty sure everyone has a plan... so let's see em... 
    carrier... data limit... and let's add coverage...lol...
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Works for me ...
    And I live in the sticks....

Image size edited by moderator.  Please keep portrait images to 600px.  Thanks!

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    We're on sprint's old friends and family plan with unlimited data and no roaming for cell service...fantastic in big metropolitan areas but sucks in the outback..we pay 110 and 30 for each additional...we do this primarily so our adult children have an affordable option...although it's hard to be the landlord of the cell plan at times.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Deltaboy - Depends on which sticks you camp in. Verizon has worked well for me but there are areas where no Verizon but great AT&T and visa/versa.
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    I have Verizon and my husband has AT&T. 
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I have Verizon and my husband has AT&T. 
    That's the way to do it to cover your bases.  Plus I still have my grandfathered unlimited Verizon plan.   We only get Verizon at  our house and I stream Netflix a bunch.  Verizon hates me.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    Verizon. I got signal a lot more frequently than my sister-in-law on AT&T in CO, UT, and AZ this summer. If you have 2 people, it is optimal to have one person on each.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    From the many people I talk to, Verizon seems to have the widest coverage - Have thought of buying a throw away (druggy type) phone when I need AT&T.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    PXLated said:
    Best plans depend on where you travel and what carrier coverage there is. Can have all the data cheap but if you can't connect it's useless.
    Yup, that's why I have Verizon, seems to get the best coverage, and in the end that is what really matters.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We have Verizon with two home phones and 5 iPhones (don't ask) and 16 GB data. We travel mostly in the northeast now and have encountered dead areas when away from the interstates in WV, VT, NH, ME, and PA, and in the wilderness areas of the Catskills and Adirondacks. I doubt any other carrier would have coverage in these areas either.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    There's a few select spots around the DC Metro area that go dead as a doornail and you can even see the cell tower... hrmmmmmm (usually by secure places).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    From the PA border in the Poconos, through the Hudoson Valley, upstate NY has poor signal in many spots. Same is true for the Finger Lakes.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Here in the Mississippi Delta...I can be miles from the nearest soul to talk to and still have 5 bars... go figure....no obstructions....?